Elemental Equilibrium Build Ideas

So I've always been interested with Elemental Equilibrium and want to either make a new char or respec one of my guys on Talisman to make a build with it.

Question is what build?

Just hoping for some ideas. Things I have thought of are:

Marohi - Leap Slam (Hatred), CoMK, Shock Nova

Simply using 2 spells - Arc for chains and something else

Super gimicky Wild Strike

I know the build won't be the best but any ideas would be good. Oh and don't wanna do Explosive Arrow too easy :)
I need a signature to look legit
I'm on mobile so it would be hard to link but I recently was reading a guide called warping totema. The idea changed a bit in 2.1 but you use lightwarp spell totems or shockwave totems to process ee for your searing bond. Definately worth looking at.
EE builds I've seen:

Summoner using lightning damage to proc and Generosity + Hatred on summons to get a damage buff (SRS is 50% fire damage right?)

Explosive Arrow. Get cold or lightning added to attacks, the arrows that add EA charges proc EE, explosion gets a nice resist reduction. Classic ignite-based EA also had a secondary Ice Shot skill to LGoH life back while switching enemies' resits back to fire vulnerability while the ignite melted them.

Righteous Fire. The version that focuses on burning enemies with ignite damage would Cyclone around to proc EE and curse-on-hit to bring enemy resists as low as possible for fast melty burns. I've even seen a version that uses Leo crafting on a 2h staff to get level1 blood magic and reduced DoT damage taken so he could quad-curse off the 6-link while still utilizing Kaom's Heart.

Also, not exactly EE, but I use this in my Infernal Blow build to help deal with high-resist curse-immune mobs:

Oddly enough only the ice-arrow attack actually deals cold damage (Really GGG? The rolling attack that drops ground ice is pure physical?), so it doesn't proc all that often. It's not really a real DPS increase, more like a DPS helper for when the game decides to fuck over curse-focused builds.

The problem with combining EE with something like Wild Strike (or even Elemental Hit way back when) is that you're not going to benefit from EE 100% of the time. You could get the same element multiple times in a row, in which case EE would be detrimental. Also, particularly with Wild Strike, you're going to have difficulty scaling your damage. Added fire and Hatred are out. Poison won't be very effective since your WS effects are all elemental damage. Does Multistrike choose the same mode for every skill activation? If so that's not going to work very well either. Scaling the secondary effects is also problematic since they all scale in different ways, so conc and ppad aren't super helpful. That leaves you with, what. WED, faster attacks, MPD I guess but that won't scale with the secondary effects. I suppose you could link CoH eleweak, but you can get the same effect on your gloves.

I dunno. It could probably work okay-ish, especially if you have the right gear (dual Doryanis would help make up for your poor damage scaling).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jan 9, 2016, 9:41:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info