ITT we guess what Scion's Ascendancy class will be like

or alot of iir and iiq nodes
my english sux.
Jewel sockets would make sense. Gem sockets would kind of be interesting, but also borderline broken. Six big nodes, one themed after each other character class, would kind of make sense and be my guess at the moment.

Free choice of any other ascendancy class would kinda suck, because it would make the Scion kind of even more popular. Don't think Scion needs a buff. I could imagine that if you have to spend two points to get there, basically reducing your ascendancy points to four rather than six, but I am not sure I like that idea. Completely free choice - I would be very disappointed.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Gem sockets would kind of be interesting, but also borderline broken.

Yeah, it may seem so, but is it really?

If you think about it, two extra sockets in normal-cruel won't be terribly impactful, four sockets you will have in cruel-merci are kinda nice because you don't have to worry about them when switching gear or roll sockets as much, when playing a self-found starter char it gets extremely annoying because you usually don't have a piece of gear that will last you until endgame, as you often do when you twink it or trade. Now, a 6L will come when it's the most useful, just when you start thinking of replacing a tabby with something that actually has stats on it.

There are serious downsides, though.
- You lose powerful passive bonuses of other classes. Not many chests will offer anything comparable and the only chest which will actively synergize has only 500 life and some fire damage, so it would be like wearing a tabby and having an ascendancy that gives you 500 life.
- Not very appealing to players that can afford a chest of choice with a 6L, you don't often need more than one skill in a 6L.

The latter disadvantage would actually reinforce Scion's role as a hybrid char as opposed to a specialized one, builds that mix spells, attack or summons in some ratio have serious problems to support a higher number of skills properly without using a 2Hander, which isn't always recommended as they also tend to have serious problems in either offense or defense and need to squeeze every last drop of potential from there. Ever wanted to make a true attack-spell hybrid with two catalysts? It would be a pretty solid option with this.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hate to correct you Dalailama, but your holy abstinence of all earthly sins
maybe has left you with tiny lack of knowledge on particular topics.
Just a tip: If it gots a hole between the legs, its not a Incubus, but called Succubus.

As the keyword:Daughter of some noblemans, possibly of vaalic bloodline, she
may very well be into bartering with souls and exquisite gemcraft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Char1983 wrote:

not necessary. speaking about 6link armor piece, usually 5 support gems are best ones chosen from all support gems and 6th support gem in ascendancy tree naturally will be worse than previous 5 supports.

For example, duelist ascendancy slayer tree has basically free melee splash support gem in there.

Maybe by limiting what kind of gems can be inserted would be a way of balancing it.
2 ascendancy points for each 3 different subclasses of their choice.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Nov 24, 2015, 12:26:25 PM
"
Andrius319 wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

not necessary. speaking about 6link armor piece, usually 5 support gems are best ones chosen from all support gems and 6th support gem in ascendancy tree naturally will be worse than previous 5 supports.

For example, duelist ascendancy slayer tree has basically free melee splash support gem in there.

Maybe by limiting what kind of gems can be inserted would be a way of balancing it.

A free 6L will be too op. It basically means all one hand melee life builds will have the option to wear kaom's heart. 500 or even 1000 more base life? I will take that. Free 6 non-linked gem sockets are more reasonable.
Last edited by LBJames on Nov 24, 2015, 4:44:59 PM
"
free 6L will be too op. It basically means all one hand melee life builds will have the option to wear kaom's heart. 500 or even 1000 more base life? I will take that.

Over all those funky bonuses other subclasses are getting? That could be discussed at considerable length.

My main concern with that is Scion would be too popular as a starter, self-found or a poor man option and too unpopular with wealthy players. Also that its hybrid potential would mostly go unused because there would still be little reason to play such a build.

Yeah, it would be controversial at best and considerably risky. I would very much like to know if devs discussed it as an option at some point or is it too far-fetched after all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 24, 2015, 5:03:24 PM
My guess would be 12 different notables. 6 pairs, all attached to the starting position.

Each notable pair represents an identity of a class, with the first node in the pair being a set of small bonuses and the notable being a strong identity mechanic. In that way, a Scion can (roughly) emulate being three classes at once.

ex.
start -> (ipd, life%, armor%) -> Marauder (+100 strength)
start -> (elemental%, regen%) -> Templar (elemental leech)
start -> (mana regen, spell damage) -> Witch (more cast speed)
... and so on.

(Not clever enough to fully form/balance this idea aside from the basic shape.)
Last edited by pneuma on Nov 24, 2015, 7:25:26 PM
"
Lachdanan wrote:
Hate to correct you Dalailama, but your holy abstinence of all earthly sins
maybe has left you with tiny lack of knowledge on particular topics.
Just a tip: If it gots a hole between the legs, its not a Incubus, but called Succubus.

I started the idea with the scion as a succubus (hard to miss the gender with any D&D or Diablo 1 experience), but as I did a little looking to try and find some appropriate skills, I realized the incubus and succubus were the same beast, just changing genders depending on their victim's 'tastes'. Since the scion is ascending - of course she will become a higher life form - so the choice was either make her ascendant class male (:P) or a brunette.

I do hope that GGG takes the scion in some completely new direction, rather than a Jill of all trades.

I wonder how much funding GGG would generate if they had a "bloodstar" type skill and Red Vex/Black Jade MTX look for the scion?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 25, 2015, 6:12:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info