[2.1] Making builds for everyone! Come and check it out!

"
dommomo wrote:
Wanting to play a self cast sparker using MoM but without the 'compulsory' EB/ZO/GR. Playing HC so want as much survivability as I can squeeze in. Want it easier to gear for the new league which is why I went for non crit.

No on tree pierce as I'd likely use projectile weakness.

For extra offense possibly vaal spark or vaal storm call?

Extra defense options I guess would be CWDT enfeeble, molten shell, frost wall or arctic breath, tempest shield?!

rough tree here:

edit: tree is funky 2.0 weirdness but i take sniper/blood siphon/nullification in shadow area.

my main point of contention is whether to get rid of shadow nodes and head for more witch/templar stuff.

interested to hear your view!

Hello :) Thank you for taking an interest in my thread! So, i've looked over your tree, and you went into some crit nodes (shadow), instead of the elemental nodes above it... you have a fair amount of life, i can't exactly see any other fault....

I am, however unsure as to why you chose Endurance Charge, it seems to be a spur of the moment decision from my perspective... here is one of my main rules for endurance charges...

1) Make sure you have a shit-tonne of armour and life
2) if you do get charges (of any sort) atleast get 2 in the tree.... so, i would recommend speccing out of that, and maybe spec into the jewel node for the bonus of extra damage or life :)

So, basically, spec out of the crit nodes in shadow, and take the elemental nodes above... as with the endurance charge, spec out, and spec into the jewel node

That's basically it for the tree ;)

Hope this helps!
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
I am, however unsure as to why you chose Endurance Charge, it seems to be a spur of the moment decision from my perspective...

I guess it comes from a layered defense perspective. I could go just pure life/ES but I've done that a couple of times in the past and still RIPd to big phys hits in 'perfect storm' scenarios. 5 EC (1 tree 1 quest) adds 20% phys mitigation. A chaos golemn and CwDT molten shell add even more. I guess I could swap the 2 EC charge points for the nearby jewel slot and get a life jewel. Tough call...Is there another defense or mitigation alternative I could achieve with this build?

"
So, basically, spec out of the crit nodes in shadow, and take the elemental nodes above... as with the endurance charge, spec out, and spec into the jewel node

Yeah that is a good call - looking foward to controlled destruction.

Cheers Slayertip!
"
dommomo wrote:
"
I am, however unsure as to why you chose Endurance Charge, it seems to be a spur of the moment decision from my perspective...

I guess it comes from a layered defense perspective. I could go just pure life/ES but I've done that a couple of times in the past and still RIPd to big phys hits in 'perfect storm' scenarios. 5 EC (1 tree 1 quest) adds 20% phys mitigation. A chaos golemn and CwDT molten shell add even more. I guess I could swap the 2 EC charge points for the nearby jewel slot and get a life jewel. Tough call...Is there another defense or mitigation alternative I could achieve with this build?

"

Yeah that is a good call - looking foward to controlled destruction.

Cheers Slayertip!

Regarding defence, there isnt much that casters have tbh, if you want, stick with the Endurance Charges, and maybe bring a granite flask with % armour on it, to atleast help a little bit more :) but thats about it tbh :P

You're more then welcome :D

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I'm pretty newbie in this game and I don't know what skills are good or bad. So... I will skip first 2 points.

Skill:Something for fast clearing (or cheap clearing)
Crit, Elemental, or Phys:I guess eveyrthing is fine.
Which league are you planning to play this build on? (if standard, i can help gear):New season, hc league
What type of weapon will you want to use? e.g.: Dagger, Wand, Sceptre, Mace, Staff, etc: Everything is fine
What level are you planning to level this build to? (need to know for point allocation):Well... endgame (for me its +85)
@EDIT
I wanted to add I would like to play something tanky(hc league) with good sustain and pretty nice map clearing. Also I think sword + shield would be my choose of weapons, but I can play anything.
@EDIT2
totem build sounds fun too, but I couldn't fine tut with early leveling (which skill to use and etc)
Last edited by breedovsky963 on Dec 11, 2015, 9:32:31 AM
Hey there, I don't consider myself too much of a newbie anymore but I would like your opinion on my Elemental Spectral Throw passive tree. I'm still undecided if I want to use Hyaons for full lightning damage, or just try and get a nice weapon with all 3 elemental rolls on it. Input there would also be appreciated. I'd obviously tweak the tree a tiny bit if I went for full lightning damage.

Here's the tree I put together. I'm thinking IR for defense with an Alphas Howl and HoT + HoI + Grace inside. Either a Scion or Ranger start being interchangeable since I touch both starting nodes.

Spoiler
http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4A7gHRBLMFLQguDF8NzRUgGY4ZtBo4HKccziFgIuInLyj6KaUqTStQLOktgzIJMok1kjrYPC0_J0CgQYdDMUa3RtdHfkfiSshTpVcpV-JZ81pSZU1o8mxGbqpxhXIPcmxyqXTtdPF1y3fleu97w3zZfXWBr4KbgseDX4PMhrONfpBVm12bjaEiogCiQKQ5qJqsqq-nr-uxBbFCtfK3Pre2uNC74702vqfEosT2xq7NmNNv037Yvdo62sHhc-pi7SDtg-968B_yl_MR9Pj2o_cy-ej-Cv5U_ro=

Note: This would be my starting build for the new league, so it's going to have to be low budget for awhile.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Dec 11, 2015, 11:46:21 AM
Hi there, mate. This is a very kind initiative, congratulations! I am a very old player returning now to PoE so Im pretty much oblivious to all of the substantial changes in the past two years.

This being said, I want to start new on Talisman. I don't really care for the class or specific skill build, but I am looking for something with:

- not heavily reliant on 6L or ultra expensive things
- fast clear speed
- if possible, stacking MF to farm

My only character on standard currently runs a Facebreaker + BoR cyclone build using buffed up Herald of Ash to destroy stuff. Also maxing block. If you can come up with anything at talisman that I would be able to somewhat benefit from when it becomes standard, then it would be double awesome!

Cheers,
Knuck
I have a friend that won't be playing til this evening (same as me) but if you have time and want to give it a go, cheers!

He plays SC, wants cheap build obviously since new league and is not that picky but wants a bow ranger preferably utilizing some new poison stuff.

I myself am going trapper route which leaves him cold.

Edited to say: he plays all sc but hates dying so might as well pretend it is HC build. LOL
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Dec 11, 2015, 11:52:40 AM
"
"
Zepepsico wrote:
Hi and thanks for the offer!

Rather than a full tree, I was dabbling in melee territory (only made casters before) and I was thinking of making a CI-Aegis-Reave duelist.
I have however no idea at all whether the end product makes any sense, will die at one glance, or will be totally ineffective at killing.

Main issues:

- reliant on potions drinking: is it feasible to play by drinking a potion every 5 seconds or will my mind go crazy after 10 minutes?
- 200% ES, is that enough? Also would have discipline.
- with potions up, 75/75 block/spell-block, and high resists (guessing 80%+)
- for armour, I'll use iron reflexes, and I'll have about 300% increase combined (armour, ES+armour, ES) + grace
- for offense, I'd have about 100% faster attacks speed, and maybe 150% increased phys damage. Is that enough for Reave? I may able to sneak an offensive aura or herald, depending on how I manage mana (likely to need 2x Elreon)
- how much life leech (+ghost reaver) would I need?
- what would be the best 6L for Reave? Reave + multistrike + faster attacks + melee physical damage + ??? I guess added cold? And?

1 - i mean, i guess you could use alot of potions... it just depends on your overall block chance (since you're using Aegis), if your block chance is great enough to sustain your ES, then you probably dont need to constantly use flasks :P maybe a armour flask or something... but thats about it.

2 - Thats plenty :)

3 - as long as you can sustain the potions generation (or charges) you should have a reasonable upkeep on the block/res situation

4 - That's plenty of armour :)

5 - And plenty of damage ;)

6 - Aim for 3-5 life leech % (use the gem if you can, if not, just maybe get life leech on the tree (as ugly as they look :P)

7 - Fortify and Conc Effect imo :)

If you have any more questions, lemme know :D

I'd not use conc effect with reave, at all. Not even in boss fights as you want to be able to keep the range you get from i.e vaal reave or just the normal 4 stacks. Ideal 6l(IMO) is Added fire- Melee physical damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Reave - Increased Area Of Effect
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Rated ten out of ten, would extort Slayertip1's time for my benefit again :P
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Goodmorning everyone! First day of Talisman hype?! So, ill be streaming (or currently streaming, whenever you see this ofc) the first day today, so basically, i wont be able to reply until after my stream :) So, ill definitely help then!

Thank you all for taking an interest in my thread :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info