Caster has to use whirling blades for optimal movement ?!?

So this kinda bothers me a bit, why are casters bound to use a dagger just to be able to use whirling blades, it's ten times faster than lightning warp in everyway and makes going wand absolutely useless.

I think that's a big issue and i should not be forced to use a dagger to have maximum dodging and movement potential.

Lightning warp should be reincreased in term of speed to balance the two, they should be as fast so i can use a wand again and not be forced to use whirlind blades.

If you compare LW and WB lightning warp is really slow and shitty, whirling blade is almost instant and has like 4x the speed of warp.

Defeats the purpose of using a wand as a caster...
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
LW is goddamned terrible. It's even worse playing a wander which does not even have the option to use a dagger.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You can skip legdes with lightning warp though, and if you link it with less duration and faster casting, it's pretty much instant... So, depending on the situation, whirling blades might look faster, but in some cases, lightning warp will actually be faster.

Whirling blades is still slow on it's own, yo need faster attacks and something to make it fast.

So no matter how you look at it, they're pretty much balanced, with LW being only slower because of the teleport ability. If i encounter a door in a dungeon, one of those barred doos that are in walls, and there's a long way around, LW works through that (i once messed up an exile that way lol, that was funny :P ), whereas you need to go all the way around with WB. Same with ledges. You need to use the slopes to get up, LW just gets you up there without hassle.

Have you tried Flame dash? It's the best of both worlds for casters. Although it won't "teleport" you everywhere, you can actually dash onto some cliffs and through some doors with it i believe.
Last edited by Veprovina on Jan 9, 2016, 4:29:24 PM
Flame dash is good, yes.
But
If you use whirling blades you can link it to fortify. This is another huge plus to using daggers an whirling blades.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
The number of times I have accidentally used LW to teleport myself INTO a mob instead of away.... :(
Lightning warp works fine.

As mentioned earlier, if you have redued duration and fast cast supports, as well as a decent amount of fast cast from the tree it is the fastest way to move around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info