[Theorycraft] Shotgun Duelist

Hi, I recently started playing hardcore and this is the first build I came up with. The idea is to use Chin Sol and Point Blank with Ice Shot to imitate a shotgun.

Passive Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2kwhR1W69OKkz_QzHawYTvKaV08YrwxIK-p7CrvTZlTdX4bml1y-pijX63tppqbycj0wUtdO1319hg1y1JD1b673ruDtN-_rp9dRXsddAE5P-wNuiGYBiRvJ86UjJ-6UZKfeOfh3YNjQHnn8unMKQZtiwl3xv6GNsaVWEhRJ5Tu7_VFE38S8Ezhs4hdn8rOdRv8qCfo4pNkiP2yPBEDZ7N0iGCB_JBah7yL2o7Xz8aPu8OFCApLny4jM_2SD38WGPG2NNvLlM=

Gear:
Weapon - Chin Sol
All the rest - prioritize Life>Elemental Resistances until capped>Armor>Evasion

Skill Gem Setup:
Damage - Ice Shot + Slower Projectiles + Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles + Pierce + Knockback

Defense - Cast when Damage Taken + Molten Shell + a curse + Immortal Call

Auras&Buffs - Enlighten + Clarity + Arctic Armor + some other aura/buff

Utility - Blink Arrow + Enduring Cry + Phase Walk + Faster Casting

Panic Button - Higher level Cast when Damage Taken + Decoy Totem + Phase walk

I'm still a casul and don't know if this needs mana and/or life leech or something else

Point blank and knockback gem doesn't make sense. You do less damage the further enemies get. If you get more than a 1/4 of a screen away you will actually do LESS damage.

Also your better of getting life/mana leech from rings/gear because ice shot still does 50% physical. Clarify is a waste of reserved mana better used for hatred

Also your single target dps will be low with pierce linked.
Best single target with Chin sol is trap + point blank gem + puncture + Physical projectile attack damage.
Last edited by link1313 on Nov 26, 2015, 11:28:56 PM
There was a Shadow build thread called 'Railgun' that focused on this same interaction - Ice SHot, Point Blank, Chin Sol. This one, methinks: Shadow Railgun. It'd have more information for you, though obviously the wrong start. Maybe that would help?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info