100% block spell perk on Gladiator lol

The permanent fortify effect from Champion is pretty amazing too. That 4 point arc gives a permanent fortify which has 20% increased effect, as well as a permanent 10% attack speed and 8% movespeed. Those are some pretty insane bonuses, and it frees up a gem slot on your main attack skill too.

Im honestly not sure which might be more used for a tanky spec out of the two.
"
Grimmhammer wrote:
The permanent fortify effect from Champion is pretty amazing too. That 4 point arc gives a permanent fortify which has 20% increased effect, as well as a permanent 10% attack speed and 8% movespeed. Those are some pretty insane bonuses, and it frees up a gem slot on your main attack skill too.

Im honestly not sure which might be more used for a tanky spec out of the two.

Should you link a fortify gem with your main melee skill, you can already have semi-perma fortify effect
Last edited by GodKas on Nov 21, 2015, 7:13:46 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
Should you link a fortify gem with your main melee skill, you can already have semi-perma fortify effect

Yes, but then you have a bad Support on your main Skill. It's fine for Cyclone because it's fucking Cyclone and it deals far too much Damage anyways, but most other Melee skills rather like having Melee Phys and shit like that.
I can definitely see why permaFort would be preferrable, honestly.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 21, 2015, 7:30:03 AM
The perma fortify will allow some interesting Duelist bow builds unless I'm misunderstanding it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 21, 2015, 7:57:59 AM
I always thought it was a little silly that physical-damage-oriented classes had to use, for instance, Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstrides if they wanted any decent amount of spell block. Those items that add spell block have nothing to do with the physical damage playstyle. The 100% spell block perk corrects that, and as other people have already said, you still have to work your way to acquiring block chance, which is still hard.
The reason the spell block and perma-fortify are such powerful nodes is they aid survivability.

Most good builds deal plenty of DPS, more than enough to kill enemies. Extra DPS is fun overkill. The real issue is surviving the responses, especially as melee.

So having maybe 50% of spells blocked - without any gear constraints - is huge (I'm assuming there is some block reduction on the tree... who knows?). If trigger gems will work on the spell block, even better.
The Fortify is weaker, but permanent 20% reduced damage taken from hits is still great. I don't know if it applies before or after armour, before would be stronger but who knows. And does the Rampart cluster still work with this perk, maybe?
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Varana wrote:
The Fortify is weaker, but permanent 20% reduced damage taken from hits is still great. I don't know if it applies before or after armour, before would be stronger but who knows. And does the Rampart cluster still work with this perk, maybe?

24%, actually; it also comes with 20% Increased Fortify Effect :) Rampart will further amplify it; Fort is still Fort, whether it is permanent or not.
Fort is calculated after Armour.
the permanent fortify buff is crap. if you would see it independent of the other asc classes it seems strong, but compared to godmode hunger, 100% spell block, or free 40%block spell block for witches etc it is shit.

it is a flat damage reduction buff and many builds can take advantage of it already, making it a niche for bow characters or casters (lol duelist caster). but even as a bow user you will be better off being a slayer due to godmode hunger. 30% dmg reduction compared to 30% of maxlife leeched per second no matter what.
Definitely quite strong, and would be very nice for low-life builds and especially hybrid builds. However, I have a feeling that given how far out this content is going to be, the numbers are going to go through a few balance passes and will likely be reduced. Of course, always the chance that they won't be, but methinks they will.
I've been wondering if the 100% block chance to spell block would be better for me or the permanent fortify.
I have 16k armor and ~50% chance to block currently, so the question is:

24% reduced damage overall or ~50% spell block chance

I really like the thought of 24% reduced damage in general (and because Abyssus), but when I think about how I die now, it's usually from getting overwhelmed by spells. If I had blocked half the spells I would live, but taking 24% reduced damage from them might not have helped. Thoughts?

(Also, consider the Champion node "Status Ailments are removed when you reach low life" as well which can save lazy people from frozen and corrupting blood deaths)
Last edited by raycray on Nov 21, 2015, 10:06:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info