Terrorist attack in Paris

Feel free to think like that if it makes you feel any better.

But just to be clear, i have empathy with both the victims and terrorists, there is no distinction to be made, both are suffering.

Like you say

"
Crackmonster wrote:
simply that being an open wound vulnerable to all the worlds suffering indicates you have not mastered yourself and instead have let your gift of empathy overwhelm you.

A baseless assumption based on your own experience, that is all there is to that statement.

Don't project your own experience with sensory overload on me. Being able to accept them and give them a function (what an improper word to say what i want) is not at all that hard.

They hold meaning and relevance, just like all things in life. A gift to be nourished and developed and to explore the world more profoundly with.

There is a lot of freedom to be found in a tear. I do not fear that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This will probably lead to a substantial change in attitudes and policies towards refugees and migrants from Muslim countries. In fact, if EU's politicians don't make the change, they will probably be replaced by radical, right-wing ones. About Merkel, I don't know. She fucked up good with the "everyone is welcome".

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I am not an empath.

That you are highly emphatic doesn't mean your logic is sound - as emotion is about feeling where logic is about reason and they are often destructive to each other.

You have not mastered your empathy if in any large aspects your chosen solution is to simply avoid it(fear).

You are a good person, but you are also proud which sometimes leads you to argue ignorantly, in particularly when it is about you because you automatically assume people could not see something about yourself that you don't.

I understand that from your perspective it is irrelevant where/when it happens. However, you make the link that because it is irrelevant and people don't grasp that - they lack emotional development.

Your emotional development is abnormal. It is actually quite normal that the closer something is to you, the more powerful you feel it. The more your life relates to affected people, the closer you feel it to you and thus the stronger you feel it. Fear works the same way. That is not only the normal way - it is also the natural way. It is directly linked to your amount of knowledge/experience, and there is no way you could have experienced the life of all types of people enough to make an equal connection.

Actually it speaks to me of someone who is becoming disconnected from themselves, not actually feeling the things(because if you truely went through it and allowed the full range of your emotion as the emotion itself wanted to go, you wouldn't say what you did, therefore it seems you are just describing how you think you should react.

You cannot recognize when love/fear functions normally and call it lack of development. What is an empath that doesn't understand love?

As i said, you are trying to reason your emotions which leaves you trapped inside a circle of confusion. You literally wrote you cannot allow yourself to feel naturally due to reasoning. That is what i call confused.

EDIT: Also the way you speak of suffering shows me it still chains you - but you already said that once(how you have to avoid things).

You must not forget, you are not the universe - you are you. Find yourself.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 14, 2015, 5:24:00 AM
fuck it i'm not in the mood to argue with somebody like you.

Ok cracks, you win, intellect is the counter faculty of emotions.

their is no conceivable way for both faculties to work in communion with one another and enhance and enforce each other.

Many study's have shown this! Therefore, this is accurate data and not a peer regulated notion.

Forgive my sarcasm, but the amount of fallacy's in your post is insulting.

"yes you state X so i can assume y from this" ok man, have at it. you win, hope that makes you feel good.

Ludicrous notion that words can even explain emotions and then using those words as a grounds to insult me.

Telling me i have never loved in my live, how about this, [requested edit] you.

Take a biscuit on your way out.

Peace,

-Boem-

apologies for the slight derail OP. Carry on.

edit :

"
Boem wrote:
The lack of emotional development in this day and age is disturbing to say the least.

And just to be clear, you have no clue at all to what i was referring with this statement. You just assumed you grasped the context and drew a line where there was none. Really, fuck off with that bullshit.

edit : it can stay, can't be arsed really.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 14, 2015, 6:08:22 AM
Believe what you want, it's your own loss.

I don't want your wall of defense, I know you are a good person.

I didn't mean to insult you either, but you know i am right when i say you get all defensive when someone argues against your own perception of yourself.

-

I took out the part against your comment that you now qouted as i deemed it redundant, but let me bring a little back.

I'll tell you about memories a little bit and how they give us away when we think are didn't reveal our trace- they form connections and associations - so while you may try an "ultimate true i could argue that and it is nothing to do with the rest of what i said", the case is simply that in your mind it is connected which is why you brought it up. Basic evidence for the trained eye, you might be able to fool a little school kid, but i have seen the same connection many times in many different people.

But i even know what you would like to think i misunderstood with the sentence and how you think i thought it was 1 cohesive argument - where you see the second as a general statement about the development of the general populus and how they are lost and severed from their selfs and how you think you are in strong contact with your own self and a "oh if you only knew"-thought - just that you keep going on in your own bubble thinking how you are so smart to think that and others are nubs - it shows just how far out of your league and how little you payed attention to what i told you.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 14, 2015, 6:33:39 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

you are not the universe - you are you.

All things are connected. Your concept of self is a limited one.

It is through the edifice of self that most evil crawls its way into the hearts of man; To prioritize oneself above the wellbeing of the whole... To covet or even 'own' objects of personal desire... To ignore the suffering of others...
All because we dont see the bigger picture. The picture of mutual cooperation where each member is but a part of the whole. Where every intelligent being is valued. Not just the ones belonging to some arbitrary group.

Beyond the physical reality of objects, there exists a causal relationship between everything. The repercussions of our actions flow through time and with it pieces of our intelligence. And in this modern information age our technology allows this flow to be more powerful than ever. Please, be kind and contribute. , and show no mercy agianst toxic waste that pollutes the future

The killing of innocents should never be acceptable; not for terrorists, not for soldiers, not for lawkeepers, not for anyone.

I feel like i shouldnt precisely define how to benefit society... It seems to me we should each do what we think is best for the long term benefit of society. Not be forced into obeying some other persons edict. Sure, some people whom have spent more time thinking about it may have a more informed view. Listen for sure, but never submit.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

you are not the universe - you are you.

All things are connected. Your concept of self is a limited one.

It is through the edifice of self that most evil crawls its way into the hearts of man; To prioritize oneself above the wellbeing of the whole... To covet or even 'own' objects of personal desire... To ignore the suffering of others...
All because we dont see the bigger picture. The picture of mutual cooperation where each member is but a part of the whole. Where every intelligent being is valued. Not just the ones belonging to some arbitrary group.

Beyond the physical reality of objects, there exists a causal relationship between everything. The repercussions of our actions flow through time and with it pieces of our intelligence. And in this modern information age our technology allows this flow to be more powerful than ever. Please, be kind and contribute. , and show no mercy agianst toxic waste that pollutes the future

The killing of innocents should never be acceptable; not for terrorists, not for soldiers, not for lawkeepers, not for anyone.

I feel like i shouldnt precisely define how to benefit society... It seems to me we should each do what we think is best for the long term benefit of society. Not be forced into obeying some other persons edict. Sure, some people whom have spent more time thinking about it may have a more informed view. Listen for sure, but never submit.

I don't even need to read more than your first sentence to answer your whole post.

He thinks of himself as the universe - he forgets that he is him and that if he does not respect his own emotions and personal attachments to things, then he will not be able to maintain contact with himself because instead of listening to his emotion he decides actions based on what is universally true - where he has to follow is own course of development to heal himself.

This is nothing to do with all is one. All is one means that everything is connected and everything influences everything. - it is irrelevant here.

EDIT: Now that i have read your post. I can add some things about the terrorists..

Sure, it is tragic, but it doesn't phase me. Why would it? I try my best to let go of things that are outside my control, so i can focus on things around me, and help when i am actually able to.

I have family in france, even in paris, i also have spent the second most time of my life in france, I even have a house there in the mountains. I love France, but it is out of my control - too much going on - i can't fear for my life or be scared all the time - nor do i feel the urge. I'll be there if something happens to someone around me - but i won't sit and cry because something bad goes on in the world, too much happens, - i believe the greatest contribution you can make is to simply do your best in your own acts.

What is more relevant is to remind everyone to remember what is right and what is true - not to falter and lash out trying to make someone pay for this, or treat immigrants bad because of terrorism - but to remember to respect life and lead world culture by example of how you threat people respectfully - that is what is important now for europe in the greater picture(not for france). Stand firm, do not give into terrorism -lead by example and slowly the muslim world will catch on. I don't say muslim because i don't like them, i know many and have many friends and even everyday i laugh my ass off with muslims - but simply because it is true. I do my part - i discuss islam - i ask them why i listen their answers and i try to make them understand. That is all i can do as a person(unless it was my mission in life).

You have no idea the stories i hear sometimes of how they are killing. Most people here don't relate at all. One guy.. taliban came to his house and killed some from his family to take over. They then took their family and they cleaned out ALL of taliban in the night - their families male, female, children, all to protect themself against retaliations. He told me this without blinking, but is a really friendly guy.. Then goes on to share how if he asks a cop(except they aren't actually cops) for example he can have him direct him to where he can buy some hashish, and how many are peaceful and accepting of others. He also explains how they have opium farms and the chinese fly in to collect from helicopter.. or how if you are from where i am from you will get killed inn a series of contries just because a couple of people from my country did something foolish once. All int he name of the quran.. the ignorance there is amazing - and they don't even follow the teaching of their book - yet they claim it's name! This is what treatens the middle east - misinformation and bad socities, negative history, a history of violence and abuse... I could go on..

Shit goes on...

Then we have us and russia who each supply sides of the middle east with weaponry - make sure the balance is nice and stable down there so the region stays predominantly friendly - where do you think most of the weapons came from? MUCH LATER EDIT: - and the hate for US/the west comes from and how they feel they must fight it?
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 17, 2015, 4:14:36 AM
The real sad thing is that the first thread here was 4h after the actual attacks.

"
This will probably lead to a substantial change in attitudes and policies towards refugees and migrants from Muslim countries. In fact, if EU's politicians don't make the change, they will probably be replaced by radical, right-wing ones. About Merkel, I don't know. She fucked up good with the "everyone is welcome".

The Arabic african countries were owned by France during imperialism.

France created a segretaion similar to the Black White in the USA without being so openly about it.

Meddling in most affairs involving islamists in a country with several radicals isn't a smart move.

England also was victim to attacks back in 2005 because they supported the USA.

Germany won't be target as long they deal with the countries that are supporting terrorism under the hand.

The amount of radicals in France compared to UK, Spain, Germany is 50 times higher.

One thing I can guarantee is that the terrorist will attempt to do terrorist attacks during the UEFA European football cup next year.
Bomb a Bus of the French/Turkish/whatever team, use drones to drop grenades in the stadium or simplay suicide bomb public viewing.

What's more puzzling is that if it really have been only 8 terrorists(I doubt that I think it was more like 14-20) and giving the fact that over 200 humans are still in critical condition it's very likely that this will be the most fatal attack in Europe since the Madrid bombings.

I have really close friends living in Paris so i was quite worried. Horrible thing, and yeah the situation is also very dangerous when it comes to the refuges as well. People should remember that that's the shit that refuges are running from.

Now to the political side of things. We should codemn terror of any kind. By a huge margin, the biggest, most brutal, most dangerous terrorist organisation in the world, that have resulted in over 5 million deaths since WW2(4million direct, one million by supporting suppresive regimes), is of course CIA and the US goverment. Islamic fundamemntalist groups themselves, like Isis and Al Queda, were created as a -cause and effect- for US actions in these regions. Never forget that.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
I have really close friends living in Paris so i was quite worried. Horrible thing, and yeah the situation is also very dangerous when it comes to the refuges as well. People should remember that that's the shit that refuges are running from.

Now to the political side of things. We should codemn terror of any kind. By a huge margin, the biggest, most brutal, most dangerous terrorist organisation in the world, that have resulted in over 5 million deaths since WW2(4million direct, one million by supporting suppresive regimes), is of course CIA and the US goverment. Islamic fundamemntalist groups themselves, like Isis and Al Queda, were created as a -cause and effect- for US actions in these regions. Never forget that.

+1
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info