So I just got this.

Coupla questions:

1. Seriously, can I fish with it?
2. If so, where are the best fishing spots.
3. Do people actually buy this?

Last edited by Vranesh on Nov 17, 2015, 10:57:45 PM
As far as we know, fishing is just a continuing troll perpetrated by GGG. There might actually be ways to fish, but we haven't found them - every fishing-related discovery that has been made by the community so far has just been more trolling.

But yes, people do actually buy them. They're super rare. Although actually, there's been some dodginess in Darkshrine with being able to dupe Fishing Rods, so the market might be saturated the instant those events end and prices may already be coming down.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
OMG!!!

I can see in a near future pages and pages and more pages talking about how to fish...

XD

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
I remember back then when people are purportedly claim about the cow in diablo 1 around the farm area able to access certain secret level after being clicked several times. Though, it turns out it's not real.
Seeing the hype, Blizzard North created secret cow level in Diablo 2 after years to come.
I can see GGG wants us to believe in this and might eventually created one secret fishing area in the future. It might has existed somewhere in Wraeclast but who knows.
Will GGG relase threshold jewel for fishing?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
do you also have
??
"
CaoMengde wrote:
do you also have
??
He doesn't need it, look at the item in OP.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Gotcha... kinda bummed that I can't fish, but alright. Still pretty sweet! What do the albino Rhoa feathers mean?
The only known actual "use" for fishing rods is triggering Krillson's (the Master Fisherman) chain of quests. However, afaik nobody has ever been able to complete it.

Rhoa Feathers are in the same "category", i.e. mystery/troll items with no known use so far. ;-D
Wow. Huh. So this has been disappointing. I really hope that they implement fishing! It would be really cool to be able to hunt random parts of the map for places to fish... :/ I guess I'll just sell the rod then. Thanks to everyone for your input!

Also, I checked out some of the Krillson hype and it's pretty cool. I've never seen him, but maybe I'll run into him before I sell my rod...!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info