Blade Vortex and Temp Chains

Does having the curse temporal chains on make blade vortex expire slower?
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 1:36:37 AM
No, Blade Vortex is your spell, Temporal chains only makes something that's affecting mobs expire slower. Chaos damage, other curses, wither charges, even their own franzy/endurance/power charges. But blade vortex is not affecting them it's affecting you. You can prolong it with increased duration and a few passives, but that's about it.

EDIT: Also, no matter the duration, if you reach max limit of 50 blades, casting more won't do anything besides removing the oldest blade in favour of the newest cast.
Last edited by Veprovina on Jan 8, 2016, 11:29:36 PM
yes, you can use temporal chains as selfcurse to let Blade Vortex last longer.
I'm talking about using on myself with Shackles of the Wretched but now im confused would it increase how long they stay on me with temp chains or not.
yes it would make it last longer.

however you also move slower, and temporal chains has a 40% reduced effect against players (including yourself). so not really sure its worth it for an item socket
I'm pretty certain that Blade Vortex will NOT last longer if you are cursed with temporal chains. Quoted from the wiki:
"
Temporal Chains will make any effect which has a duration on the cursed pass more slowly than it normally would, including itself.

Blade Vortex does not have a duration on the cursed player. The same goes for Vaal Spark. The reason why (Vaal-)Molten Shell lasts longer is because it buffs the players armor for the same duration.
Last edited by kahzin on Jan 9, 2016, 2:34:17 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1557662
Vipermagi wrote temp chains would prolong blade votex' duration. That settles the issue for me:)
I've just tested it. I used Blade Vortex with 135% Increased Duration (90% from tree, 45% from level 1 Increased Duration). Blade Vortex lasted for roughly 12 seconds.
I then cursed myself with Shackles + Temp Chains, casted Blade Vortex again and it still lasted for roughly 12 seconds.
Last edited by kahzin on Jan 9, 2016, 2:51:58 PM
That is very peculiar, I did not know that such effects are actually divorced from the player. Thank you for testing. :)
This was actually the first build that I really wanted to play when Blade Vortex was first released. Although I later came to the concluesion that prolonging the duration of Blade Vortex with Temp Chains was't really necessary (~13 seconds with the duration nodes + Q20/20 Increased Duration Gem). But while testing this stuff I realized that builds which rely on self cursing are, in my opinion, in a rather bad place right now.

Even with heavy investment into skill effect duration and curse duration (90% ID passive, 75% ID Gem, 95% Curse Duration passive, 50% Curse Duration from Doedre's Scorn) your temp chains curse will only last a little over 12 seconds on yourself. This doesn't seem to be too low, but if your build really relys on this particular mechanic being cursed is often a matter of life and death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info