Where's Chaos Resistances or Chaos immune mods ?

"
Vipermagi wrote:

The video you linked is a zero-Damage map. He survived entering the boss arena with 900 or so Life; any decent Damage mod on the map would have killed that character.

So, melee or any other not in same situation? Basically its true for all, but melee will took much more damage and same will be in 900 life and run away to refil pots or died.

Or you try to say that other class and builds can take damage easily while poison arrow not? PA just stacking life and evasion, nothing else. And PA crazy cheap for its endgame.

Most rangers and casters and melees dont have even 5K life, only some builds use 5-6k life, its not all.

The problem it gave WAY too high dps and clear speed for no reason and for cons at all, only pros.
"
So, melee or any other not in same situation? Basically its true for all, but melee will took much more damage and same will be in 900 life and run away to refil pots or died.

Assuming their build isn't garbage, they'll have more Armour and potentially Block, so yes, a Melee build would be walking through taking less Damage. Duh.
Additionally, direct Hits allows for far better Life recovery; Leech and Life Gain on Hit are largely useless for Poison Arrow builds, but they allow Melee builds to supplement their Flasks tremendously well.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 28, 2015, 9:22:12 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

Assuming their build isn't garbage, they'll have more Armour and potentially Block, so yes, a Melee build would be walking through taking less Damage. Duh.

I assume you was seriously. but now not so sure about it.
Armour? Really..? How about RNG that allow to immun, bcs armour the same BS.
Sure if you take 50% node or so from nodes and use rare chest and super elite boots, helmet and gloves with determination or grace + iron reflexes you dont have some magic defense called armour, i dont think its worth it or even affordable for most.

If you think some nodes enough and 80-100 armour from gear make you immun to bosses - no no no, its not work like that.

Also you forgot to say about Acro and evasion... why?

Block work when you build around it, 20 block chance not even worth telling about it. And block can use ONLY 1H + shield, dual have no block (15% nothing at all).

Melee cant kite and you know it, melee took ALWAYS all source of damage and you also know it, melee require better gear and better weapon bcs they scale from it and its source of life when melee in battle. Extra damage and all modify damage ruin defense for melee much higher then ranger if its good ranger.

Chaos Resistances or Chaos immune mods should be added to the game bcs everything else we already got and no one care to wine to remove from game.

Blood Magic mod make UNPLAYABLE CI players.
- maximum Player Resistances and no Life or Mana Regeneration and Recover Life, Mana and Energy Shield slower and Temporal Chains make RF build UNPLAYABLE
Monsters cannot be Stunned make builds that created around Stun UNPLAYABLE
Cannot Leech Life and Mana from Monsters make any leech UNPLAYABLE
etc, its long list.

So why those 100% fine and should be in game BUT Chaos Resistances or Chaos immune mods not? Why not?
If you want to believe Armour doesn't exist unless you have 20k, then frankly I don't even care to discuss this with you.

"
- maximum Player Resistances and no Life or Mana Regeneration and Recover Life, Mana and Energy Shield slower and Temporal Chains make RF build UNPLAYABLE
Monsters cannot be Stunned make builds that created around Stun UNPLAYABLE
Cannot Leech Life and Mana from Monsters make any leech UNPLAYABLE

-RF builds rarely exclusively use RF to kill stuff - turn off RF and you're good to go (or carry more Ruby flasks). You'll be weaker, but it's not unplayable.
-RF can technically be a main Damage source, in which case you can carry more Ruby Flasks to counter -Max and TC, but No Regen will be actually impossible if you really have nothing except RF.
There are more RF builds that can work around TC/No Regen/-Max than there are those who cannot. Chaos Immunity is a brick wall to any and all pure Chaos builds, not just one specific set of pure Chaos builds.

-Stun Immune doesn't make a map unplayable, you still deal Damage and can get through just fine. You need to play different because your primary defense is disabled, but you can run the map, which by definition means it is not unplayable.

-Not worth the effort? Possibly. However, it can be worked around, and thus it is not unplayable. Builds really shouldn't rely on only one recovery mechanic anyways; it makes your character terribly inflexible.

You also seem to just ignore the part where I said I am expecting a Chaos Resist mod, so I'll just reiterate that bit I guess :/ Maybe it sticks this time.
Immunity is fucking stupid though and it will never happen.
Viper, i suggest you read up on the OP's posting history to conclude for yourself if this is worth your time and effort.

I concluded myself like three threads ago that that's a nono.

Irrational cannot be targeted with rational, that would defy it's definition.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Also tell me why chaos resistance are bad idea after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrzD7M1tcA how FAST and easy he did it, like with that cheap (almost free) gear he faceroll double bosses like they toys.

Yeah SO bad idea to add new mods chaos res and chaos immun Lmao!

GGG dont want or way too scary (no balls) to nerf Poison Arrow, so why not at least add mods to counter poison arrow domination and game breaking A LITTLE BIT?

If you need to farm uber for like 1-2 min and at 2-3 day when league start you have ONLY one option - play poison arrow build.

GGG dont want to remove those listed in first post mods, so why not add new better mods?

What the fuck? if poison arrow is too strong, you nerf poison arrow, you don't nerf the element.
Should we nerf fire damage because incinerate? I'm sure fireball would be very grateful.
Chaos damage is usually weaker than elemental damage. Even Poison Arrow with a perfect setup is nothing spectacular compared to what other skills can do. You can also reduce elemental resistances, often into the negatives, you can't do anything like that for chaos damage.

Chaos damage still has some flavor left, don't turn it into just another element.

"
Shibajusty wrote:

What the fuck? if poison arrow is too strong, you nerf poison arrow, you don't nerf the element.
Should we nerf fire damage because incinerate? I'm sure fireball would be very grateful.

Hey, why ggg nerf spark like 10 times? Why nerf incinerate? Why nerf ton skills and its fine, but NOT nerf Poison Arrow skill?

Thats my point: What the fuck?
Another quality StrongWitchCraft QQ thread about poison... Why dont you just wait for the actual announced poison changes to hit live instead of wasting sooo much time and energy on hating a gem that shouldnt even matter to you since you can play with whatever and however you want.

People could make 600 threads a day about vaal sparks since awakening beta, but either people dont care and let others have fun while it lasts, or people build on it and have fun themselves. You on the other hand...
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Most builds do not use Chaos Damage. For those builds, rolling such an affix on a map would be great: free map drops for no additional challenge, but for the Chaos build it would be crushing (at least, if it is 80% like you recommend).

Elemental Resistance and Physical Damage reduction mods are not even close to 80%, so are not as much of a hindrance to those builds. If they were 80%, it would be stupid.

Also: Chaos does not have a penetration gem whereas the Elemental damage types do.

A map mod limiting a stat or utility effect on a player is fine, since most of the time a build will not be reliant on that. I agree: The builds that do rely on those things are crushed. But a map mod strictly reducing all damage you deal by 80%? That's a little far.

Limiting auxiliary stats, making the map a little bit harder for almost everyone, but impossible for a minority = Okay

Reducing clear speed by 80% for a minority, but having no effect on anyone else = Not okay.

look at the lightning res.
And we have immunity to status aliments too.
I agree we have elem penetration but a bit of chaos res wouldn't hurt anybody, considering some mods are impossible for some builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info