Talisman league ballista totem

Guys, ive read the list of new skills coming in new talisman league. I got interested in the new balista totem skill, started wondering if it is possible to use it as main sklil. What do you think is the skill just too much inferior due to 50% less attack speed or can i use it as main sklil? Any ideas what character, crit/non crit and so on.
Last edited by Berserker77 on Nov 23, 2015, 4:24:33 AM
we dont have enough information yet to tell if it is going to be next incinerate/flameblast or skill that will be never used.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 23, 2015, 8:26:38 AM
Just wondered if 140% base dmg and 50% attack speed can be better than ranged attack totem with any skill
"
Berserker77 wrote:
Just wondered if 140% base dmg and 50% attack speed can be better than ranged attack totem with any skill

I'd say it would be about on par dps-wise with a single target skill like Barrage or Burning arrow plus RAT, however you get free 100% pierce and save a socket on totem.

The trouble is you don't need it for single target if you're using it as a main so the question is, say, how would Ballista + GMP compare with Split arrow + RAT + pierce as the closest equivalent. Dps would be roughly on par again, however ballista keeps one socket advantage and there's also that unique I saw somewhere that lets you place an additional ballista per X dextarity, it could be a strong build I reckon.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Iron Commander bow, right near the bottom. That thing looks amazingly fun (I also keep calling it the Bear Commander :/ ). You wouldn't need to use Ancestral Bond, so you can still use Skills yourself too. Really hoping to find one in the Ascendancy leagues.
I think ballista totem could just use one jewel for 2 additional projectiles instead of gmp. 2x totem with 3 always pierce projectiles could be usefull. Also drill neck will boost dmg. This bow have low dmg and with normal bow i think you would kill enemies faster without wasting time to summon 8 totems :D i just wonder if i should invest globally in tree and go non crit, or go mainly into ranger area and take crit nodes too.
@raics, necromancer ballista commander. Think about it.

Also a question regarding this particular skill. Does increased AOE also increase the "detection radius" of your totems?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
@raics, necromancer ballista commander. Think about it.

Also a question regarding this particular skill. Does increased AOE also increase the "detection radius" of your totems?

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh, I'm thinking about all kinds of stuff, but I'll wait to see the final shape of these subclasses first before making any hard plans :)

I'm fairly sure totem sight range isn't affected by AoE boosts. There were problems long ago with totems being able to hit targets with, say, full AoE scaled Ice Nova but not even trying to. We had totem range passives for some time but they kinda sucked so devs gave them very high sight range instead.

"
raics wrote:

Oh, I'm thinking about all kinds of stuff, but I'll wait to see the final shape of these subclasses first before making any hard plans :)

But But! :) Think about this one, Mistress of sacrifice + beacon of corruption and spirit eater and the siege commander unique with snakebite gloves :O!

"

I'm fairly sure totem sight range isn't affected by AoE boosts. There were problems long ago with totems being able to hit targets with, say, full AoE scaled Ice Nova but not even trying to. We had totem range passives for some time but they kinda sucked so devs gave them very high sight range instead.

It's honestly been a while since i played anything totem based other then flame for leveling. I remember the aggro range being extremely demotivating for certain builds though.

Additional question while reading the "spirit eater" passive in the necromancer ascendancy class. The wording does not seem to prevent it to stack? The limit is 4 seconds, but nothing indicates stacking multiple instances is prohibited?

Hmmm, to much theory-craft potential at the moment hmmfff.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Hmm, I don't really think it would be too good, Ballista is no minion and if you go left side for that build you need to waste jewel slots on converting int to dex. I'd stick to right side for tons of dex and poison bonuses if I wanted to see porcupines bristling with poisoned javelins. Also, that's where bow passives are, I've got a bow necro and getting decent dps with your attacks sucks :)

I'm thinking Point blank would also be nice for that build, who cares if your ballistae get ganged upon and they won't be shooting much offscreen either way. They could also use that 100% crit at close range from deadeye.

I don't think spirit eater will stack, the default for buffs is not to stack so it would say 'you and your minions get 30% inc damage for every corpse consumed' or something like that.

Last edited by raics on Nov 23, 2015, 1:37:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info