Put the Crafting back into Crafting. Good RNG vs Bad RNG

"
Vhlad wrote:
But PoE can. It's not surprising that some people aren't interested in saving 1500 fusing for a vorici recipe. It's boring and likely overwhelmingly expensive for many players. It also requires the capability to save. This is something over half the NA population (and like 100% of governments) can't even do (or choose not to do) in real life, based on debt ratios.

The time when players need the loot is while they enjoy playing and are earlier in the process, not the last month they are going to bother playing. The time when people need money is when they are young and want to start a family, not when they're 80 and have terminal cancer.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
Crazy how people defend the terrible loot and crafting system this game has. I pour 40 hours extra at work I have a few thousand dollars to show for it. I pour 40 hours into this game and I might get 3 trash uniques and gain half a level.

They defend it bcs have having fun while doing it and wanna troll.

Its not fun when you waste your jewellers (500+) and NOT 6 socket
Its not fun when you waste your fusings (2000+) and NOT 6 link
Its not fun when you waste your time and NOT create build (gear, levels, craft, etc)
Last edited by StrongWitchCraft on Dec 1, 2015, 6:56:34 PM
"
"
themrpid10 wrote:
Crazy how people defend the terrible loot and crafting system this game has. I pour 40 hours extra at work I have a few thousand dollars to show for it. I pour 40 hours into this game and I might get 3 trash uniques and gain half a level.

They defend it bcs have having fun while doing it and wanna troll.

Its not fun when you waste your jewellers (500+) and NOT 6 socket
Its not fun when you waste your fusings (2000+) and NOT 6 link
Its not fun when you waste your time and NOT create build (gear, levels, craft, etc)

I find it really disrespectfull of GGG Staff not answering feeds/suggestions relating to drop/rng.

Ofc they have alot todo i respect that but atleast 1 answer would give many hopes or not but in the end one would know what todo next.

GGG please give us a response, we would like to know what you think about all this, if you are even reading that is..
I like the idea of orbs that has chance of adding one extra hole in the equipments.

Think about it, logically it is more likely you don't punch a hole in a gear than filling a gear with 5 sockets back into 1 socket gear!
"
lugaluga wrote:
I like the idea of orbs that has chance of adding one extra hole in the equipments.

Think about it, logically it is more likely you don't punch a hole in a gear than filling a gear with 5 sockets back into 1 socket gear!

Or make jeweller orb and fusing orb do the same.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Up to 1900 fusing orbs on a Belly of the Beast. All "wasted" under the current system. Make player effort lasting!
I'd prefer GGG just to implement a proper crafting bench, instead of this diceroll bullshit.

How hard could it be to make a crafting bench? Like an anvil and a forge, go hunt for crafting materials, gather ore from mines and use that to craft everything from Whetstones to +% mods.
Obviously you'd need to level said crafting bench to get higher values - And obviously you'd have a %-failrate.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
The other thing to keep in mind is the way RNG is distributed. For every "lucky" crafter who ends up with a 6 (L/S) using only one or a few orbs there is an equally "unlucky" crafter who has burned thousands and thousands and ended up with nothing.

Something is a little odd about the system though. If the odds are say 1 in 1,000 to 6L, then someone getting 3 6Ls in a league should be extremely rare, yet you see streamers do it all the time.

Maybe something is actually broken with the system. The pessimistic conspiracy theorist in me thinks there is a non displayed lucky flag or attribute that GGG can set for preferred players.
Last edited by RockGod on Dec 6, 2015, 8:28:42 PM
"
RockGod wrote:
The other thing to keep in mind is the way RNG is distributed. For every "lucky" crafter who ends up with a 6 (L/S) using only one or a few orbs there is an equally "unlucky" crafter who has burned thousands and thousands and ended up with nothing.

Something is a little odd about the system though. If the odds are say 1 in 1,000 to 6L, then someone getting 3 6Ls in a league should be extremely rare, yet you see streamers do it all the time.

Maybe something is actually broken with the system. The pessimistic conspiracy theorist in me thinks there is a non displayed lucky flag or attribute that GGG can set for preferred players.

You right, and i can feel it myself. When i 6S/L, when farm maps, when roll maps, when drop map (No drop), when take damage, when try to leave from monsters, when try to roll T1 mod, when try to get wealth, when farm atziri always bad variant come.
In other end some streamers and lucky takes everything with out any troubles.

That's very wrong and should be changed, there should not be 1-10 Fusing/Jeweller to 6S/L and no 2000 Fusing/Jeweller to 6S/L never.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info