Star Wars- Spoiler Alert!

I was shocked to find that there wasn't already a Star Wars thread about what people thought of the movie, so I went ahead and made one.

As a warning, this thread will contain spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movie and want to, you probably shouldn't read this thread.

What did everyone think of the movie?

I really enjoyed it myself, and I'm engrossed in the new fan theories. I realize it was pretty close to episode 4 in plot, but I think that was a conscious decision (Star Wars as a whole is kind of cyclical, after all).

If you didn't like the movie, why didn't you? If you loved it, what did you like most? If you were indifferent, what were the best and worst parts for you?

Post what you thought of the movie and discuss your theories, thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc.
Even though I feel that the first 3 were Okay at best I'm still looking forward to watching the newest to see if it stands well on its own merit. I've heard good things but it's mostly from blind fanboys so I'm still a little skeptical.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Didnt like it that much. It's not terrible, but not good also.

The things I didint like is the very dumb plot, and its even worse as its reused dumb plot. Acting/characters are a mixed bag. The good guys are ok, except the eccentric fin that really doesnt act like a military person that was feed by propaganda all this years and tries to much to be comic relief for the movie.

The bigger problem are pretty much all the bad guys. The main bad guy, kylo ren is miscast for the role, and that young general that acts so much stiff also. They both look extremely inappropriate for the role they play.

The whole movie is to fast, with characters bonding with each other also to fast.

Music is the worst from all star wars trilogies.

Overall it feel like this movie was not needed really. But how it looks they will be milking the shit out of this, as every year now a new star wars movie will be coming out. Its a bland copy of original movie. At least the prequels tried something new, this one plays to much safe
Last edited by miljan on Dec 21, 2015, 4:45:19 PM
It's a mediocre remake of A New Hope. It's a nice audiovisual experience like you'd expect it when going to the cinema, but let's say I wouldn't buy the bluray version of it... 5/10
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I thought it was great. Very Star Wars-ie. I Even still have my midnight screening ticket in the back of my phone case cause I'm weird like that.

Spoiler
I was expecting one of the old cast to die in new films, I just didn't expect it to happen in the first one, or for it to be Han.. :'(

I'd definitely go see it again in the near future. Might watch the others again first though.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
"
miljan wrote:
Didnt like it that much. It's not terrible, but not good also.

The things I didint like is the very dumb plot, and its even worse as its reused dumb plot. Acting/characters are a mixed bag. The good guys are ok, except the eccentric fin that really doesnt act like a military person that was feed by propaganda all this years and tries to much to be comic relief for the movie.

The bigger problem are pretty much all the bad guys. The main bad guy, kylo ren is miscast for the role, and that young general that acts so much stiff also. They both look extremely inappropriate for the role they play.

The whole movie is to fast, with characters bonding with each other also to fast.

Music is the worst from all star wars trilogies.

Overall it feel like this movie was not needed really. But how it looks they will be milking the shit out of this, as every year now a new star wars movie will be coming out. Its a bland copy of original movie. At least the prequels tried something new, this one plays to much safe

Pretty much agree with this. Too bad the book trilogy by Timothy Zahn never made it to the cinemas, the writing is so much better. If you haven't read those, I highly recommend them.

Here's why the plot is so unoriginal...
Last edited by Lord_of_Error on Dec 21, 2015, 9:39:44 PM
I really enjoyed it. We don't go to many movies but made it out for this one, even waited in line. This was the last chance the Star Wars line had to redeem itself movie wise for me and I think they pulled it off.

They kept the "feel" of the Star Wars franchise without going overboard on making it completely overdone technology wise. So many remakes/sequels etc completely ruin what the original movies had going for them by digitally enhancing everything to lose the original feel and losing the whole point.

I think they did a great job.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

It was an OK to Good movie. I can understand why they would re-use "set-pieces" like the flying though the trench on the giant ball-like weapon, dodging the lasers and enemy fighters to get to that small-ish opening at the end.

I really didn't like the bad guys, though. :/
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
I was actually REALLY impressed with the daring move to make the bad guy a fucking fanboy, and the good 'guy' a headstrong young woman who doesn't like strangers holding her hand. Smart decision making that will have repercussions throughout VIII and IX for sure.

And yes, they had to update the classic tropes that Star Wars invented for a new generation of Star Wars. A lot of fans wanted to see those events with current special effects/virtual effects, and a lot of newer fans probably couldn't appreciate the originals due to ageing techniques.

All in all it was over-the-hills meets wannabes. This is a formula that rarely fails when it comes to updating. I mean, they didn't put Han in a fridge to survive a nuclear blast (but now I think about it, Ford's characters have a strange history of being put on ice to do just that)...

There updating tropes for a new generation and theres EXACTLY coping "a new hope" really it looks to me like they were going to re-do "a new hope" but backed away from it during the story board stage which would explain the total lack of any back story or plot motivation as it would already be know from the original.

Having said that it was 100% better than the prequels (but doesn't take much) but it didnt feel much of a star wars movie to me but just my opinion.

7/10 for the new generation 5/10 if you grew up with the originals.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
peachii wrote:
They kept the "feel" of the Star Wars franchise without going overboard on making it completely overdone technology wise. So many remakes/sequels etc completely ruin what the original movies had going for them by digitally enhancing everything to lose the original feel and losing the whole point.

I think they did a great job.

Love the old Trilogy & really had Fun with this one :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info