How do I sustain high level maps?

I'd like to eventually claw my way up to tier 15 maps, but the highest I've ever seen is tier 9 and I usually don't have higher than tier 4 or 5. It's frustrating because it seems you can only get tier 1 outside of maps themselves. Every once in a while I'll get a tier 6-9 map from a boss or rare, but then I use those up and I'm back to tier 4 or 5 and it's the longest time before I get anything higher.
I'm no pro at sustaining maps but this is the advice I've heard and what I try to do:

Run all of your low level maps, until they no longer give xp worth the time spent running them. Then save maps of that lvl until you can trade three for the next tier.

Always roll the highest quantity rarity that you can on your highest maps. Use chisels on your highest maps.

Roll something - anything - on every map that you run.

Put Atziri map fragments into the map device with your very best maps.

If a map is low enough to be no issue for your build but still gives xp, try running it unidentified.

You can also look into joining map groups. They'll want some type of payment to compensate for their map.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
Short answer you dont.

Slightly longer answer roll extra pack size on every map or buy them when you run out every other method is pure RNG.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
By using these on your Maps:

Mostly run zana everyday to get free maps.

Alyways drop at minimum an alch on every map. It will always be repaid while doing the map. If a map needs rerolled don't waste a chaos, just save the map for transmuting later on.

All the currency you save by not rerolling maps and stuff can be used to simply buy more maps.

It's totally not the direction I like, but also you should always host maps in your hideout and find a couple people to run them with as solo mapping is not nearly as rewarding as having a group.
"
It's totally not the direction I like, but also you should always host maps in your hideout and find a couple people to run them with as solo mapping is not nearly as rewarding as having a group.

But for this you need good group not random people who will not share currency to roll maps with you. getting Magic find build in party is also usefull.

Single alching should get you to T7 and T8 maps. Then you add chisels, sacrifice fragments and relrolling bad maps with chaos orbs.

If you find strongbox, roll 3 magic packs on it with orbs of alterations. You can buy ambush mod with Zana to get more strongboxes.

Get loot filter that make map drops more visible and add loud sound effect so you will not miss maps that drop offscreen.

use "/remaining" command in chat to check how many monsters is on map so you will not leave map with too many mobs left.

Run more maps.

Spoiler
Slightly longer answer roll extra pack size on every map or buy them when you run out every other method is pure RNG.

salty
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 16, 2015, 1:54:54 AM
You don't.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
You are not supposed to aim for high tier maps to begin with. They are the most expensive and most rare maps only for the most elite players.
I've been finding it impossible to sustain beyond tier 7 maps. I alch every tier 6-8 map, and will chisel + alch anything from tier 9+ but it's still impossible to sustain. I kill all bosses, but I'm still not getting high level maps to drop.
Thanks for the input. I honestly didn't know you could shove those Vaal fragments in with the map and increase the drop rate. I'm kicking myself, because I just learned they vary in rarity with Sacrifice at Midnight only appearing at a rate of 5%. I have a whole bunch of those fragments in my stash and I tried and failed the Apex of Sacrifice several times before realizing the composition of fragments I had. If I had noticed earlier, I would have waited for better gear to try it. I guess I can use the more common ones in the map device.
I'm also a little frustrated that I can't invite Zana to my hideout without losing my current masters' progress towards their next level. The ones in my hideout are all level 7, so it'll be a while before they level up.
Last edited by kjykjy1985 on Nov 16, 2015, 1:53:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info