Atziri's Splendour Help Required

I'm on the verge of buying a 6L Atziri's Splendour, the Energy Shield variant, but I notice that there seems to be a preponderance of them with mostly red sockets, and much fewer blue sockets. I need mine to have 2 x Green and 4 x Blue (ie. GGBBBB), and my question is: Is it likely I'll be able to get that combination of colours, and is blue an off-colour for the ES version (which would seem strange)?

I don't care how many Chromes I burn getting GGBBBB as long as it's possible.

Please help, before I make an expensive mistake!
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Socket likelihood is based on the attributes required to equip the item. Since Atziri's Splendour requires equal amounts of all three, all socket colours are equally likely.

My assumption as to why the 6Ls for sale are heavy on the red sockets is that people have been using them purely because they're so much easier to get red sockets on than a normal ES chest.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 25, 2015, 2:31:39 PM
Nice, that makes sense. Thanks for your speedy reply :)
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Hello. One more Question to this Armour. I Play a Mirror / Blink Arrow Summoner. The descrition says, 100 life/mana gained on kill. I thought this triggers every time when a mob dies. But i dont kill Mobs by myself because my Minions do the dirty work for me and i dont benefit from this mechanic. I dont get mana and life after a mob dies... Is this a game mechanic fail?
"
flojoe wrote:
Hello. One more Question to this Armour. I Play a Mirror / Blink Arrow Summoner. The descrition says, 100 life/mana gained on kill. I thought this triggers every time when a mob dies. But i dont kill Mobs by myself because my Minions do the dirty work for me and i dont benefit from this mechanic. I dont get mana and life after a mob dies... Is this a game mechanic fail?

Depends on how you define "game mechanic fail." The Official Party Line on it is that the mechanics are working exactly as they are worded and thus exactly as one should/would expect them to. It is a pretty universal constant in this game that "Minions are not You and do not have your Stats or Bonuses unless specifically stated." So since your minions aren't wearing your Armour, they can't gain the bonus on it (life/mana on kill). Nor would their "life on kill" stat somehow reroute to you, because you're a separate entity and you are not personally doing any killing.

In other words it's probably intended.

You could call it a "fail" though if you disagree with how the developers set their rules. I intend no sarcasm here (but I'm pretty sleep deprived so I'm pretty sure I'll speak tactlessly no matter what) - I could definitely see where this could be perceived as unfair to summoners. Others can probably debate this point instead of me though. I don't really play summoners much
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"

I don't care how many Chromes I burn getting GGBBBB as long as it's possible.

Please help, before I make an expensive mistake!

According to the Chromatic Calculator it should only take on average 49 Chromatic Orbs to get the color combination you are looking for. It suggests the most efficient way to get your colors is just to spam chromes and not use Vorici.

Of course this is an average, not a guarantee.

Here is the link if you want to play around with it:

Chrome Calc
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info