One-off class reset request in light of Ascendancy expansion (@GGG)

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Levelling ONCE doesn't take that long. Doing it for 10 different builds takes way too long. Also name change is too problematic and doesn't really matter anyway. Names don't affect balance or gameplay. You're just grasping at straws to find things to say against this.
And this is where you lost me. You're not going to have to do it 10 times because your 10 builds will be spread out among several classes. You're not going to take all those builds and convert them all to the same class. Each one you switch to another class frees up whichever class you used to be.

That and it seems unlikely you're going to play all 10 builds before the next reset. I started deleting characters that weren't in the 80s because I already have most of my characters sitting around unspec'd. If you got enough time to play 10 builds at a time, it should be pretty easy for you to make new ones. Especially since new skills and items will change your builds anyway.

Since you got lost, I'll try to explain.

Let us assume I have 20 different characters and play all of them. I have 1 of each class in the high levels, except Shadow, of which I have like, 14, because for some reason when I started PoE Shadow appealed to me and I have done a ton of different builds on him over time (The number and class distribution I chose is arbitrary, and there are a lot of people who do that. I personally do it with Scion and have done it for the past 2 years, even during the periods when she was trash compared to the other classes).

Anyway, Ascendancy hits, and there are maybe 4-5 of my Shadow builds that really really love some of the new Ascendancy goodies, but the rest of them just don't benefit from any of his three Ascendancies (In case you're gonna argue that that won't ever happen, think about the fact that out of the two revealed shadow Ascendancies, none of the two actually would benefit an RT Hyaon Reave Shadow for example. It's not too far fetched to imagine that the third one wouldn't fit either). Now, I'm stuck with like 10 Shadows who don't get to interact with the new Ascendancy goodies.

I can jump SOME of them around to other classes, but I have only one of each and that is not enough to migrate everything. So you're forcing me to either 1) relevel 2) not use Ascendancy classes or 3) drop maybe 7-8 builds which I like and enjoy playing. All of that could be avoided if we were to be given just a one off class reset, which doesn't impact the players who DON'T do this in the slightest, and yet they (you) feel compelled to argue against it.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
It's not that I got lost following your logic. It's that you lost my agreement when you start talking about people playing 10 or 20 builds at a time in the periods between resets. There are regular resets so if you really don't want to level up 14 new characters to replace your 14 shadows, then don't spec them all at once. Spec the ones you'll actually play and when the next reset comes, spec them into different ones.

You can only play one character at a time. Are you honestly saying you play 20 characters at once? How many hours a week do you play? 40? So you play each character for 2 hours a week? You don't have a few that you play all the time and the others sit on the bench waiting to get the call?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
You could also just use the Scion ascendancy class, but it seems like you have visionary gifts and/or a crystal sphere and already know that it is going to suck.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I support this idea, and im sure most players who only play STD or HC perm would support, but we are treated like 3rd rate/class players here... so no its never going to happen.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
mark1030 wrote:
It's not that I got lost following your logic. It's that you lost my agreement when you start talking about people playing 10 or 20 builds at a time in the periods between resets. There are regular resets so if you really don't want to level up 14 new characters to replace your 14 shadows, then don't spec them all at once. Spec the ones you'll actually play and when the next reset comes, spec them into different ones.

You can only play one character at a time. Are you honestly saying you play 20 characters at once? How many hours a week do you play? 40? So you play each character for 2 hours a week? You don't have a few that you play all the time and the others sit on the bench waiting to get the call?

How about, instead of trying to explain to me why I cannot possibly be playing the game the way that I am actually playing it, you try to figure out what the reason is you don't want a class reset and put it into words? Because honestly, you don't know me, and you don't know what I do, so you can only take what I say on face value and assume it to be true. If I tell you I switch around what build I'm playing all the time, and that I play at least 4-5 different characters a day and about 15 different ones a week at a minimum, then no matter how much you may not believe it, you cannot disprove it. So all your argument boils down to is basically "You're a liar because that's not the way I play the game so therefore it CANNOT be the way you play it."

Grow up. If this update doesn't inconvenience you then it's ok, but then your opinion is neither valued nor needed here. You immediately put yourself in the category of "I don't want this even though it doesn't affect me either way, because fuck other people."
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

a) He never called you a liar. Not even close.
b) He never said that it is impossible that you play the game that way. He asked whether that is the way you play.
c) Telling people to grow up or calling them a "spiteful child" is inappropriate, even online. Please review your language.

I realize you do not value my opinion here, because it is not yours. However, I will give it anyway.

You asked for a reason why we do not support the idea of a class reset. Here it is: Character consistency. Levelling as a Shadow and playing as a Scion or levelling as a Marauder and playing as a Witch just feels wrong. Even more so because of the naming problem (for those people who care about their characters' names).

I already hate the passive tree resets, but see that they are necessary. I also think respeccing in this game is too easy / too cheap. When I started this game, I was under the impression that once you assign a passive point, it is assigned and stays assigned. I liked that.

Passive tree resets are necessary for technical reasons. So be it. Class resets are not. So please, no class resets.
Why do people ask for stuff they have absolutely no chance of getting? It's like when my wife asks if she can get me something from the store and I ask for a Ferrari.
"
Char1983 wrote:

You asked for a reason why we do not support the idea of a class reset. Here it is: Character consistency. Levelling as a Shadow and playing as a Scion or levelling as a Marauder and playing as a Witch just feels wrong. Even more so because of the naming problem (for those people who care about their characters' names).

I already hate the passive tree resets, but see that they are necessary. I also think respeccing in this game is too easy / too cheap. When I started this game, I was under the impression that once you assign a passive point, it is assigned and stays assigned. I liked that.

Passive tree resets are necessary for technical reasons. So be it. Class resets are not. So please, no class resets.

Despite all your feelings, there's nothing inherently wrong with a class reset, especially not a one-of that is in response to massive changes. GGG's design philosophy used to involve permanent choices, but that was a very long time ago, probably before they realized how often they would be balancing things and dumpstering people's characters. They've since at least partially moved on from that philosophy, and a one-of reset would not violate their current philosophy of offering one-of resets when they balance the tree.

I have to agree with Primordial here - if you oppose this suggestion for reasons other than technical implementability (as I imagine it would be somewhat difficult to code), you're [Removed by support] that just wants to see others suffer for not looking months/years into the future to see that GGG would change their stance on "everyone can be everything." The suggestion would not effect you in the slightest, but you feel it should be denied because you can't let go of GGG's old philosophy of 100% permanent choices.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Nov 25, 2015, 9:02:17 PM
No, I think it should be denied because it thematically sucks. Also, it would influence me cause I could change class on my characters. And I am not yet sure the builds I made on my characters will be ideal after all the ascendancy classes are revealed.

I will just, other than the TO, wait for the ascendancy classes to be revealed before I start complaining. Probably I will not complain afterwards either, because I will just adapt to the situation. As everyone has to.

GGG could also give a free Shavs, a few Mirrors and a stack of Exalts to everyone. It wouldn't influence you either, because you can just destroy them if you don't want to use them. Am I calling you a child because you probably are against this suggestion? No.

And yes, giving a free character class respec has influences on the economy, even though not as big ones as giving out free Mirrors.
"
Char1983 wrote:

Your "feelings" and "impressions" have no place affecting what other players get punished for. I said it before, and I will say it again.

"
Char1983 wrote:

And yes, giving a free character class respec has influences on the economy, even though not as big ones as giving out free Mirrors.

Those aren't even remotely the same thing. And no, it has absolutely 0 impact on the economy (even though Perm league economy is not one of GGG's concerns as has been made clear in the past). If you disagree, try to explain the impact.

On second thought, don't try. You have nothing of value to say and no real arguments to present. Not now, not ever. And no, your "feelings" are not arguments.

[Edited by support]

Last edited by Eben_GGG on Nov 25, 2015, 9:15:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info