What's the most beginner-friendly LLD PvP build?

Balanced would also be nice. What do I mean by that?

I mean I want a build that isn't focused on winning all the time. Back in the D2 days I found PvP boring, because even though I always built for PvM, when dabbling in PvP my characters would always either mop the floor with the opponent (bone spear ftw), or get mopped. And it would depend on the build itself to a greater extent than my skill. Sometimes to a much greater extent. ;)

So I want something that lets me lose to a more skilled (as opposed to cheesier) opponent if possible. And win half the time, too, to the extent that I don't suck.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Background:
I'm interested in both HC and Standard (perm) dueling.
LLD = Low-Level Duel = lvl 28.
I'm self found but save low-level gear, so builds that depend on weird gear should be OK.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Pvp is not balanced in this game either, this is an ARPG after all.

High level pvp works as you described your problem with d2 pvp.

LLD is somewhat enjoyable (no op support gem combinations) but you still can find ppl who just spend tons of currency to have the best possible LLD gear.

So my advice is if you want a pvp game then you are at the wrong place, well at least this one is not pay to win.

I am really into good pvp games, but they don't exist anymore.
Last edited by krenderke on Nov 23, 2015, 9:04:26 AM
@krenderke

I hear you.

I just want to dabble. And would prefer a build that allowed me to fight without getting my ass handed to me all the time (as is currently the case for my PvM-optimized builds).

Also, as you pointed out, limiting it to low level gets rid of a lot of annoying cheese. I don't mind people who uber-optimize their LLD builds. They deserve to win, and if they are too challenging, I'll simply fight someone else. :)
Wash your hands, Exile!
Any ideas, people?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Can't help you on this, I'm grinding Leo in open class and I played LLPvP way back at the start when bear trap was da shit. If we were talking about high level, I'd suggest Incinerate, EA or PA for cheap PvP power (of course with PA you'll eat it versus CI chars), maybe Whispering Ice for a bit more cash or some CoC build. Really can't say for LL nor do I know anyone playing it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 24, 2015, 9:47:24 AM
What you could do in LLD is make multiple gem setups, since you don't have enough support gems to make a 6link setup at that level.

What comes into mind is damage over time, nobody has extreme regeneration so you could just melt them slowly, making them to use all of their flask charges.

Puncture (with bow), fire trap+bear trap, viper strike (dagger) and move out with whirling blades, probably there are some Elreon accesory for lower levels so you don't get yourself burnt out on mana oh and probably the most important thing for gear is to get resistance and health/ES.
Last edited by krenderke on Nov 24, 2015, 9:59:37 AM
Thanks for the ideas, guys! I'll see what I can whip up.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Suggestion: Get a Witch, Scion, and Duelist each to level 28 and complete all gem reward quests through Act 3 in order to get access to all more-or-less-appropriately-leveled gems that are reasonable for use in LLD (you can also use, technically, Portal, Detonate Mines, Empower, Enhance, and Enlighten, which will not be available for purchase with this setup, but these are not actually very good picks).

Unless you have a lot of currency to get a lot of good, various gear setups, don't bother with trying to follow the metagame of PvP, it's not going to stay the same. Just start with a build, queue into PvP, and keep tweaking your build against your opponents until you start finding out what you can do against certain opponents and, hopefully, eventually, start winning. Starting with a Bow Ranger is probably going to be for the best since basically every Bow Ranger builds the exact same way and you won't have to spend Regret orbs to change your build around.
Last edited by XCodesLIVE on Nov 25, 2015, 1:39:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info