[3.0] THEORY Ele Blade Flurry. 6-13 mil VS Shaper, 6667 life

"
Obsyd7 wrote:
What was your setup in the flicker striker map clear video? I tried to make it work but im short on frenzy charges quite often (at least on +t13/14 maps).

Also, would you say this character is shaper-ready? Character's name - PotatoeReave:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Obsyd7/characters

I have already killed 3 of 4 guardians, still missing phoenix (dont have currency to buy the map so far ;d)

Since this is my first league i still have problems with measuring how much my character can or cant do ;p

Hey

I swapped the gem slots in shield and boots so swapping weapons would disable Blood rage, but not golem and totem.

Flicker is ok with this set up, though I'm mainly using it to smash my way through t11-14 so I can get a decent t14-15 map pool.

we have a 40% chance to generate charges from trickster ascendancy and BR. This is usually enough, however whenever I see a tough mob, I pop all 5 flasks to ensure I have as much average damage per hit as possible. Phys to lightning gives more damage than added crit multi, though it opens us up to 2 forms of reflect and reduces total phys leech.

I don't even bother with frenzy. I just use whirling blades to get in and out while waiting for flicker if I don't have any charges.

The trick for bosses is to ensure we kill the closest pack as close to the arena as possible. This should allow us to enter the arena with 4 charges ready which is enough for most bosses <T15. We need totem to ensure maximum damage.

your profile is set to private so i cannot see your characters
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Oct 27, 2016, 8:51:20 AM
I think you should be able to check my character now :) thanks in advnace :)

I will try to buy some cheap chest to get the fourth red socket for melee splash and will run BL. I tried to avoid it by trying out poacher's but it didnt work that weell, maybe swapping will make the degen from BL bearable :)
"
Obsyd7 wrote:
What was your setup in the flicker striker map clear video? I tried to make it work but im short on frenzy charges quite often (at least on +t13/14 maps).

Also, would you say this character is shaper-ready? Character's name - PotatoeReave:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Obsyd7/characters

I have already killed 3 of 4 guardians, still missing phoenix (dont have currency to buy the map so far ;d)

Since this is my first league i still have problems with measuring how much my character can or cant do ;p

Hey mate

You're at a really great place to start from!

Couple of minor things:

- Get faster attacks in with that whirling blades. I know you're probably just leveling it in there though place it in your secondary weapons. Bino's has no faster attack speed% affix, so we really do need the extra speed.
- I don't know why i never put golem and totem in boots (or helm for you) but having it there means swapping weapons doesn't disable them. I suggest doing the same as it's a huge time saver. If you follow my colors then you can Put Blood Rage in a weapon/shield slot so swapping disables it.
- Blood rage generates 5% less charges than poacher's mark. Poacher's also gives flask charges and mana on hit. It also doesn't cause degen lol, though it doesn't have the leech and we need to forfeit Warlord's in favor of it. It's up to you.
- You NEED to get a Rumi's or a taste of hate. I would recommend getting taste of hate first as it's basically 24.3% less physical damage taken and 30% more phys damage while using it! Drop Freeze flask and pick it back up when you know you're about to face a freeze boss. Not having a freeze gem flask is 100% of the reason I use counterattack gems instead of vaal discipline and vaal haste.
- Look forward to getting phys damage on your rings and amulet. Getting a solid roll on all 3 will see anywhere from 10% more to 30% more damage.

You will die a few times in your first shaper fight. Just learn his moves from youtube or whatever, then be careful. You will be able to kill him though =)
Last edited by hmcg020 on Oct 27, 2016, 5:03:35 PM
Thanks for the tips!
- I got the gems setup as you recommended
- I also got the faster attacks with whirling blades.
- I will stay with flickering on t10-t11 maps for now. I tried doing this on higher maps but it was quite dangerous. I died couple of times when i poped all my flasks and totem and the mobs were still to tanky and i ended up in the middle of a bigger pack and, well, died (degen from BL+ their hits is almost instant death;p).
- I do have rumi's but im not using it. I need flask for bleeds and freezes as i was dying a lot during maps clreaing to those effects. Doedre's is must have for charges. Should i get rid of Atziri's promise then and use Rumi's instead? Thats going to cost me some damage though and i already feel like its not the best dmg since i dont have faster attacks in my reave set up. Right now im at 93k dps in h/o with inscreased arena and 147k with conc effect ;p
- Was wondering what should be my next item, will go for the ring and amulet then :)

Before i attempt shaper i want to get maybe a 2-3 more lvls, get some jewel with attack speed and phys. Will let you know how it went when i try it ;d

Thanks again for the help :)
Last edited by Obsyd7 on Oct 28, 2016, 6:51:12 AM
"
Obsyd7 wrote:
Thanks for the tips!
- I got the gems setup as you recommended
- I also got the faster attacks with whirling blades.
- I will stay with flickering on t10-t11 maps for now. I tried doing this on higher maps but it was quite dangerous. I died couple of times when i poped all my flasks and totem and the mobs were still to tanky and i ended up in the middle of a bigger pack and, well, died (degen from BL+ their hits is almost instant death;p).
- I do have rumi's but im not using it. I need flask for bleeds and freezes as i was dying a lot during maps clreaing to those effects. Doedre's is must have for charges. Should i get rid of Atziri's promise then and use Rumi's instead? Thats going to cost me some damage though and i already feel like its not the best dmg since i dont have faster attacks in my reave set up. Right now im at 93k dps in h/o with inscreased arena and 147k with conc effect ;p
- Was wondering what should be my next item, will go for the ring and amulet then :)

Before i attempt shaper i want to get maybe a 2-3 more lvls, get some jewel with attack speed and phys. Will let you know how it went when i try it ;d

Thanks again for the help :)

Atziri's promise is a must have flask. I wouldn't swap it for anything.
- I would strongly suggest dropping the freeze flask for a taste of hate. You can always swap in the freeze flask when your know you're about to face a freeze boss. The extra 6% cold res means less cold damage & less freeze time. Trigger gems do more damage than reave so we don't need to worry about not having enough defensive damage while frozen. Just ensure you pop all flasks while frozen and you will be fine 90% of the time.
- I think you're confusing BloodLust (BL) with Bloodrage (BR). Easy mistake =)
- Doerdre's flask is awesome, though I would highly recommend getting all 3 counterattack gems linked to Power Charge On critical as they will generate power charges much more successfully. This means you can use Rumi's instead of Doedre's and with increased block chance, comes increased chance of triggering the 2 On-Block counterattack gems. I absolutely guarantee you will love the fact you don't have to put any effort into generating them and don't have to worry about freeze (except for on bosses).

For jewels:
- Life Leech from physical damage is the most important affix. Staying alive is more important than an extra 5% more damage.
- You will need that unique jewel to get that 40% increased Energy Shield cluster.

Certain affixes have a more beneficial effect than others.
For example - Increased Physical damage vs Increased Physical damage with Melee Weapons.

We want
- LEECH
- Phys
- Any form of Crit
- Any form of multi
- Viridian jewels have the 8% attack speed affix for daggers, though they cannot have pays leech. This means we cap out at a 5% att speed bonus on crimson jewels. This is fine.

You may need to get resistances or strength on your jewels. As long as they have leech, this is ok!

Thanks again for trying my build =)
I understand that ToH is recommended but i cant afford it for now, the moment i have it i will swap it with my freezz immunity flask.

If i use flicker and everything dies so quickly + cant hit me since its also movement skill, will the setup with power charge on crit work? Im very short on currency and dont want to play with socket and colours if i dont have to :)

I played with flicker some more and after getting used to it i actually find it amazing for maps clearing, even those t12-t15. Although i keep my chest with reave in inventory and swamp it for bosses that i know i cant kill with flicker or if i lose frenzy charges before i get to the boss. So thanks for helping me out with this one, it will really make my farming much faster :)

Yeah i meant BR all the time ;p dont know why i was typing "l" instead of "r" ;p

As for life leech, i tried to get it everywhere i could - jewels, rings, amulet etc. and will continue to stack it as much as possible.

"You will need that unique jewel to get that 40% increased Energy Shield cluster." - im not sure what do you mean by this? Can you elaborate please?

As for strenght and resists on jewels - yeah i had to get one jewel with strenght:< Although, i dont know if i should force overcapping my resists for ele weakness map with jewels? My resist in h/o are as follow : 168%, 158%, 161%.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Is this build viable for hardcore at all? Your tree is quite...greedy with the damage, which is awesome!...but I'd be pretty worried rolling this in EHC. Anyone tried it? What changes did you come up with for success? :-)

Hey mate

In order for this build to be HC viable, we would need to completely re-shape it.
- I would drop abyssus and use a CoE or a Rat's nest. Maybe even a Heretic's Veil could be awesome for obvious reasons. This would immediately give us 40% more res to all phys damage.
- I would probably sub out Maligaro's for high-es gloves that have attack speed and phys damage.
- We want to keep skyforth

I can see this build reaching 15k es quite comfortably, though It would drop to about 300k dps. As it stands now, I only die to reflect and insane 1 hits like shaper slam for example. We could definitely get super-tank and still deal moderate damage for HC.

Essence is amazing because you can basically use 1 essence and get at least 1-3 good guaranteed mods.

For standard, clear-speed is king and the only time im worried is when I can't generate endurance charges. For hardcore, stressed-out kiting is required unless you dip heavily in favor of defense over offense. Unless you're going BV =)

Thanks so much for the response! :-) That sounds good to me! I'm very excited to give this a whirl!
"
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Is this build viable for hardcore at all? Your tree is quite...greedy with the damage, which is awesome!...but I'd be pretty worried rolling this in EHC. Anyone tried it? What changes did you come up with for success? :-)

Hey mate

In order for this build to be HC viable, we would need to completely re-shape it.
- I would drop abyssus and use a CoE or a Rat's nest. Maybe even a Heretic's Veil could be awesome for obvious reasons. This would immediately give us 40% more res to all phys damage.
- I would probably sub out Maligaro's for high-es gloves that have attack speed and phys damage.
- We want to keep skyforth

I can see this build reaching 15k es quite comfortably, though It would drop to about 300k dps. As it stands now, I only die to reflect and insane 1 hits like shaper slam for example. We could definitely get super-tank and still deal moderate damage for HC.

Essence is amazing because you can basically use 1 essence and get at least 1-3 good guaranteed mods.

For standard, clear-speed is king and the only time im worried is when I can't generate endurance charges. For hardcore, stressed-out kiting is required unless you dip heavily in favor of defense over offense. Unless you're going BV =)

Thanks so much for the response! :-) That sounds good to me! I'm very excited to give this a whirl!

You're more than welcome =)
"
Obsyd7 wrote:
I understand that ToH is recommended but i cant afford it for now, the moment i have it i will swap it with my freezz immunity flask.

If i use flicker and everything dies so quickly + cant hit me since its also movement skill, will the setup with power charge on crit work? Im very short on currency and dont want to play with socket and colours if i dont have to :)

I played with flicker some more and after getting used to it i actually find it amazing for maps clearing, even those t12-t15. Although i keep my chest with reave in inventory and swamp it for bosses that i know i cant kill with flicker or if i lose frenzy charges before i get to the boss. So thanks for helping me out with this one, it will really make my farming much faster :)

Yeah i meant BR all the time ;p dont know why i was typing "l" instead of "r" ;p

As for life leech, i tried to get it everywhere i could - jewels, rings, amulet etc. and will continue to stack it as much as possible.

"You will need that unique jewel to get that 40% increased Energy Shield cluster." - im not sure what do you mean by this? Can you elaborate please?

As for strenght and resists on jewels - yeah i had to get one jewel with strenght:< Although, i dont know if i should force overcapping my resists for ele weakness map with jewels? My resist in h/o are as follow : 168%, 158%, 161%.

Energy from within is the Unique jewel I was talking about. It's a must-have in this build. Look at my level 96 skill tree for clarification.

You do get hit! Flicker is insane no doubt, but reflect, packs, etc, hit you and from that, you counter attack. This is something you should absolutely try out. It's ridiculously amazing.

Perhaps wait until you can afford the cheapest ToH then try it. I can donate a couple of hundred chromatic if you need.

I love using flicker for clearing, but there's something amazing about reave for me. Reave with the blood effect micro transaction is balls-deep is awesomeness.

I have 86/76/93 resists. I honestly don't care about negative max. I play 180% quantity t16 maps and still destroy guardians. I think overcapping is smart for you though, until you get massive ES like all tricksters get!

This is a playlist I love playing to sometimes =)

"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Obsyd7 wrote:

Energy from within is the Unique jewel I was talking about. It's a must-have in this build. Look at my level 96 skill tree for clarification.

You do get hit! Flicker is insane no doubt, but reflect, packs, etc, hit you and from that, you counter attack. This is something you should absolutely try out. It's ridiculously amazing.

Perhaps wait until you can afford the cheapest ToH then try it. I can donate a couple of hundred chromatic if you need.

I love using flicker for clearing, but there's something amazing about reave for me. Reave with the blood effect micro transaction is balls-deep is awesomeness.

I have 86/76/93 resists. I honestly don't care about negative max. I play 180% quantity t16 maps and still destroy guardians. I think overcapping is smart for you though, until you get massive ES like all tricksters get!

This is a playlist I love playing to sometimes =)

Yeah reave is amazing on certain maps where its easier to sustain the 8 stack ;p As for energy From within - i do have it already :)

There is no need for donating me anything :) im slowly getting there ;p i will get the ToH soon :)

Its good to know that there is no need to be overcapped :)

And thanks for the playlist, will try it out today ;p

EDIT:

So i should change my cast when damage taken with immortal call for power charge on crit with vengence, riposte and reckoning?
Last edited by Obsyd7 on Oct 29, 2016, 12:29:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info