Terrorist attack in Paris

"
Einkil wrote:

You may not feel the same way (obviously) but these types of tragedy are precicely the time to talk about Geopolitics because it becomes very relevant. It should be talked about more in general but most people are creatures of necessity so thats why discussions crop up more during these times. These people aren't political candidates using this tragedy to springboard their campaign for personal gain so I don't think your outrage is valid.

He said distorted view ...

There is a difference between geopolitics, and a distorted view of geopolitics ...
And She said forth unto the stars, "Love, High Priestess".
Love, High Priestess in English Gematria Equals: 1296
72 + 90 + 132 + 30 + 48 + 54 + 42 + 48 + 96 + 108 + 54 + 30 + 114 + 120 + 30 + 114 + 114 = 1296
L + o + v + e + H + i + g + h + P + r + i + e + s + t + e + s + s
G = 1296
Last edited by End_Of_The_World_Is_2016 on Nov 15, 2015, 8:34:43 PM
"
"
Einkil wrote:

You may not feel the same way (obviously) but these types of tragedy are precicely the time to talk about Geopolitics because it becomes very relevant. It should be talked about more in general but most people are creatures of necessity so thats why discussions crop up more during these times. These people aren't political candidates using this tragedy to springboard their campaign for personal gain so I don't think your outrage is valid.

He said distorted view ...

There is a difference between geopolitics, and a distorted view of geopolitics ...

But he never clarified what the Distorted view is and as such applies to the thread as a whole. He also never clarified what his qualification for a distorted view is
so without a qualifier it muset be assumed he means the discussion as a whole is distorted. As such what I said still applies.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:

But he never clarified what the Distorted view is and as such applies to the thread as a whole. He also never clarified what his qualification for a distorted view is
so without a qualifier it muset be assumed he means the discussion as a whole is distorted. As such what I said still applies.

Are you saying that whenever extreme events occur in this world, there aren't dozens of people waiting to say stuff they've bottled up during the boring part of their lives? Are you saying everyone has something insightful to say on the matter, is that what you're saying? If not, then you agree with him, and misunderstood him.
And She said forth unto the stars, "Love, High Priestess".
Love, High Priestess in English Gematria Equals: 1296
72 + 90 + 132 + 30 + 48 + 54 + 42 + 48 + 96 + 108 + 54 + 30 + 114 + 120 + 30 + 114 + 114 = 1296
L + o + v + e + H + i + g + h + P + r + i + e + s + t + e + s + s
G = 1296
My significant other is in Spain and he says they're in a state of emergency too.

I can't even imagine how scared he must be, I just want to go over there and snoogle him. Hopefully the attack on France isn't part of a greater scheme and the terror will halt for a while and leave bordering countries alone.

Last edited by Stormquake on Nov 15, 2015, 9:46:11 PM
"
Einkil wrote:

No. Not three days after the fact. That's crass and in extremely poor taste. Go to Paris and start talking that shit in the town square, see how well that goes over.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I laughed but that guy is such an idiot lol: http://imgur.com/ahcgqDS

He could've got shot by the army quite easily for doing that... nice prank bro.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Nov 16, 2015, 12:18:39 AM
I don't get why people are saying "its only the radical muslims that are the problem".

You think they're born that way or something?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I laughed but that guy is such an idiot lol: http://imgur.com/ahcgqDS

He could've got shot by the army quite easily for doing that... nice prank bro.

If somebody lights a balloon filled with hydrogen the panic will be even bigger.

"
I don't get why people are saying "its only the radical muslims that are the problem".

You think they're born that way or something?

It would be a terrible mistake to assume that all or even most of the members of a given subset of a population are represented by the worst elements of the group. A better mindset would be to think of the terrorists as vast spreading infection of power.

Power corrupts, and corruption can be far more than something like accepting bribes. It can lead to people thinking the have the right to mistreat and even butcher other people. The more power, the more opportunity for corruption to set in.

Of the numerous people of Islamic faith I have been fortunate enough to know and work with, there isn't a single one that I would even remotely be suspicious of. Their concerns are the same ones we all have - paying the bills, taking care of our families, dealing with health issues etc.

Sussing out who amongst a given population is likely to carry out a terrorist attack isn't an easy thing to do. If it were, the major nations would have already accomplished it. As humans, we can be caring and careful at the same time. We can be watchful without being needlessly suspicious. Paying more attention to what people say and do, and how they respond, rather than who we *think* they might be.

Getting to know and appreciate your neighbors and co-workers is a great start. Sharing common interests makes people more likely to help and protect one another rather than lash out at them.

The power imbalances are the key to preventing the rampant violent abuses we see far too often around the world. A government should never be able to place its boot on the neck of its citizens. Nor should such a boot be worn by so called liberators as they will quickly turn to despots themselves.

Checks and balances must exist and be maintained. There are no quick easy solutions to this problem, but with enough effort the power of the terrorists can be minimized. The underlying problems that are conducive to terrorism's growth and appeal must be addressed as well. Arriving at a long term solution become more difficult when the methods used need to fall into a framework acceptable to the society that they will address. This doesn't mean the problems are insurmountable, but rather that we need dedication, fresh perspectives and wide cooperation to get to a far more peaceful future.

If diplomacy had a small percentage of the respect and political backing that physical scientists had, it would help with having reliable expert analysis and opinions to guide the leaders.

I think it also would need some sort of advisory power that had to be reviewed and approved/rejected by on the record votes/decisions. Many of the details might remain classified, but over many issues, the voting public could see which leaders made good or poor decisions based on the advice given to them. None of the politicians in key positions would be able to act as if they didn't know, or as if the information given to them was other than what is on the record.

Without reliable career experts, we might as well be using astrology to fight the plague.

The horror, sadness, rage and disbelief of those affected must be enormous. The closest I can come in scope to it, is by recalling the range of emotions I felt in the Boston bombing and right after 9/11 and empathizing. The emotional outpouring of the world isn't enough, we need to start taking well considered steps towards solutions.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 16, 2015, 4:32:52 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
The emotional outpouring of the world isn't enough, we need to start taking well considered steps towards solutions.

How about the Western world staying the fuck out of the Middle East? Yeah, I don't see this happening any time soon.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info