Looking for some insight on a death (Inspired learning caused?)

yeah SC, who cares
level 98 scion, playing Mjolner+volls+kinsguard+devotos+call of brotherhood+romiras+rainbowstrides+doryani's belt+rathpith. LS for mobs, MS for upclose
determination+wrath
5200 life
50% armor
capped res

in arid lake (why level 6 map when I'm level 98? well, my map drops suck. I digress)
Mods were temp chains, monsters gain endurance charges, magic monsters.

was melee range MS'ing a yellow monster, died in like .0004 seconds. No reflect on the monster I was facing (nor on any in the area, put my mouse over them). was not on corpses (no DD). No corrupting blood (I have staunchings, and I'm no noob, my eyes are trained to see the red blips and the rapid health degen for that). I DID have an inspired learning jewel socketed, I'm wondering if I picked up some monster mob that would have WEAKENED me? I didn't even think that was possible. I was using Vaal grace, too

any thoughts appreciated, trying to prevent this from happening.

I actually got up to like 45% XP a week or so ago, then died to 3 BS things (couple of them were my fault, 1 was connection related or some other BS). So I respecced into RT version and buffed my defenses a lot. Yet I still die. Back down to 9% XP now. I should probably take a break from the game but I just can't let things like this go until I achieve my goals.

Hard to say without a screenshot of the monsters and your build hidden. Don't think the jewel could give you a mod that would kill you though. Lightning thorns is the only other reflect effect I think, which could be a problem with as often as your build hits. Were you cursed at the time not counting map mod curse)?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Hard to say without a screenshot of the monsters and your build hidden. Don't think the jewel could give you a mod that would kill you though. Lightning thorns is the only other reflect effect I think, which could be a problem with as often as your build hits. Were you cursed at the time not counting map mod curse)?

I don't think I was cursed. I was sitting there attacking and my health went bvwhoop! It was like a typical death to reflect, except no mobs said the they had reflect.
yeah sorry no screen shot.
I just replaced iron will with life leech...doesn't seem to make any difference in terms of clear speed of my life pool. But I figured I should try to be as conservative as possible.
Oh, and I wasn't drunk when I was playing earlier today, either, so it's not like I was distracted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info