Defense Choices, SO HARD TO CHOOSE

Ok here I have two defensive options that I can choose from. I am playing a ranged Crit LA build.

Hyrri's Bite with Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and stacking evasion.

OR

Daresso's Defiance with Iron Reflexes stacking armor.

The first option: 50% Dodge 40% Spell Dodge, lots of evasion with Entropy mechanism (unreliable)

The second option: 3 Endurance Charges with occasional Onslaught, lots of armor with physical damage reduction (reliable for small hits) life roll, endurage charges also provide temporary elemental resistances and it also help with blood rage's degen.
Last edited by gtrans on Nov 27, 2015, 9:14:50 PM
Running eva+acros with rare chest and Arctic Armor backed up with ToH is better idea than Hyrris alone for backup. You can always buff dodge with Atziri steps or Darkrays. I run quite radicaly phys eva ranger with capped hit+crit chance (in short: I refletc in my face quite often). And I died just 1 time because of reflect for whole 2.0. path. I never had 5k hp too. I rly recommend Eva/Dodge on AA+ToH for ranged character.
I can't say much about 2nd option.
What about IR and Lighting Coil? (and AA, why not)
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Nov 27, 2015, 9:16:20 PM
IR is not good for either Daresso or Lightning Coil. If you want to stack Armor, there are better chests than Lightning Coil with which to do it. If you want to stack Evasion, then Daresso will make the infrequent physical hits against you significantly less damaging thanks to the some Armor + Endurance Charges. The only Unique chest I'd use with IR would probably be Cherrubim, assuming one could make a build with it that was actually any good post Leech nerf.
I dare to not agree about LC and IR. I have proofs on tape that it works pretty well for my fragile marauder (wearing abyssus on top of that) so ranger should be even more safe in this combo. Daresso is last thing I'd reccomend, I don't like this chest, so I may be biased here, tho.
Burn all the orbs!
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
IR is not good for either Daresso or Lightning Coil. If you want to stack Armor, there are better chests than Lightning Coil with which to do it. If you want to stack Evasion, then Daresso will make the infrequent physical hits against you significantly less damaging thanks to the some Armor + Endurance Charges. The only Unique chest I'd use with IR would probably be Cherrubim, assuming one could make a build with it that was actually any good post Leech nerf.

Id have to disagree on that man. There is no chest piece out there that puts a better physical mitigation than Lightning Coil. Legacy Cloak of Defiance comes equal but that requires a different build type. Besides, LC already gives a decent amount of armor if you take IR. But right now I am talking about Daresso's Defiance/Endurance Charge vs Evasion/Dodge.

"
skuadak wrote:
I dare to not agree about LC and IR. I have proofs on tape that it works pretty well for my fragile marauder (wearing abyssus on top of that) so ranger should be even more safe in this combo. Daresso is last thing I'd reccomend, I don't like this chest, so I may be biased here, tho.

What exactly do you not like about the chest?
It's not that LC + IR doesn't work, it's that LC + IR is inefficient. If you have 20k armor with LC, you'd be better off just wearing a rare chest and running with 25k-30k armor, instead.
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
It's not that LC + IR doesn't work, it's that LC + IR is inefficient. If you have 20k armor with LC, you'd be better off just wearing a rare chest and running with 25k-30k armor, instead.

Armor has diminishing return. That 5k-10k extra armor will change absolutely nothing when faced with a 4000 hit. (kole with extra damage mod on shocking ground for example).

LC will completely redirect 30%-40% of that damage then that 20k armor will reduce the remaining damage or vice versa
Last edited by gtrans on Nov 28, 2015, 12:34:37 AM
"
gtrans wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:

What exactly do you not like about the chest?

It's akwardly defensive and doesn't fit my imagination of what ranger should represent herself. Suits ranger as saddle suits cow imo.

I said that its my personal opinion only.
Burn all the orbs!
"
gtrans wrote:
Armor has diminishing return. That 5k-10k extra armor will change absolutely nothing when faced with a 4000 hit. (kole with extra damage mod on shocking ground for example).

Do you not see how absurd this combination is? You not only have to fight Kole in a map with extra damage, but you also have to stand in shocking ground while fighting Kole in a map with extra damage.

This is an example of a magnitude of damage that you're better off simply not thinking about when considering physical damage reduction from armor, because if you consistently die to is then you're playing wrong.

"
gtrans wrote:
LC will completely redirect 30%-40% of that damage then that 20k armor will reduce the remaining damage or vice versa
Even in this absurd scenario, LC reduces the hit to ~2120 damage hit (slightly more or less, depending on whether the coil is legacy or not), while the armor chest reduces it to 2480. If we add 5 Endurance charges, LC reduces the hit to about 1600, while the armor chest reduces it to about 1680.

Even against a 4k damage hit, this armor that changes "absolutely nothing" is almost on-par with an LC, and works significantly better with the various sources of "additional physical damage reduction" available in the game. Against the vast majority of damage you'll take, it will out-perform Lightning Coil significantly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info