ms Spikes

While I am playin Path of Exile, my latency spikes like every 30 seconds. It spikes from 70-80 to 400-500. I am using wireless connection but modem is very close to my PC. On the other hand, I tried cable connection but still cannot solve my problem. Here is the WinMTR results: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13518172/
You are seeing massive lag spikes and packet loss before your connection even hits the outside of your providers network:

|AIR5750NAS - 0 | 332 | 332 | 1 | 19 | 1610 | 1 |
|93.155.1.100 - 1 | 323 | 322 | 7 | 54 | 2724 | 8 |

I've highlighted the troubling parts here. Notice that your worst response times happen on your own local connection. That 1610ms spike is something you are going to notice. That carries forward right until the end.

Have you tried power cycling your modem and router? I would start there. If that doesn't work, it may be a good idea to try and bypass your router and connect a cable directly to your modem from your computer for a short test. The good news is, since this seems local, you should be able to fix it yourself by doing some local troubleshooting.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
I tried a few power cycling and here is the new results: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13519178/ Does it seem solved?
That looks significantly better.
Not perfect, but playable. How does it feel in game?

Here is the last line of your WinMTR result:
| dc.43.3a25.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 302 | 302 | 64 | 68 | 178 | 64 |

All those numbers look fine, but the 178. If you are using lockstep, and spike up to that 178ms, you'll notice a hitch in the gameplay 'smoothness'.
It's tough to spot where the spikes come from because several of the previous hops aren't providing useful data.

Is the game at least playable now?

"
erayaltinci wrote:
I tried a few power cycling and here is the new results: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13519178/ Does it seem solved?

It kinda did but you wouldn't notice it in game as there are problems further down the line, as max had pointed out you were getting latency spike of 1610 ms from the get go, you couldn't really tell if there were problems later in the connection because of it, not your result to start with is normal 5ms worst on the first hop.

you get excessive latency on the 7th hop 212.156.102.184.302-ams-col-1.06-ebgp-ulus1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr - 39 | 97 | 60 | 57 | 1655 | 4678 | 2223 | this may or may not be a problem as it dose not manifest in the hops after it

You then have minor packet loss and latency spikes as you get put through telia (telia are an ongoing problem that GGG have no control over)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yes, it is much more better than before and playable for now. I will check regulary. Thank you so much for interest.
I'm glad you are happy.
Wraeclast beckons. You must answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info