Help me with my CoC Ranger

Hey guys,
recently i respec't my Tornado Shot Ranger to CoC.
It's really fun and the dps is insane - there is 1 problem however: reflect.

So i was thinking about getting a bit more effective HP, and i was wondering if i should either change my quiver to Rearguard for the Blockchance (does block work against reflect?), or equip a Asphyxia's Wrath with Cold leech or do smth eniterly different, In either case i would spec out of pierce and have some passiv points to spend,

Anyway: I'd be glad for some advice how to become a bit tougher (jewlery is being upgraded soon).

Equip:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgW1BiMILg2NFHUWvxmKGY4ajRqPH0EhdiLqI_YknST9JpUqCypbMHEwfDH6Nj031DnUOkJDNkV8SQ9KfUtXS3hNklFHUuxVS1b6WyZbr13yXkVfsGHiYlpirGegbIxtbG-eb_JwUnDVdvd3B3fXefZ_K3_7gl6ExYbOhxOHdonTjAuMNo19jb-QCpLzlwaXl5uNm7WcpJ2qoJ-v67Q4tMW1SLl8wOPBM8LswzrEospKzerTftQj1orXLdhg3ajfmOOf5RnnVOjW6xTssO0_7YPxs_Pq9tr66_sJ-_X_3g==
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Nov 15, 2015, 5:21:30 AM
Well,take Vaal Pact in the passive tree,you're next to it.Then,change a bit your main skill setup to:
Barrage + Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles + Life Leech + Cast on Critical + Arctic Breath + Arc/Fireball/Magma Orb
Also,enchant your life flasks so they have "Surgeon's" mod.That should fix reflect issues.
In case it didn't use trap setup,some like:
Puncture + Trap + Slower Projectiles + Point Blank + Physical Projectile Attack Damage
block wont work against spell damage, ud need spell block. Try putting warlords mark in your cwdt, see if the leech helps mitigate, if not then maybe look at using a leech gem with vp etc like BLB suggests.
Thx for the input guys.
I think I'll go with the Vaal Pact, Warlords Mark idea and see if that fixes the problem.
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Not sure how reasonable this will be to add to your build, but I currently play Spectral Throw CoC and I use a combination of high resists + life on hit to counter elemental reflect.

I use:

together with level 20 purities and saffel's frame (obviously not an option if you want to continue using your bow) in order to get myself up to 98%-99% sustained elemental resistance while in active combat.

This little bit that still gets through is made up by:

(I have a doryani's belt too, but this ring provides far more survivability than the belt's 0.2% leech)

I really enjoy this ring because (please correct me if I'm mistaken) the life/mana on hit is instant, so I am constantly gaining life and mana faster than I lose it.
Even though you are only gaining life for your attacks, you are still attacking very quickly and thus gain a lot of life.

Best of luck with the warlord's mark idea. I have a feeling it may be too slow to save you, but it's definitely worth a shot.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
So far it works. Like the other 2 suggested i took Vaal Pact to make the leech instant and so far it's enough to not 1 hit myself - I even managed to level up finally^^
It's still dangerous in burst situations, since leech applies after reflect - so i need to tank 1 reflect volley before i heal back up, but it's ok.

While 3 Surgeon resist flasks are indeed an option, i prefer not to be forced to pot all the time :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info