Star Wars- Spoiler Alert!

I want to see more Captain Phasma, def my fav of the new chrs.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I think they shot her outve that garbage pod right? Shes still alive, she got off the base before it blew
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

I would have preferred a male as the star instead of Rey. I have nothing at all against females, but still would have liked to see a male in the leading role, like Luke was in the earlier movies.

If only Rey was more Luke-like, I wouldn't care. But she's just so perfect at everything that it hurts. Classic Mary Sue syndrome and it really put me off. Also she isn't "womanly" at all, she acts like a man way too much. A good strong feminine character was Ellen Ripley. Rey is what modern feminism sees as a strong female I guess. Good luck to the little girls (I assume Disney wanted to cater to girls with this?) trying to live up to such a perfect role model.

Yes I'm salty.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Ripley is a prime example. Perfect.

Rey? ah, no.

However, it's early days. Maybe she will turn out good.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

I would have preferred a male as the star instead of Rey. I have nothing at all against females, but still would have liked to see a male in the leading role, like Luke was in the earlier movies.

If only Rey was more Luke-like, I wouldn't care. But she's just so perfect at everything that it hurts. Classic Mary Sue syndrome and it really put me off. Also she isn't "womanly" at all, she acts like a man way too much. A good strong feminine character was Ellen Ripley. Rey is what modern feminism sees as a strong female I guess. Good luck to the little girls (I assume Disney wanted to cater to girls with this?) trying to live up to such a perfect role model.

Yes I'm salty.

You claim Rey isn't womanly enough but then use the butchiest woman as an example of a strong female protag? Umm ok sure

Oh and BTW Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter, you're welcome.
Last edited by TheWretch on Dec 27, 2015, 9:09:07 PM
"
Once I read it was Ewan's voice she heard during that scene, yep. Confirmed. She's a Kenobi, as suspected when I saw it and noted her British accent. Those aren't common in the SW universe unless you're an Imperial/First Order officer...

heheh yup, right on the money

How cool is it that she will be trained by Luke who was trained by her pop pop
"
TheWretch wrote:

You claim Rey isn't womanly enough but then use the butchiest woman as an example of a strong female protag? Umm ok sure

If you think Ripley is "butchy" what is this?

Ripley was written gender neutral and that's exactly why she works as a strong woman, while Rey is more a man played by a woman...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Ive no idea what youre on about? I think maybe 4chan is influencing your view of the world a little too much lol

No clue what film that butch you posted is a protag in?

So to you, this is a woman that is feminine

And yet this one is too masculine??

Why does a female have to be gender neutral exactly?

Again...OOoooook.
Last edited by TheWretch on Dec 28, 2015, 3:19:08 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
Ive no idea what youre on about?

I realized, I can't explain it better though. And yes, Ripley is much more feminine than Rey imo.

NSFW tbh

Spoiler
"
Xavderion wrote:
I'm salty.

Pretty much. :)

Good ole' partial out of context quote,great job. Hey look i can do it too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info