[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Is this build still as decent with the recent nerf to The Consuming Dark from 75% to 50%?

It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
"
Ceincaled wrote:
Is this build still as decent with the recent nerf to The Consuming Dark from 75% to 50%?

Yup, you kill a boss in 3.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds. It's still very very powerful going either dual consuming dark or just one for the 75%. You only lose a bit of damage anyway.

http://goo.gl/FiZavf

http://www.sshme.eu/ZRiWV
Trying to decide which tree to go with on standard for a respec. I have a good six link mantle and legacy consuming dark, but really have never played an energy shield based character. Ideally I would like to build something to be able to run uber at some point. How much variation in damage is there for the curse overload vs power version?

As you can see most of the other gear I have is low based energy shield so I'd have to make improvements on it.

Spoiler
"
Ashrog wrote:
Hi i've been playing this build now for a few weeks and had a lucky hope drop this week so i want to try Uber in the coming week.

I changed a few things so i would like some feedback before i try.

-I went for the crit/power charge and VP version but i decided to drop the power charge part because the 10% chance on crit to get a power charge is not enough on atziri fights in my experience (i only get 1 or 2 charges in a typical boss fight). This gave me some extra points to put in energy shield nodes (i took the wheel between witch and shadow).

-I decided to keep going for crit (instead of the EO version) because of legacy surgeon flasks, they refill nice and fast.

-because i can spam mana flask continously i didnt need mana regen, so i could use a shavronnes revelation ring instead of doedres. But now i only have two curses (warlord and temporal chains). I want to have a +1 curse eye of chayula, but they are too expensive, and no luck so far in corrupting one myself.

My questions are: Would you recommend vaal pact or go back zealoths oath with my gear to try for Uber? Is shavronnes revelation worth it if it costs me the enfeeble curse? (i do get a chaos golem for it instead now). O and i'm levelling a few more firestorms to corrupt, hoping to get a level 21, but i think my dps at the moment should be fine.

I have 12,8 k energy shield an 5,4 K tooltip damage in hide out.

I can't really help you with this because I have not tested the variations you are describing. Imo you should just try everything for a bit and see which version you like the most.

Could you link your skill tree or set your profile to private? It's hard to evaluate without knowing your ascendancy tree etc.

"
Ceincaled wrote:

-> Gear section.

Seriously, it feels miseralbe explaining everything in detail in the guide and still being asked the same questions over and over and over again...

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Trying to decide which tree to go with on standard for a respec. I have a good six link mantle and legacy consuming dark, but really have never played an energy shield based character. Ideally I would like to build something to be able to run uber at some point. How much variation in damage is there for the curse overload vs power version?

As you can see most of the other gear I have is low based energy shield so I'd have to make improvements on it.

Spoiler

With my curent Curse Overlord I have a bit more than 6k tooltip fully buffed. I think well geared Full Power verions can get 8 to 10k tooltips (can someone confirm that please?).
However the damage does not really matter since everything including the toughest bosses just melts like hot butter, even with 'just' 6k tt.

You will definitely need better rare gear. Aim for 150 es for gloves and boots, and about 300 for helmet and shield. You should be able to get solid pieces for under 10c I think.
You could also check if you have the uniques Rainbowstride, Auxium, Rathpith Globe, Vertex or Voidbringers in your stash somewhere. Do not use AA if you decide to wear Voidbringers and make the rare glove upgrade number one priority.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Apr 16, 2016, 6:50:34 PM

"
I think well geared Full Power verions can get 8 to 10k tooltips (can someone confirm that please?).

Yes, I can confirm that, 7 pc charges up (too lazy to respec bandit), not using a facebreaker, and using Atizir's Promise, I got 9k easy. With a pair of facebreaker, better gear and a bit more crit multi on the passive, 12k is pretty easy to hit.

This is crazy since back in the day of good ole "fire" firestorm, 4k was considered a very very good benckmark
http://goo.gl/FiZavf

http://www.sshme.eu/ZRiWV
"
Legasi wrote:
"
Ashrog wrote:
Hi i've been playing this build now for a few weeks and had a lucky hope drop this week so i want to try Uber in the coming week.

I changed a few things so i would like some feedback before i try.

-I went for the crit/power charge and VP version but i decided to drop the power charge part because the 10% chance on crit to get a power charge is not enough on atziri fights in my experience (i only get 1 or 2 charges in a typical boss fight). This gave me some extra points to put in energy shield nodes (i took the wheel between witch and shadow).

-I decided to keep going for crit (instead of the EO version) because of legacy surgeon flasks, they refill nice and fast.

-because i can spam mana flask continously i didnt need mana regen, so i could use a shavronnes revelation ring instead of doedres. But now i only have two curses (warlord and temporal chains). I want to have a +1 curse eye of chayula, but they are too expensive, and no luck so far in corrupting one myself.

My questions are: Would you recommend vaal pact or go back zealoths oath with my gear to try for Uber? Is shavronnes revelation worth it if it costs me the enfeeble curse? (i do get a chaos golem for it instead now). O and i'm levelling a few more firestorms to corrupt, hoping to get a level 21, but i think my dps at the moment should be fine.

I have 12,8 k energy shield an 5,4 K tooltip damage in hide out.

I can't really help you with this because I have not tested the variations you are describing. Imo you should just try everything for a bit and see which version you like the most.

Could you link your skill tree or set your profile to private? It's hard to evaluate without knowing your ascendancy tree etc.

"
Ceincaled wrote:

-> Gear section.

Seriously, it feels miseralbe explaining everything in detail in the guide and still being asked the same questions over and over and over again...

"
stephenp1983 wrote:

Spoiler

With my curent Curse Overlord I have a bit more than 6k tooltip fully buffed. I think well geared Full Power verions can get 8 to 10k tooltips (can someone confirm that please?).
However the damage does not really matter since everything including the toughest bosses just melts like hot butter, even with 'just' 6k tt.

You will definitely need better rare gear. Aim for 150 es for gloves and boots, and about 300 for helmet and shield. You should be able to get solid pieces for under 10c I think.
You could also check if you have the uniques Rainbowstride, Auxium, Rathpith Globe, Vertex or Voidbringers in your stash somewhere. Do not use AA if you decide to wear Voidbringers and make the rare glove upgrade number one priority.

I do have a pair of rainbowstrides so I'll use those until I upgrade. For the power version how much crit chance do you guys have before power charges? Thanks for the reply and the very detail build looking forward to trying it.
"

My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBUIHHg18DkgPqxB7EQ8RLREvEVARlhV-FdcbJRzcHU8dviL0JIso-ilPKgsqOCsKLJwsvzLRM4c1uTsNPAU9X0GWQnpFR0kTSVFJsUuuTLNSU1KvVmNXlFfJXEBca13yX2pknWf8bAttGW1scFJ1nnpwfIN88H_GgpuCx4RIhq6Hy4nTieCMNox2jxqP-pEHkx-TJ5Uul5WX9Jo7njyf36Evpyunm6yYrrO1SLiTu027_L46vorAZsM6w23PFdAf0NDQ9dWm18_ZW9sa3V_fit-w5ljndOkC62Pr7uv17BjtPO9874jv6_DV8h331_k3

I got malediction and wicked ward for ascendancy.

I have been trying out different variations and I think this is the one I like best so far. Would be better with the extra curse and the level 21 firestorm ofcourse :D
"
Ashrog wrote:
"

My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBUIHHg18DkgPqxB7EQ8RLREvEVARlhV-FdcbJRzcHU8dviL0JIso-ilPKgsqOCsKLJwsvzLRM4c1uTsNPAU9X0GWQnpFR0kTSVFJsUuuTLNSU1KvVmNXlFfJXEBca13yX2pknWf8bAttGW1scFJ1nnpwfIN88H_GgpuCx4RIhq6Hy4nTieCMNox2jxqP-pEHkx-TJ5Uul5WX9Jo7njyf36Evpyunm6yYrrO1SLiTu027_L46vorAZsM6w23PFdAf0NDQ9dWm18_ZW9sa3V_fit-w5ljndOkC62Pr7uv17BjtPO9874jv6_DV8h331_k3

I got malediction and wicked ward for ascendancy.

I have been trying out different variations and I think this is the one I like best so far. Would be better with the extra curse and the level 21 firestorm ofcourse :D

This is very similar to the 2.1 version of this build (crit but no pc). And I can tell Elemental Overload gives the same damage buff as those 11 crit nodes for just 2 skillpoints...

I also optimized your tree a bit: Link

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158

Hey Legasi...

This build of yours is better than ever.

I re-installed it on my witch last night and gave it a run up to Atziri this morning.

It seems smoother now and kills very efficiently indeed. The Queen was easy.

I'm using the curse version this time, last time I ran the crit version.

The build is deceptively powerful. My TT DPS was only around 2.3 and with conc. effect 3.7 in HO.

I know it can scale much higher, but wanted to see how it went in untweaked format.

Very impressive.

Thank you for continuing to develop the build. I really enjoy playing it.

R.

"
This is very similar to the 2.1 version of this build (crit but no pc). And I can tell Elemental Overload gives the same damage buff as those 11 crit nodes for just 2 skillpoints...

I also optimized your tree a bit: Link

Thanks for the optimized tree! i only lost about 250 es to gain my third curse, absolutely worth it. Just did a Palace and a Colosseum run (first time this high level maps for me) and it went nice and smooth :D

I chose not to go Elemental Overload so i can refill surgeon flasks fast, but i am beginning to doubt if that is really worth it tbh. The only one that is really important now is the mana flask because i dont have mana regen.

Well anyway, I'm ready to give Uber a try now, just waiting untill the damn 'failed to connect to instance' problem is solved. Dont wanna waste portals on that. Ill report back on my result :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info