Why is my Templar Freeze tree such a fail?

HI

I'm interested in a new build as MFing with my mf duelist is getting tedious.

just looked at build of the week- freezing pulse icespear totem which looks pretty cool.

I tried a cold build and if you check out my lvl 50 Templar tree you can see it. But a kind guy said that the tree was useless as had no mana nodes. And said the build was appalling and a complete fail. This is my build and it's listed in the Templar builds list - I've copied the build, so how have I fu***ed up? - the build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1369997

BTW started a facebreaker marauder and its as exciting as watching paint dry.
Is facebreaker ever fun or just a dulewield double-fister:
is a facebreaker build just like DW build with no weapons.

TYVM

Turnip

Last edited by Turniphead2 on Nov 15, 2015, 2:22:24 PM
1. Resolute technique stop you from crit and you always hit. Don't take it for spells. Your spells always hit anwyway. If you want to freeze with ice spear you need to get crit.
Guy from guide got freeze chance on gem not from crit. In guide you take RT to baypass cold snap cool down.

2. Ice spear is bad skill, very bad.

3. Take mana ragen if you don't have enough mana to cast spells constantly

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 15, 2015, 3:33:51 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

It's fun though! My hipster full glass cannon crit cold witch uses ice spear to clear level 76 areas with ease.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

It's fun though! My hipster full glass cannon crit cold witch uses ice spear to clear level 76 areas with ease.

It is also probably possible to make searing bond + lightning warp triple totem. yet these skills aren't super good.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 15, 2015, 6:12:31 PM
Thanks for the responses.

So should I not take - Resolute technique?

Also considering arctic breath, but hear freezing pulse is more powerful.

Guess I'll try all the cold attack skill gems and see which ones work best.

And I'll try for some mana regen nodes.

Thinking of taking this build ...

Was thinking of a freezing pulse - ice spear-totem build (that was in build of the week)

or

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1173961

TY

Turnip

Last edited by Turniphead2 on Nov 16, 2015, 9:13:14 AM
Ice builds are about control and not damage if all the mobs are frozen they cant hurt you and you can kill them at your leisure.If you understand that and build accordingly they are ok not a top build by any stretch but usable.

"Blue warrior shot the food"
I would rather use cold snap instead of ice spear.

"

ice spear: don't take RT

cold snap: take RT
duplicated post
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 16, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I would rather use cold snap instead of ice spear.

"

ice spear: don't take RT

cold snap: take RT

thanks a lot

Turnip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info