Make remove-only tabs temporary - fixes several problems

My suggestion is making remove-only tabs which are created due to the leagues merging temporary.

After the passing of one month, the tab auto-deletes itself with all of its content.
Prior to deletion there could be several notifications sent through email, forum and ingame pms.

Exception to this rule are the tabs which are created from obtaining race rewards - those stay permanent.

This fixes a variety of problems:

a) Having a lot of remove-only tabs discourages people from purchasing new tabs, because people do so to increase inventory space, but if you have remove-only tabs then the new ones will just replace remove-only tabs, without giving any additional space.
This is probably the most important point, since potential tab sales are lost due to this problem.
b) It takes way too much time to clean up your stash if you have hundreds of remove-only tabs, so most people don't bother. With temporary tabs, you can just pick and relocate the most valuable items, and the excessive tabs will just auto-delete themselves with all the garbage loot, cleaning your inventory.
c) Temporary tabs enforce people to actually sort their inventory. Most people don't do that in standard, during multiple leagues, and then complain about having too much stuff to sort through. With temporary tabs the problem solves itself - either you sort your items or you lose them.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Nov 24, 2015, 10:32:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can only speak for myself... but you nailed it.

Seems like a nobrainer for a company except GGG. :>
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
I'm sure people who can't play PoE at the end of the league would love having all their stuff deleted. What about anybody in the military that gets deployed and can't log in for a period of time? What about anybody who moves and can't get internet for a period of time? What about anybody who goes to school and has finals and other obligations that keep them away from the game for periods of time? What about people with jobs who have to travel or have months where they can't play for a period of time? What about people who have to spend a period of time in a hospital? You're basically screwing over everybody that is not able to be online at the right time to organize their stash. Unless you allow moving stuff to permanent leagues whenever you want, you will be screwing people over just because their schedule and the leagues schedule don't match up.

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Nov 24, 2015, 10:41:44 AM
Then how about basing it on online time? Like, you have 12 "online hours" to empty your stash tabs.
^ ... what do these people do when they use other online services?
"unlimited time" isn't a feature you find everywhere... and how many people are exactly at the end of a temp league have to go off for several month?
The limit don't have to be "1 month" or less... but if someone can't get his stuff sorted in 3/6 month... sry, that are real exceptions and yeah THEY will suffer.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Nov 24, 2015, 10:48:57 AM
i'm ok with them deleting remove only tabs if they are sitting for over a month, but i can also understand why they don't...what i can't understand is why they have not added a line to the store page for new tabs, stipulating that remove only tabs will be converted first.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 24, 2015, 12:12:43 PM
What a terrible idea. I could see something like having an option to delete your remove only tabs, but outright deleting a lot of people's shit because you're too lazy to sort your own stash is incredibly selfish.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Yeah they won't delete players items for leaving stuff in remove only tabs. First of all race rewards anyone?

Second off if you don't let the problem build up then you don't have the problem, stop trying to fix a complaint about other users by forcing them to do anything differently. If they want to have a messy\unusable stash, so let them, how exactly does that effect you?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
kcstar wrote:
^ ... what do these people do when they use other online services?
"unlimited time" isn't a feature you find everywhere... and how many people are exactly at the end of a temp league have to go off for several month?
The limit don't have to be "1 month" or less... but if someone can't get his stuff sorted in 3/6 month... sry, that are real exceptions and yeah THEY will suffer.

Terrible attitude for business. GGG's business model is based on people coming and going for years, just like how people played d2. Someone having a bunch of messy tabs doesn't hurt you. Get over it.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Several problems with one month temp remove only tab idea:

1. Horders will quit (what do you mean I can't keep my stuff?!).
2. Valuable items could be dumped if you can't play for whatever reason.
   (real life may dictate that you are away for months)
3. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't save long term.
4. Keeping RO tabs permanently is not the reason we don't buy new ones.

The main reason more stash tabs are not purchased is the plain simple fact that there is no way to know which of my RO tabs will be converted and if a RO tab that is 100% full or nearly full is converted to full use then the cost of that tab has just been wasted. So the real reason more perm league storage space is not being bought by me (and many others) goes back several years to when GGG decided to change from adding the stash tab at the end as new storage to just randomly picking a remove only tab to convert to a normal tab. As temp leagues come and go over time I end up with more and more over 50% full RO tabs in my Standard League stash. If I buy a premium stash tab bundle on one of the weeekend sales events then the likelihood of my getting only half (or less) of what I paid $15.00 for is very high. So instead of getting 6 x 144 = 864 of new storage space I'm getting considerably less than that of real usable storage space. Add the insult of not getting to pick which RO tabs get converted (they're RNG picked) and I'm just gambling with my hard earned money. This should never happen.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 24, 2015, 1:11:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info