[MAC OSX] Running from an external HD

Hi all - My friend recently gave me a free 320 GB external HD. I am wondering if it's a viable option to run windows from it to play POE from Windows rather than Mac. Essentially bootcamp from an external HD. Is this a viable option? Would this eliminate the long load screens and other small Mac bugs? If so, could anyone help me out with a quick guide on how to go about this? I'm pretty unaware when it comes to anything technical..
Thanks!!
Generally the biggest problems with external hard drives are the access speeds (read and write).

For PoE (and even Windows) to function properly and efficiently, it has to have a decent read/write speed or you'll experience significant and noticeable loading issues.

In PoE, this will be seen as slow loading times to get into the game, as well as slow loading times between zones.

While it might be tolerable, that is going to be up to you. Feel free to try it (if Mac supports booting from External for Bootcamp), but be aware that it might not perform up to your expectations.

Good luck.
Mac bugs?

Even with the fastest USB 3.0/Thunderbolt/eSATA it will probably be a slow and quiet mechanical drive inside the external enclosure, and it's not going to work well for this game. If the drive is a solid state drive (SSD), the speeds will be fine, so what is its model name/number?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info