10 Aura Templar

Anyone think this is workable? Obviously primarily for party play or alternative as a summoner.

23 points can get "bare minimum" 20% aura reservation reduction. A 111 point build I threw together looks like THIS
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
It's possible, but you'll have next to no mana for your skills unless you plan on running Blood Magic support gem for most of them and even some of your auras which can be deadly. A friend of mine nearly killed himself using Blood Magic on one of his auras. Dropped his health down to 20% even while using Reduced Mana gem.

In order to counter this, place more points into Reduce Mana cost. Run most of your Percentage auras off your mana pool and use blood magic on the non-percentage based auras coupled with several quality Reduced Mana gems.
IGN: Chimonk
Last edited by metisou on Feb 20, 2013, 2:55:02 PM
I'm aware of the danger. Even running level 20 Cost Reduction (w/ Blood Magic 20) gems and with 20% reservation reduction nodes takes a minimum 1100 life to survive the auras. And you *have to eat a 30% aura to do it too.

That being said, super gimmicky but I thought it would be worth a try. Just wanted some tips on alternative survival options.

CI is out, but pumping ES+HP is not. Are there any realistic values that can be reached for HP/ES pumping them both to get a decent pool?

Edit: AFAIK the quality "cost reduction" doesn't apply to reservation, only the base reduction. Same for nodes in the tree. Oh and running 4 perfect auras hits 90% mana reservation, so its doable though not until high level. Just points I already have a handle on.
Last edited by Autocthon on Feb 20, 2013, 3:04:32 PM
If you are wealthy enough you could also try to buy a Prism guardian unique shield.
It gives 25% reduced mana reservation for gems in it and gems in it get Blood magic (without the mana modifier of the support gem ;))

(check the 'shields' spoiler in the unique item topic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Feb 20, 2013, 3:28:03 PM
You are correct about quality Reduced Mana. I was mistaken in thinking it worked for other auras that didn't have a % base mana reserve. Although, I do like Sony_Black's idea with using Prism Guardian. Blood Magic without the side effects. A capped Reduced Mana gem on top of reduced mana reservation nodes would probably reduce the cost quite a bit allowing you to run all 10 auras. This is where I would put my most taxing auras.

Also look into Energy Shield nodes under your your block chance nodes above. Energy Shield will ultimately become your life unless you have just have loads of health.

You might have a really big issue with Chaos Damage so your Chaos Resist would have to be capped at all times.
IGN: Chimonk
Last edited by metisou on Feb 20, 2013, 4:18:24 PM
Whats maximum slots on a shield? 3?

Man I need to get myself rich, then I can get that shield its so badass. I'll definitely look into it. I intend to stack a non-trivial amount of life to mix with HP Regen nodes to some degree (And run ZO if I still get a good amount of ES).

This is of course a long term project following my shaow, as I'm aware I will need a great deal of wealth to pull it off with any degree of fidelity. As long as my shadow works out I'll be able to farm reasonable levels of wealth.

Edit: If I'm going to commit I'll definitely combine that with an ephemeral edge. Triple damage auras plus haste will love the crit, and that ES as well as mana leech.
Last edited by Autocthon on Feb 20, 2013, 8:43:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info