Zone Transitions (Mouse Hover Art)

I remember hearing a while back somewhere that this was being worked on, and I was just sort of curious about an update.

For those confused as to what I'm talking about:
Spoiler

The "white block" art (for lack of a better term) on mouseover, are there any plans to add some polish to these, sort of like how waypoints were updated in the past?

I realize this sounds like something easy but I can imagine the difficulty in either finding a generalized effect that meshes with the game's overall mood and aesthetic, or creating unique art for each individual zone (there certainly are a lot of them now!).

Thanks for the read and just throwing it out there, this is just a honest inquiry, I have nothing against the current choice!

Edit:

Example concept I made in PS (I'm not good don't make fun of me lol):
Spoiler

People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Dec 4, 2015, 11:16:34 AM
Bump, still very curious about this!

Agreed, I think something even if they just turned the plain white mouse hover thing into a radiant white light illuminating out from the entrance would be nice. Doesn't have to be anything nuts...except nuts, I don't want to be dragging my cursor over some nuts.
Bumping this daily until we hear anything, the suspense is killing me, and if they are they way they are intended to be as is, c'mon GGG you guys are faaar more creative than just a "white block", I know you are, with the abundance of awesome particle effects in this game, this can't be the terminus of transitions, so to speak.

They did mention wanting it to look different.

But this would be so far down their list of priorities that it may not get done for years
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Dec 1, 2015, 2:59:46 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
But this would be so far down their list of priorities that it may not get done for years

That's the spirit!
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
Still hoping for an update on this!

It came to my attention that perhaps I should have posted this in the Art and Audio Feedback section!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Dec 3, 2015, 11:58:37 AM
"
XSyntheticX wrote:
Still hoping for an update on this!

It came to my attention that perhaps I should have posted this in the Art and Audio Feedback section!

You can always click the report button on the OP and ask support to move it to the proper place. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I was bored and messing around in PS (I am not skilled in PS in the slightest) and came up with this concept for a "Fog Effect" mouseover highlight, it would of course be animated.

Spoiler

I think it would be cool 8)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info