[Help] Dual Wield Frenzy w/ Phase Run - Duelist/Ranger build

Hi there,

I'm theorycrafting a Dual Wield Frenzy w/ Phase Run Duelist/Ranger build and I came up with 2 possible builds, Crit and Non Crit.

I'd like to know your opinion and possible changes/improvements to the builds you may think of, thanks.

Crit - Passive skill tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy1fOYrwxILpRrkdvqewq2VNvTZHfoTZY3BgQRHVV5daGsMzQzFTu7_VBS107drBeu_Tby5TGlVhIYTv5cX1Rhx4Aec26BRNGJG8n_xLDjw6Ut-_Jbzgw9tPwYshYNP8CVjbpymldPEUdRjbtyKcxOXmd9fYYNctSQ9YdXSgBiBbrwAGYnkV9g2NSn3jn4d2Z6BEnvzFCpt46-4Oo4pMYJVmBLEDhxut7-PTfv66fXUZjgBe7YObjQguTZIj9jB8jX0CEaPnRNIDJ9RSUUf_3iT951S95j7P7T831F6Ljb_d54O9F9wGog==

Non Crit - Passive skill tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy1fOYrwxIKwq76n6Ua9NmVNR36E2WBBEdVjcFeXQzHDM1oaIWAppXTx2sEFLXTteu8UTQHnNugaVWEhhO8Ykbyf_EsOPDpS378lvODD209KfeOfh3YNjVuvFHUY22eg028uU7cinMTl5tct2GB310kPCpt46_zF7g6jiiP2TZKNfVFHMHztPzfUveY-z4O9XouNv93n5cX1Rhx4pcsM8rTFwuwFtZ2qYqxsjGwI2-fxigIRo-dE0gMn1FLT_AlY26fBi7kdU7u_1UxgBLGVZgOHG63v49N-fXX-ugBeGY7tgwgum41Eng==

Gear and Gems

As for Gear I'm not really sure what kind of Uniques might suit best Frenzy skill and charges. The idea is to be tanky, hit really fast and gain tons of life.

So, a possible 6L might be:
Frenzy, Multistrike, Life Gain on Hit, Melee Splash, Fortify, Faster Attacks/Melee Physical Damage (not sure if in that order of priority)

We could use Phase Run with Cast When Damage Taken to increase melee physical damage, movement speed, be able to walk through monsters and decrease 80% visibility which can reduce the amount of damage we take by been attacked less times.

Also, on both builds, we are 2 points away from an addiontal Endurance Charge. We could have Endurance charge on melee stun linked to Vengeance to gain extra defenses.

Not sure if the Critical Strike build using Herald of Ice could replace Melee Splash, what do you think?

Thanks for your help! ^^

Last edited by Rohak on Nov 25, 2015, 4:00:37 AM
Bump for help =P
So I run Phase Run on my Frenzy/Cyclone Ranger for fun and I've noticed a few things.

With 8 frenzy charges and using lvl 20 increased duration I can't keep up the damage boost of Phase Run permanently. I'm fairly certain I could keep it up with 9 charges but I can't say for sure.

The problem I think I have is multi-hit. It may make you attack fast as hell but you only gain 1 Frenzy charge per three swings. It's faster to gain charges without using multi-hit.

I'm not sure using it with CWDT is a good idea because you want the max duration but it might work depending on the lvl of gems and how often you get hit. Come to think of it you've inspired me to test this when I get home.

Using Blooddance and/or Blood Rage might really help if you kill fast enough but honestly the attack speed and attack damage boost from Frenzy is huge.

To me the Phase Run damage boost seems counter-intuitive when you could just stay at max Frenzy charges the whole time.

Sorry for the scattered reply I'll fix it up at home.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info