[2.2] Flameblast Totem (Cheap / Atziri Viable)

"
Skware1 wrote:

Except it is because you can do a 2 stack flameblast at your feet instantly in self cast. Here you are forced to run away while the totem does damage. Essentially flame totem with a delay.

I don't get why you are keep trying to diminish this build o.o
Every build has ups and down, you are just looking at one side of this build and saying it's inefficient.
Yea flame totem will have faster casting time initially, but that doesn't mean that flame totem build is better than this build, it's just different spell.

Since I played both build, I can actually compare.
There are few things where this build be better than flame totem, and also few on worse than flame totem, and I am enjoying and loving this build more.
I'm not trying to "diminish" your build. It just seems like you could do the exact same build but with a flame totem gem where flameblast is and you'd gain so much. Notably an extra link since you won't need the spell totem gem. And most importantly you would start outputting damage immediately when the totem is placed.

You say there are many things this build does better than flame totem but I don't see any yet. But I guess inquiring about such things is diminishing the build.

In the end it is just a very vulnerable build. Your best defense is to use whirling blades away from danger.
"
Skware1 wrote:
I'm not trying to "diminish" your build. It just seems like you could do the exact same build but with a flame totem gem where flameblast is and you'd gain so much. Notably an extra link since you won't need the spell totem gem. And most importantly you would start outputting damage immediately when the totem is placed.

You say there are many things this build does better than flame totem but I don't see any yet. But I guess inquiring about such things is diminishing the build.

In the end it is just a very vulnerable build. Your best defense is to use whirling blades away from danger.

You know... Not every build has to be the best. The purpose of playing a game is to have fun. I've played flame totems extensively and although it is efficient, it's extremely boring. Im sure that watching a flame blast annihilate everything would be extremely amusing and satisfying. If i had wanted to power creep i'd just do a generic cyclone build or something.
"
s3ne wrote:

You know... Not every build has to be the best. The purpose of playing a game is to have fun. I've played flame totems extensively and although it is efficient, it's extremely boring. Im sure that watching a flame blast annihilate everything would be extremely amusing and satisfying. If i had wanted to power creep i'd just do a generic cyclone build or something.

So the only advantage this has over flame totem is that it's amusing? And you can't compare cyclone because it's a very active, very different playstyle. This is a very inefficient way to play the "put down totems and run around until things die" playstyle.
Looks really cool men! Thumps up for a good Build!
IGN: DRUNKENSTYLEbOb
"
Skware1 wrote:

So the only advantage this has over flame totem is that it's amusing? And you can't compare cyclone because it's a very active, very different playstyle. This is a very inefficient way to play the "put down totems and run around until things die" playstyle.

I only started making this build 4 days ago, so this build has way more potential than the flame totem, despite mentioning it already has faster clear speed with bigger aoe. It can also do some tricky bosses without even seeing them on screen with longer range compared to flametotem. Also, I remember being annoyed in reflect maps with flametotem, which does not even notice me with flameblast totem.

You can still play around with EE (wich can't be done with flametotem) to do way more damage. I haven't even had chance to 6L this build to test out other stuff such as empower (The video I uploaded is the damage without using Increased critical damage and empower gem). I also didn't really had chance to test with infernal mantle with EB. These ideas came up from reddit post and I am excited to test them out: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3sme4m/dual_crit_flameblast_totem/

I feel so stupid trying to compare two completely separate spells. It's like you are doing same thing as trying to compare block incinerate vs normal flameblast.
Last edited by GeGuRi on Nov 13, 2015, 6:28:55 PM
Ignore the haters buddy.
Crit flameblast 10 stacks is ALWAYS powerful tool vs bosses for its ignite.
There are up and down, but isnt all builds have up and down?
Saying this is "inefficient" is either correct or helping at all.

Btw cant wait for 2.1, with the new poison/chaos dmg thing. This will be nice to try 100% chaos convert - crit apply poison with chaos dmg instead of ignite :D

Also defensively you can do aura curses. enfeeble and tempchain is just so great, also will make the slow warcry (abyssal cry) more popular for the slow stack with tempchain as a def mechanic

Not sure will visit this build on talisman leagues, but still, thump up for your share bro.
Need a purpose in life...
Cool build playing and enjoying it =D
very cool build, got a suggestion though. Run romira's banquet with incinerate + curse on hit for free power charges all the time and auto cursing

totems will crit like crazy but you will keep all charges since incinerate doesnt crit
"
Cool build playing and enjoying it =D

Glad you are enjoying it! :)

"
very cool build, got a suggestion though. Run romira's banquet with incinerate + curse on hit for free power charges all the time and auto cursing

totems will crit like crazy but you will keep all charges since incinerate doesnt crit

I did mention about this in bandit tab, but I am currently not using it because it was just annoying for me to lose power charges when I use whirling blade haha, it's all personal preference I guess :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info