[2.1] The Dredger - Heavy Strike + Empire's Grasp Combo - Megatank Atziri Farmer

Hey guys,

I've been playing Duelist for a while now, since Wings of entropy + BoR was popular, and it's easily my favorite class. I've evolved this build over time and with the recent buffs to melee splash think it's a very fun and late game viable build. An earlier (and worse) version of this build has soloed atziri many times and i plan to upload footage of this build doing the same.

This build shines in both solo and group play. Ranged allies will love the utility you provide by when you leap into battle and pull all enemies onto yourself. It's the ideal tank/bruiser build that can dole out some serious dps.

I'd like to present, The Dredger.

Some highlighted stats:

4.8k+ life, 7.5k+ armour, 32k AoE dps and 39k single target dps (without leveled gems), 76/80/75 resistances, 75/55 block chance, no more than a 4 link required, reverse knock back (incredible utility) heavy striker

Gear
Spoiler

Level 87 Tree

The build concept
Spoiler
Heavy strike; a powerful single-target melee physical attack gem that provides 100% knockback. Normally, this knockback can be tedious as you end up chasing your target around the map as you attack. With the release of 2.0, we received Emperor's Grasp gloves, which reverse knockback direction globally. In 2.1, Melee splash received a massive damage buff, the final piece needed to make this build viable.

The play style is very fast: leap strike into a mob -> attack in place -> suck all enemies to you -> enemies die -> repeat.

The build utilizes some core uniques...
Spoiler

The Bringer of Rain: Our pseudo 7-link
*Note:
Spoiler
In my version of the build, i use a double-legacy BoR. Any BoR will work for the build but obviously double-legacy > single-legacy > current. You could also go with a rare res/lifer helm + a belly of the beast. If you're feeling dangerous, you could elect to run an abyssus with a lightning coil + Purity of lightning, but we're a non-crit build so it's not the most attractive choice.

Soul Taker: Allows us to reserve 100% of our mana and still use our skill without blood magic
Aegis Aurora : High block chance shield which gives us "4% of our armour back as ES" on block
Empire's Grasp: Reverses knockback direction, essential for the build to function.
Stone of Lazhwar + Rainbowstride boots: These are necessary to apply our maxed physical block chance to spells.

Gems
Spoiler

BoR -> Heavy Strike - Multistrike - Added Fire - Melee Splash (WED for single target dps)

Gloves -> CWDT - Inc duration - Immortal call - Tempest Shield
*Note
Spoiler
since tempest shield is in Empire's Grasp, the arc it lets out knocks enemies closer to you. This is especially nice when applied to ranged enemies.

Boots -> Reckoning - Riposte - Curse on hit - Enfeeble

Soul Taker -> Leap strike - Faster attacks - Fortify

Aegis -> Hatred - Grace - Portal

Gameplay videos
Spoiler
Malformation map quick showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpHnNHARR0E

Major Ascendancy buffs to come
Spoiler
This build will become incredibly strong when 2.2 ascendancy is released, as we can spec into the gladiator subclass and take the node "100% of block chance applied to spells". This would allow us to drop rainbow strides for rare resi/lifer boots that would push us over the 5K life mark and Stone of Lazhwar for The Anvil to achieve 78/78 block chance with minimal effort.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Dec 19, 2015, 7:51:36 PM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2016, 6:33:39 AM
[reserved]
[reserved]
nice build man, i would like to see a video in atziri map
and do you think it could be viable with a scion?
would like to test this in talisman, possible without soultaker? the new mana leech nodes are really strong.
can i buy empire's grasp in standard? how much does it cost?

also, are there any advantages this build has over this build: [2.1]1H+Aegis IceCrash/Inf.Blow/StaticStrike Max Block&Spell Block Tank, Atziri Killer+a BoR version

??

I love playing unkillable and super super tanks. which one is tankier and more unkillable?

also, what are the bandits?
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 17, 2015, 11:59:51 PM
"
nice build man, i would like to see a video in atziri map
and do you think it could be viable with a scion?

Hey thanks man, and yes the build can easily be done with a scion, just a little less efficient starting nodes. It can also be done with a marauder with equal power to the duelist.

"
shukolade wrote:
would like to test this in talisman, possible without soultaker? the new mana leech nodes are really strong.

Absolutely possible. I seriously considered it myself, but this was built in standard as a proof of concept and i had access to a soul taker, so i said why not :) If you do this, could you please post your findings in this thread? that would be much appreciated.

"
sighlight wrote:

also, are there any advantages this build has over this build: [2.1]1H+Aegis IceCrash/Inf.Blow/StaticStrike Max Block&Spell Block Tank, Atziri Killer+a BoR version

??

I love playing unkillable and super super tanks. which one is tankier and more unkillable?

also, what are the bandits?

Yes, you can buy all these items in standard. use this website to find people to trade with!
http://poe.trade/
this link will bring you to all the empire's grasps available http://poe.trade/search/omeyuohakakohu looks like the price is 1-2ex
To answer your question about my build vs that other build, they are extremely similar, both with the same concept in mine. Mine focuses more on empire's grasp and utility provided from heavy strike pulling all enemies to you. His is more a general Aegis max block build (which mine is as well).
Last edited by lDantonl on Dec 18, 2015, 10:24:59 AM
Waiting for a video before I invest all my Talisman currency :o
"
shukolade wrote:
Waiting for a video before I invest all my Talisman currency :o

I'm currently at work so i cannot record a video until Saturday. Sorry for the wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info