100% block spell perk on Gladiator lol

"
krenderke wrote:

As a lot mentioned before you, perma fortify can be used on ranged and caster builds, who could normally not get it.
Come on it is not so hard to realise this by yourself.

"
whitified wrote:

Am i the only one who thinks that permanent fortify is really weak for melee?
"
whitified wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:

As a lot mentioned before you, perma fortify can be used on ranged and caster builds, who could normally not get it.
Come on it is not so hard to realise this by yourself.

"
whitified wrote:

Am i the only one who thinks that permanent fortify is really weak for melee?

"Hm this looks good for every non melee build, lets complain about it being not the best melee subclass option."

"Am I the only one who noticed an obvious thing?"
İts not op bro you see there is almost not any class with shield +1h with nice clear speed with block other than that the 4th point of you just go direclty to defence this means you have low damage and you can't get anymore even from here when it comes to unarmed or wings of entropy they also rely on block but they cant use %5 attack speed I think thats pretty weak 1% block for 1 point not cool
Last edited by blocker2 on Nov 25, 2015, 8:18:47 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
It's quite hilarious for following reasons

1. OP as hell
2. It semi-forces 1h shield players to play a duelist
3. Gladiator concept is not matched to the mysterious magic blocker

It's completly pointless for following reasons:

1. The game won't be balanced around players having to have 100% spellblock
2. Given the choice between more DPS to kill things faster or survivabilty to survive DPS'ing slowly more offensive DPS is the way to go.

Therefor it's bad.
Last edited by DasName on Nov 25, 2015, 8:27:46 AM
are people serious? endless munitions is not THAT big of a deal. +1 arrow? big woop. you can have LMP or GMP (or even both) OR split arrow which is amazing in and of itself. +1 arrow will not allow you to bypass any of those.

what is by far better than endless munitions is far shot. 30% MORE damage just for playing your role and staying safe by keeping distance? ummm yes please. point blank is great, but the drawback is to get close. Far shot essentially gives you a free 30% MORE damage. this is much more added DPS than +1 arrow will give you.

that entire ranger sub-class however seems to be extremely beneficial to poison arrow builds, so im really curious how they'll change that skill in order to maintain its balance. otherwise builds will essentially get much more damage, bigger clouds, and more clouds for pretty much free.

100% block to spell block is extremely powerful. i definitely think it will be reworked before release. the only other way to get 100% block to spell block was with multiple uniques taking up multiple slots. now you can have your most amazing shield, keep your dps/amazing amulet, and just spec this..........wow
"
xMustard wrote:
are people serious? endless munitions is not THAT big of a deal. +1 arrow? big woop. you can have LMP or GMP (or even both) OR split arrow which is amazing in and of itself. +1 arrow will not allow you to bypass any of those.

what is by far better than endless munitions is far shot. 30% MORE damage just for playing your role and staying safe by keeping distance? ummm yes please. point blank is great, but the drawback is to get close. Far shot essentially gives you a free 30% MORE damage. this is much more added DPS than +1 arrow will give you.

that entire ranger sub-class however seems to be extremely beneficial to poison arrow builds, so im really curious how they'll change that skill in order to maintain its balance. otherwise builds will essentially get much more damage, bigger clouds, and more clouds for pretty much free.

100% block to spell block is extremely powerful. i definitely think it will be reworked before release. the only other way to get 100% block to spell block was with multiple uniques taking up multiple slots. now you can have your most amazing shield, keep your dps/amazing amulet, and just spec this..........wow

Is it going to be 100% of your block value is applied to spell block as well as normal block or is going to be your 100% of your block value is going to be applied to spell block instead of normal block?
One is OP the other is not.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Nov 25, 2015, 12:35:16 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:14:03 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

Is it going to be 100% of your block value is applied to spell block as well as normal block or is going to be your 100% of your block value is going to be applied to spell block instead of normal block?
One is OP the other is not.

I'm not sure what the difference between the two cases you listed so I'll just give you some examples.

If you have 50% block and 0% spell block taking "Versatile Combatant" you will end up with 50% block and 50% spell block.

If you have 50% block and 25% spell block taking "Versatile Combatant" you will end up with 50% block and 75% spell block.

If you have 50% block and 50% spell block taking "Versatile Combatant" you will end up with 50% block and 75% spell block (unless you increase cap).

He is asking if the node functions like a conversion.

Which would imply you would be left with 0% regular block after the conversion occurs.

To answer that question, no it will not be a conversion. And no it will not be OP.
(note : only out-liner of that would be aegis aurora full block, but even in that case you would forgo a lot of offense to make it happen)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
GodKas wrote:
It's quite hilarious for following reasons

1. OP as hell
2. It semi-forces 1h shield players to play a duelist
3. Gladiator concept is not matched to the mysterious magic blocker

I'm going to make duelist caster... ggg what you smoke?
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Duelist fallows daresso's example. Daresso is a mage which summons flying swords, and make unavoidable attacks or is it spells which cannot be avoided?:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info