PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

Help with Flamblast Build for upcoming Talisman HC League

Hi folks,

I'm playing around with thoughts of making a tanky flameblast templar for the next league.
Its "inspired" from my old 1.2 block/fb build.

Skilltree

My aims for this build:

- getting fast through general game content and to maps
- cheap
- tanky
- good enough at clearing trash and bosses
- have I said tanky?

My concerns (with the build tree at it is)

- mana management
- viable at all? (no crit, no special burning setup)
- Progression after early 70's maps

So I'm asking the therory-craft pro's here, what do you think?

ty, Hunwulf
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

It should be viable, it's exactly what I played for Tempest. I died at level 84 against temple piety on a stuttering laptop, but was clearing maps until then very easily with a 4L setup (faster casting-incr aoe-life leech).

I recommend EE applied by a ball lightning curse on hit (i used enfeeble and temp chains, no offensive curses here either), and I spent a couple of points into mana as well to go MoM and be able to cast flameblast. No problems at all. Had 220% life I think from the tree, plus cloak of flame and 3 end charges. With the curses very tanky.

My tooltip was 1.3k i believe, with a bit of cast speed from the tree it took just over a second to fully charge it, so about 13k dps over the whole screen, on a 3L damage. Easy to level with as well, all self-found. Go for it!
I have quite similar tree on my RF templar:
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAW6BDyE8EfA6nVWjyogDwHxynDF_Grgthr2xTpcT2g188Ldi9_gq3PoPM-ehBhwn21HwGDiftz36tjdlhGS6RzpZsVw277Whl85uCB_JB0iF8uCku8axfPxo-FCDvDgUteu8S4dNvgscsnBEtfIPr7hzcuJMo-o8aU1JFnZrgeWjBBG87wBqpboTZAdx34702R36E76Lq2sF07S5TffX53YuMh2UQWJo74XPvfJ_fgpvVpu08ZlSFe-w4Jy862Bo4kFX-VA3NK1Aczq-nZKNhIQ==

Just a bit less dmg (~160% rather than your tree ~200%) but you get huge life regen and 5 more jewels slots so with that you can surely get more dmg and maybe some life.

I planned to use it with RF and flameblast but should also work fine with just flameblast. Also it is designed with blood dance boots in mind so without them you might need to take some additional node for dex
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 2, 2015, 10:39:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info