I need help.. Nearly Dieing to everything in Merciless

Here is my build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecEswUtEuEUIBRNGS4ZhRo4GlUjTSSqJ-026DbpOtg64UA2QT9EckZpTdhQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXz9gS2EhZKNmnmz2cql07XgNeu982YFvguSExITviPGMdozPkFWRzp48ns2iAKZXpzCnhKlurKquk7QvtPm18rndwBrG2NIh1I_ZYeLq42rnUuw47w7wH_Iv8932SPe--tI=

My gear has lots of resists.. nearly capped in merciless with around -10% chaos.. I cant really kill anything, or last long at all.. Suggestions
Hi there,

It could be a variety of reasons beyond Health and Resistance.

1. Do you have adequate "Life Steal/Regen" or Life Leech

2. Do you have any Summons to tank or rather to distract for you i.e "Summon Skeletons or Raise Zombies"

3. Your total "Armor" value could be low even though you have high resists which means you would still take a lot of damage from Physical Sources

Your build looks interesting what are you trying to ultimately become?

hope this helps you to find your way.

"The question I must ask is, not what I can gain but what can I do."
Your passive tree doesn't look too bad.

I'm guessing that you're playing some kind of sword+board character. Maybe with Ground Slam?

Like the poster above said, with those endurance charges and all the life + resists, you shouldn't be struggling too badly with content unless you're not using LGoH or have like no armor at all.

The only other possible reasons I can think of are a) that you are, in fact, using LGoH and/or LL but your attack/weapon speed is too slow to outheal the damage intake, b) you're having mana problems and can't proc LGoH consistently enough (might want to consider Blood Magic), c) you're getting stunlocked when blocking many mobs at once (not sure if block recovery is treated as normal stun, but picking up Unwavering Stance might help), d) you/your gems are underleveled for the area you're trying to tackle.

As a final note, the current state of the game is pretty unforgiving with melee in general.

Might want to detail what gems you're using with what supports.

Hope it helps.
Last edited by dndallasta on Feb 16, 2013, 2:17:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info