Two new screenshots!

"
Jurge wrote:
Looks great, i like the fact that you can target a specific monster with the red outline.
+1
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Just by the looking at these pictures I want to feel the atmosphere and play the game like no other game made me feel in such early stages. The looks, the monsters, the animations, the inventory, the drawing, everything looks so appealing. Gahh.
What's the item in the lower right corner of the inventory in the first screenshot?

The ground looks so much better now than it did in these early screenshots. The addition of the random grasses makes it look a lot more real. It could use some more 3D ground cover though like ferns and reeds. For being out in the wild, the vegetation is pretty sparse. It's good to see the game improving from week to week though.

One thing that has been bothering me though is that on these swamp trees there are a number of places where the polygon edges are sharp and noticeable. The texture is unnaturally stretched in some areas too.
Forum Sheriff
"
What's the item in the lower right corner of the inventory in the first screenshot?

My guess would be some kind of shield or helm, looks like its made of 3 bones tied together in a triangle, gruesome. *like*
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
"
tormenta wrote:

I thought it may be a slingshot too at first. I'm not sure though.
Forum Sheriff
"
Zephyroth wrote:
"

My guess would be some kind of shield or helm, looks like its made of 3 bones tied together in a triangle, gruesome. *like*

It's a "Wood Focus", a low level type of Intelligence shield. It grants energy shield.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
That's an interesting idea. Do all the intelligence shields follow a similar trend?

By the way. Thanks for answering our questions. It's always nice when the developers interact with the community.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
That's an interesting idea. Do all the intelligence shields follow a similar trend?

By the way. Thanks for answering our questions. It's always nice when the developers interact with the community.

Not a problem - though we're faced with a situation where we can't talk about things we haven't announced, and the community is really good at helping with answers to things we have announced :)

I think I have explained how armour pieces work elsewhere, but yes, all the Intelligence shields grant energy shield. The hybrids like Strength/Intelligence shields grant less energy shield, but some amount of the other damage mitigation stats (in this case with Strength, physical damage reduction).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Will there be sockets on those Focus/Shield type items?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info