Arc templar build need help

ok so this is the build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgtikBRDEzM im useing

i have made it to 58 with 20 odd deaths feel little disappointed but oh well
ok my problem is i dont knw what kind of gear to use in his build it does not say.

as you can see my gear is pretty bad my res are all - %

so im in need help asap please
Is this ur first Char?
U need to reach the resistance cap and more life and ur head and gloves are terible, just white, use an orb of alchemy.
Maybe u should what some streams and video for beginner guides.
So the stats u are looking for are life, resi, lightning damage NO CRIT, and armor.
If u want we can play together im just49 but playing the same build atm andi know Ziggy's builds so maybe can help u
Ok, I'm doing a similar build (Not quite the same but close enough)
Don't worry too much about the deaths, I've died a few times due to carelessness, and just zerging act 4 bosses.
What is your tooltip damage? I'm guessing it's not great at the moment.

Gearwise,
You might find things easier with a wand/sceptre + shield for now. Eventually you might want to dual wield, but shield makes getting life + resists easier, and you can get spell damage shields. Plus you get a bit of block.

Weapon wise, flat lightning damage to spells is great for arc,especially at lower levels. Will give a lot more dps than a damage roll at this stage.

On the res of your gear, yeah - get rid of the white gear. If vendors are selling 4 links (Or you get some as quest rewards) use an alc on them. All you need is life and a resist. If you get a half decent one you can then mastercraft it if needed and it will last you a while.

Entropy grasp ring is quite nice, but the other one is doing nothing for you, look for a new one.

Belt is doing nothing either, get one with life and at least one resist.

Amulet - cast speed, spell damage and a bit of regen is ok, but at the moment you are better off with some life and stats.

Gems wise - don't use iron will yet. You can't have enough strength to make it worthwhile. Use lightning penetration instead. Won't affect your tooltip, but is by far the most important support.
I wouldn't use iron will until at least a 5 link and at least 400 strength (even then added lightning is likely to be better)

I'm running the same build, love it, and have only died twice, once with act 4 Piety, 'cause I have trouble running circles around her, and Daresso got a good shot on me. The gear you're looking for is the chainmail type that has str and int hopefully some energy shield as well, but most importantly elemental resists. I also started a CWDT/immortal call/increased duration/enfeeble set=up as soon as I hit Cruel. I leveled with flame totem and searing bond, dropped the searing bond in Cruel as I didn't need it anymore, but sticking with flame totem until I feel safe without it. Good luck Exile!!
hey sorry i took fre days break i have 3700 life with 5600 damage buffed up

i upgraded my gear to this

dont like my 5 link to much
i bought gear few days ago and cost me alot like 9c all togather. so im pretty poor at the moment. but havnt died so thats good.
Im doing this build, lvl 74 at the time and i think that i want a Pledge of Hands (Spell echo lvl 30) or this one http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Agnerod_South that i dont know how to get.

Look

This Wand also could work

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doon_Cuebiyari
Last edited by LegendACB on Dec 17, 2015, 2:44:32 PM
Instead of the spell totem with arc you can just use a flame totem and or searing bond.

you can also get rid of your offhand wand since it doesn't add anything to your build and use a AR/ES shield or just get a +1 or +2 to fire gems and use flame totem. Using a shield is a good way to make up for the lack of armor in your gear setup to not get one shot. for a chaos or 2 it should be easy to find a replacement wand if you want to dual wielded wands with around 60% spell damage.

you can also use Flame dash as a movement skill without any links since there isn't much of a delay. you can just put fasting casting on flame dash to reduce the lag between use.

For your CWDT you can also add immortal call and/or frost wall,

you can also use a flame golem for extra damage or a chaos golem or more physical mitigation.

my current gear.( I found that mace didn't buy it, same with gloves)

Spoiler
thanks for the feed back i just hit level 70 i upgraded some gear

not best shield got it for life mainly. when get more chaos ill look for something better.

doing around 7.5k damage now

Last edited by moneypants on Dec 17, 2015, 11:25:15 PM
I've started a thread on my build at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1524978 might want to have a look at mine, I'm no expert but I'ma doing ok, and hitting about 18k dps with my auras up, and 4.5k life.
If you are in talisman league I can give you one/both my old wands, not amazing but probably better than you are using right now.
Can't have this baby though...

Last edited by Carlovski on Dec 20, 2015, 9:21:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info