Two new screenshots!

I added a couple of new screenhots showing the inventory and the current monster hover outline:

http://www.pathofexile.com/gallery/#/preview/i33

http://www.pathofexile.com/gallery/#/preview/i32
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 17, 2013, 6:07:00 AM
Looks great, i like the fact that you can target a specific monster with the red outline.
I really like the inventory screen. It's nice and big so you get a good sense of how cool all of the items look. Also, I much prefer the grid style inventory to the one item per square thing. Plus....no pants.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
Screenshots look great and improvement to inventory screen is really nice.

But Chris, that red outline is too thick and too shiny. I think it has no place in a realistic 3D ARPG.

You could go with D2 and TQ style. It would be more than enough for PoE. Monster highlight is a good way for targeting.

Still if you don't want to go that route, then the red outline should be tweaked. It shouldn't look 2D and so shiny. It's also too thick.

I mean there must be a way for targeting monsters easily without sabotaging PoE's wonderful look.

He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
gotta agree it sticks out really bad. i guess the point is to stick out but like perm said what we had in D2 and TQ was more than enough. did anyone actually have trouble knowing who they were targeting in those games?
agreeing with perm and Apoc, red outline seems a bit much. Had no trouble in D2 with figuring out who I'm targeting. But so glad to see screenshots! Images of gear look cool. The game's dark, moody feel can really be seen with the earthtones. Loving the look of the bright red blood on the muddy earth. One question... what is the 2x2 triangle looking thing on the bottom right of the inventory?
The path of exile holds him, not at all twisted gold, a frozen spirit, not the bounty of the earth.
The inventory screen on first glance made me think I was looking at a D2 screenshot.

The red outline does stick out in the screenshot but I think I'd have to see more of it in a video before making a decision.
How big are those potion bottles when inside the inventory's grid?

Looks nice, btw.
"
senescal wrote:
How big are those potion bottles when inside the inventory's grid?

Looks nice, btw.

looks like 1x2
Nice iventory!!!

Also, I hope it exist an option that let you toggle OFF the red outline :p
IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info