Where's Chaos Resistances or Chaos immune mods ?

I saw we have ton impossible mods, crazy amount build breaking mods, but no Chaos Resistances mods? Why?

Poison Arrow - not gonna nerfed and trolls do everything to not make that happen.
Chaos builds and new chaos gems gonna dominate even more in next patch and new expansion.

So, why GGG still not add Chaos Resistances mods in game? Why?

Melee not gonna see buffs in 2015-2016 for sure, new class have best nodes if you play crit build, chaos or spells. Nothing for non crit melee.

Defense and survive ability gonna be worse and worse after new affects gonna added to the game and monsters will have much higher chaos damage and average damage from monsters and boss buffed.

Rangers got super buff and chaos too.

So, why GGG forgot to add Chaos Resistances mods? Like +80% to Chaos Resistances with higher chance to spawn in map and rare monsters.

If we have Immune to Curses, Blood Magic, Physical Damage Reduction, Elemental Resistance, reflect, Monsters cannot be Stunned, chilled ground, Avoid Elemental Status Ailments, Recover Life, Mana and Energy Shield slower, - maximum Player Resistances, no Life or Mana Regeneration, Temporal Chains, Cannot Leech Life and Mana from Monsters, immune to Elemental Status Ailments, increased Critical Strike Multiplier, etc... so why the hell not Chaos Resistances or Chaos Immune mods?
Last edited by StrongWitchCraft on Nov 28, 2015, 5:23:22 AM
Most builds do not use Chaos Damage. For those builds, rolling such an affix on a map would be great: free map drops for no additional challenge, but for the Chaos build it would be crushing (at least, if it is 80% like you recommend).

Elemental Resistance and Physical Damage reduction mods are not even close to 80%, so are not as much of a hindrance to those builds. If they were 80%, it would be stupid.

Also: Chaos does not have a penetration gem whereas the Elemental damage types do.

A map mod limiting a stat or utility effect on a player is fine, since most of the time a build will not be reliant on that. I agree: The builds that do rely on those things are crushed. But a map mod strictly reducing all damage you deal by 80%? That's a little far.

Limiting auxiliary stats, making the map a little bit harder for almost everyone, but impossible for a minority = Okay

Reducing clear speed by 80% for a minority, but having no effect on anyone else = Not okay.
Everything above guy says + there should never be immunity to xxx damage mods, immunity to supporting debuffs is fine imho...
Last edited by dyneol on Nov 28, 2015, 7:50:44 AM
What the hell are you guys talking?

We already have Blood Magic for YEARS!
BM mod its the same as IMMUNITY to all damage if you play CI and no one says it should go.

Curse immun same.

Leech immun same (there some small group who crazy enough to make leech build)

Etc, etc.

So why not chaos? Is it really any different than other mods?
If there is chaos immunity next thing you demand is fire cold lightning phys immunity too. Nope.
Also tell me why chaos resistance are bad idea after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrzD7M1tcA how FAST and easy he did it, like with that cheap (almost free) gear he faceroll double bosses like they toys.

Yeah SO bad idea to add new mods chaos res and chaos immun Lmao!

GGG dont want or way too scary (no balls) to nerf Poison Arrow, so why not at least add mods to counter poison arrow domination and game breaking A LITTLE BIT?

If you need to farm uber for like 1-2 min and at 2-3 day when league start you have ONLY one option - play poison arrow build.

GGG dont want to remove those listed in first post mods, so why not add new better mods?
Chaos res mods, probably fine by me with the upcoming poison love. Still NO to damage immunities. If you can't see the difference between BM map mods and flat out dmg immunities I'm really not sure how to argue any further so I'll be leaving it at that.
"
Also tell me why chaos resistance are bad idea after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrzD7M1tcA how FAST and easy he did it, like with that cheap (almost free) gear he faceroll double bosses like they toys.

Cheap gear? The only thing that you know about his gear from the video is that he is wearing a drillneck (which is usually around the 4ex mark, more at the start of a league). He's probably also using a +3 bow, which is another 4-5ex, more if the bow has other useful rolls. This being darkshrine, he probably has all 20% gems, which while costing nothing now, would generally be around an exalt each.

I'm not saying that this isnt cheaper than a lot of other endgame builds, but >10ex in gear is far from what I would call "almost free".
Last edited by Grimmhammer on Nov 28, 2015, 8:40:53 AM
"
We already have Blood Magic for YEARS!
BM mod its the same as IMMUNITY to all damage if you play CI and no one says it should go.
Curse immun same.
Leech immun same (there some small group who crazy enough to make leech build)

So why not chaos? Is it really any different than other mods?

Yes, it really is. If you're a Chaos build, then Chaos Immunity 100% shuts you down, you literally cannot do anything because everything takes zero Damage from your main Skill. Blood Magic can (technically) be worked around with Mana Cost reduction; you can use Skills that cost zero Mana just fine. Curse and Stun immunity do not prevent Curse/Stun builds from going through the map - said builds will be far less effective, but they can still do it. Is it really that hard to see the difference? :/

Similarly, Elemental Resistances are annoying, but a non-Damage over Time Elemental build *should* have a Pen Gem socketed anyways, which handles +Resists extremely well. Chaos cannot do that. I'm expecting there to be a +Chaos Resist map mod, but I'm also expecting it to be in the twenties or so. Noticable, but not insurmountable.

-----
The video you linked is a zero-Damage map. He survived entering the boss arena with 900 or so Life; any decent Damage mod on the map would have killed that character. It's... Not really that impressive tbh. A boss that is specifically vulnerable to fast ranged characters, without Damage mods, killed by a ranged kiting-based character? Who cares.
"
Grimmhammer wrote:

I'm not saying that this isnt cheaper than a lot of other endgame builds, but >10ex in gear is far from what I would call "almost free".

In warband i have no problem to buy drillneck for 2 exalted, i got 10 invite after offer 2ex for it.
Also card that gave drillneck super common and most farm 1-2 set per day, no problem here and you can buy set for cheaper.

But even 10ex for ENDGAME and most effective build in game ever seen its nothing, its free.

For 10ex you cant buy good weapon or good wand. And theres always a chance that no one selling good weapon you needed to kill fast uber or 82 map. But there are no way to not have drillneck or +3 bow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info