100% block spell perk on Gladiator lol

"
holocaustus wrote:
What if... mobs' spells get block penetration? :O

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Block_Chance_Reduction
The mechanic is already there. Why not?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Oh. Well, the choice of either 23+% cast/move speed or 28+% to both block chances and 81+ life gain on block, is still extremely strong. It's not nearly as OP as I thought but still probably stronger than shield-related nodes for other ascendancy classes like Gladiator. So still kinda nuts.

I'm super tempted to make a Block/Life Witch and just hard-cast Bone Offering to get 700+ Life on Block... BO scales extremely hard with levels. Although to be fair, I'm also betting we'll be seeing Bone Offering change with the release of Ascendancy classes for precisely this bullshit.
How is this any diff from the ingame items we have now... you can get like close to 100 spell block as it is

Making it take less shit items to work is best thing PoE could do making it take more shit items is the wrong thing to do
"
Lynerus wrote:
How is this any diff from the ingame items we have now... you can get like close to 100 spell block as it is

Making it take less shit items to work is best thing PoE could do making it take more shit items is the wrong thing to do

the difference is being able to skip rathpith and stone of lazhwar. you can get massive amounts of armor and 6% block chance from your shield alone. and possible extra damage/life/resists from your amulet. so basically you have no drawback for going spell block anymore.

the bonus block chance on shields frees some skillpoints, too.
"
"
Lynerus wrote:

the difference is being able to skip rathpith and stone of lazhwar. you can get massive amounts of armor and 6% block chance from your shield alone. and possible extra damage/life/resists from your amulet. so basically you have no drawback for going spell block anymore.

the bonus block chance on shields frees some skillpoints, too.

It's still a trade-off since your forgoing the other ascendancy options.

Its not cool to view these changes/options in a vacuum.

Is it strong? Yes, it very much is. Is it free? Nope it is not. It will be interesting to see what builds go for this route and which will stick with the old rathpith/stone/rainbowstrides combination in favor of another ascension tech.

Very much looking forward to it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
Yeah, AFAIK they override each other. For example, if you cast Bone Offering and then cast Flesh Offering, Bone Offering goes away.

Confirming; the already existing Offering will simply vanish, similar to how you can have only one Totem by default. Having both on separate CwDTs would be mighty awkward I imagine :P
And, yeah, Necromancer actually looks quite good for not-a-Minion-build. Really curious to see what shenanigans this stuff will allow..
Oh. Well, the choice of either 23+% cast/move speed or 28+% to both block chances and 81+ life gain on block, is still extremely strong. It's not nearly as OP as I thought but still probably stronger than shield-related nodes for other ascendancy classes like Gladiator. So still kinda nuts.

offering + Rumi's could be a thing

looking forward to non-minion Necromancers (Traitors!)
I need more purple titles
Anvil OP
I need a signature to look legit
It's trash. Nothing to see here. Move along.
"
GodKas wrote:
It's quite hilarious for following reasons

1. OP as hell
2. It semi-forces 1h shield players to play a duelist
3. Gladiator concept is not matched to the mysterious magic blocker

How's that different from most subclasses? Everything shown so far is either garbage or OP AF, and forces you to play some skill or build as a specific class. Hurry up and get that oversized 2h Duelist of yours to 100 before ascendancy.

P.S. It is hilarious, indeed.

100% .. does that mean they nerf the hell out of blocknodes (again)?

if not it is OP as hell. playing a MJ/AEGIS tank and with this gladiator perk my build would get so much stonger as it allready is. lol.

lol.

wtf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info