UFC 193: Rousey vs Holm

Who ya got guys?

Also my guild is called "Ultimate Farming Championship" so if u wish to join, lemme know.

Standard

I am online now :D
Rousey got knocked the fuck out! Had a feeling she would lose, she needs to be brought down a level and hopefully this has done just that.

Trying to beat Holm in her own game instead of sticking to her strength and grappling, Ronda must be delusional. Seems success has gone to her head. She's spent too much time fighting opponents who spend as much time posing for Instagram as in the gym and Holly is on a different level.

I have no doubt Ronda had a pretty good chance of winning if only she'd tried to play her game instead of trying to outbox a boxing champ. I hope she learns her lesson and gets a little humility, it'll do her good.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 15, 2015, 7:13:38 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Trying to beat Holm in her own game instead of sticking to her strength and grappling, Ronda must be delusional. Seems success has gone to her head. She's spent too much time fighting opponents who spend as much time posing for Instagram as in the gym and Holly is on a different level.

I have no doubt Ronda had a pretty good chance of winning if only she'd tried to play her game instead of trying to outbox a boxing champ. I hope she learns her lesson and gets a little humility, it'll do her good.

She didn't want to outbox Holm lol. She just couldn't grapple with Holm because Holm could actually defend all the clinches and grapples. They grappled like twice and Ronda couldn't do anything.

Holm also had better range and is a southpaw. Ronda had no answer to ANY of that and got wrecked - lumbering around the ring with zero defense and no stamina LOL.
Well, yes, you are correct. But Ronda still got knocked out after her punch attempt got countered. It pissed me off and I went a bit emotional in the previous post.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Boy did she get knocked out lol...

I've said for years there was one person who could take Rousey, Holm is the beast of the womans division. Oh the anticipation leading up to a rematch but I'm afraid it'll go much the same as the first fight. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Ronda vs Cyborg dosnt seem as exciting anymore :(

Now we will really get to see what Ronda is made of. Some champs loose their title and never recover while some champs come back stronger.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Nov 16, 2015, 3:29:09 PM
It might be different on the streets, but nonetheless it's very hard to beat a top boxer in the ring.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
It might be different on the streets, but nonetheless it's very hard to beat a top boxer in the ring.

Not that different on the streets either. I live in a pretty criminal country, most of the thugs here are ex-wrestlers or boxers, doesn't make much of a difference. I would choose to fight a boxer simply because I prefer getting knocked out to eating a suplex on hard ground, but that's pretty much it. I've seen what happens when someone tries to fight a good wrestler on a concrete floor, it's an express ticket to the hospital with a good chance at debilitating injuries for life.

Not to mention that nowadays MMA is so popular that all good strikers, especially the street thug variety, learn takedown defense too. Learning grappling with all its intricacies is an art and a science, but learning a basic and solid defense isn't that difficult.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 17, 2015, 4:07:26 AM
Rousey is a champion and she'll be back on top soon enough.

She needed to learn humility and she got it in spades. Everyone loves to see a champ knocked on their ass especially when said champ dismisses the challenger in every preflight interview as well as not touching gloves. Couldn't have been scripted any better.

On a side note, most of the Aussie press took the stance of being disgusted that a women could be kicked in the head and then beaten whilst on the ground. That happens in most MMA fights, only difference was that it was women brutalizing each other.

I have mixed feelings on MMA. I am squeamish and don't like to see anyone suffer but I also admire the sports science behind it. The ultimate sport, kill or be killed, the colloseums of the world feed the masses their bloodlust. We are all but warriors to some degree, bring on the zombie apocalypse.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info