New to expansion - Rate build please

Hi guys,

I'll start with I have never posted on the forums and I have no idea if the way I'm doing this is even right, feel free to correct me

I only started this expansion a few days ago but had played PoE for around a year before it's arrival. I was not rich by any means and always played my own builds, never looked at anothers. The purpose of this thread is that I would like to get other player's opinions on my build so far and what I intended for my end game build. I would like for any viewers to keep these points in mind:

* I don't know any of the late game items at all
* I'm not worried about what my current items are like, I'm poor and making do
* I'm mainly interested in my people's opinions on my selection of gems and combinations used
* I'm not interested in hearing "I personally wouldn't use this build". I'm interested in constructive criticism about what might be bad/good about it and what people would change to improve it

The build I'm trying to make is a Tanky templar who utilizes defence, magic dmg and physical.

This is currently my main skill, Ice Crash and I'm trying to focus my build around it. I only have faster attacks linked temporarily as I intend for an end game item to provide that so I can use something else.

These are my 2 CWDT, the CWDT on my weapon is temp as I'm not sure if I like that combination or not.

This is my aura/curse used to help penetrate more of my enemies cold resistance. I'm also using Herald of Ice/Thunder to increase my overall Ice Crash dmg and use the AOE included to produce more aoe from their kill effects.

My reckoning/vengence/riposte because the way I see it, being tanky doesn't leave room for a whole lot of DPS so while being tanky, I'll use myself getting hit as potential for dealing some extra dmg.

So far I've had no real trouble dealing with any of the games content, only slight trouble from bosses but for the most part I'm tanky enough that they can't kill me. Clearing mobs is normally done within the first 2 attacks, AOE from ice crash and sometimes the Hoi/HoT will proc their aoe clearing the mobs even faster.

My current passive tree is : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMGOQthDF8U9hhWGj4cpykuMJcy0TSOOYo7OzwFPC09D0GHQ2NDyEVHRZ1G108EUeZTUlOlVw1XKV8_ZlRodGjya9lxTXGFcg9yqXasd1N5OXy4ffV-4oIHgpuDX4PMhVKFe4Y7lG-aO5rPmuCexZ_fogCtja9ssUK3PsBmxPbGrs9-0iHYvdlh2mLqGOvu7DjvfPAf8azyL_JB8kX3Mvno_go=

This is realistically only temporary but I've tried to go down the path I originally intended and not just a "take it when I need it" - Excluding the 1 (30 dex) node I took, I 100% intend to replace that. You might notice that I've taken spell dmg nodes here and there, that's nothing to do with Ice Crash but instead my CWDT Ice Nova, Tempest Shield and Molten Shell.

Thanks in advance guys and also sorry if I've done this incorrectly, again it's my first time so please be gentle. Any other information you'd like to know, feel free to ask in replies.
Hello, i can't really check much because i'm on a tablet. About the tree i'd try focusing on more life% and shield nodes. The best way to do that is going towards the duelist area.
Also, cwdt-enduring cry won't work anymore(enduring cry is a warcry instead of spell now, so replace it with immortal call and manually cast enduring cry when needed, or find another way to gain endurance charges).
About your riposte-vengeance-reckoning setup, i'd switch added cold damage to melee physical damage, since if you are using hatred the cold damage is enough to freeze.
Also, since you are making a tanky character i'd suggest using the support fortify on either your main atk or a secondary attack.
Finally, if you are not going crt, get Resolute Technique in your tree(It's just 1 point away)
replace enduring cry with immortal call. afaik warcries don't work with CwDT anymore.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I done some research and it is correct that CWDT does not work with warcries. Due to my socket color limitations, I've currently swapped my weapon to Molten shell, cwdt and that one that shoots a giant line of ice out. I'm trying iron will on my nova/tempest shield and it increased the dmg a lot more. I'm going to pick up resolute in the next few lvls and I'll check out this fortity in the mean time.

Thanks again for the tips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info