The new James Bond was kind of dissapointing.

At least in the storyline department. I know its hard to put together a story with space for enough actionscenes.

Not that James Bond films had ever good "villain"ian plots anyways.

Just think they kinda blew the possibilities with that one a bit.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
It's disappointing if you've already watched Spy or The Man from UNCLE and seen how good and fun a modern spy movie can be.

By James Bond standards I thought it was silly, but pretty par for the course. The opening oner during the Day of the Dead was great, then the rest of the movie just trampled old ground for a while.

It's interesting to see that the modern Bond films started out trying to reinvent Bond as something new and different, but with each one they've thrown out their innovations in favour of the old cliches.

Parkour is long gone, but Bond still orders martinis, introduces himself last-name first, and seduces every woman he meets despite an utter lack of chemistry, narrative logic or any sort of coherent character motivations.

Of course those things were lacking throughout the entire film, but I'd like to think in 2015 they would at least know to mix up the cliches in an interesting way. Perhaps even have Bond beat a villain without just getting absurdly lucky for once.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
One of the worst movies i've ever seen. Utter trash. Everything is so antique. Bond's behaviour. The jokes. The characters. The story. And even the okay intro-scene was just a mediocre version of children of men's godly one-shots. Nah. I never really liked bond. But this oh-so-serious-storylines and all that stuff really gave me the rest.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Sounds like I'd better watch Children of Men then.
Gameplay & Level Design
Daniel Craig has been quoted as saying that he'd rather slice his wrists with broken glass than return to the role. Also, the rights have lapsed, and that means that the franchise will now be up for the highest bidder. Combined, this means that it may be years before we get even a hint of the next Bond flick, and what that hint turns out to be may be something very different, if the new studio has a different vision of what they want this character and milieu to be. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Sounds like I'd better watch Children of Men then.

good movie made a classic by one extremely intense one-take scene.
I didn't like that movie either.

Spoiler
Like that scene where he is in this chair and gets drilled into his head.
That whole scene doesn't affect the movie in the slightest. It could not be in the movie and it would be the same. What? They drill into your brainarea for balance and orientation? No big, just run and shoot like the worldchampion 5 minutes later. They drill into your brainarea for memories? Nah, doesn't work, no explanation whatsoever.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
It was weird because the movie would have been so much more interesting if what they'd said would happen actually happened. Those are interesting plot hooks - why set them up if they're going to be dropped immediately?
Gameplay & Level Design
Sounds like Chekhov's Gun fired a blank. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Another thing

Spoiler
The "Smart Blood" did jack shit for the plot/movie. The car was seen for 2minutes and was crashed and forgotten maybe 20 minutes in. "Spectre", you know, the organisaion the movie was named after. A 5 - 10 minute scene with the "organisation" and after that it didn't even matter anymore.

God that movie was infuraiting.
I honestly considered keeping my eyes shut and sleep for the rest every now and then.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info