[2.2]HC Viable Vaal Righteous Fire Flameblast Scion (Living Bomber)

"
くりす wrote:
Bump for nice build!

Glad you like it <3
"
Krabbsatan wrote:
Nice and innovative builds as usual.

Romiras + Volls Devotion + AOF would work quite similarly I'd imagine

Yeah could probably be similar or something with self cast discharge and blasphemy with the charge generating curses and AOF but the base damage would likely be less, not to mention alot more expensive. Glad you like it though, still working on improving it :)
Build of the week material right here.
"
Build of the week material right here.

wow thanks glad you liked it! Working on improving it every way i can to hopefully make it more appealing, the reddit is taking it with very mixed feelings.
As I'm theorycrafting a Vaal Righteous Fire build (though with ES instead of life), this is very interesting to me. I hadn't even thought about Flesh and Spirit!

My question is: with the rather small radius and the "less damage" from Proliferation, does going for burn + Proliferation give you better clearspeed/more consistent Vaal Righteous Fire than stacking increased AoE from Witch and Templar and using the Increased Area of Effect gem? I'm really curious about that.

Also, since Anger doesn't seem to give you much here, would you go for Blasphemy + Flammability instead after the next patch? Or maybe even Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark to sustain mana cost of Flameblast and make it less suicidal to use Vaal Righteous Fire with fewer enemies around due to double leech...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Nov 13, 2015, 12:43:37 PM
"
scrooge999 wrote:
As I'm theorycrafting a Vaal Righteous Fire build (though with ES instead of life), this is very interesting to me. I hadn't even thought about Flesh and Spirit!

My question is: with the rather small radius and the "less damage" from Proliferation, does going for burn + Proliferation give you better clearspeed/more consistent Vaal Righteous Fire than stacking increased AoE from Witch and Templar and using the Increased Area of Effect gem? I'm really curious about that.

Also, since Anger doesn't seem to give you much here, would you go for Blasphemy + Flammability instead after the next patch? Or maybe even Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark to sustain mana cost of Flameblast and make it less suicidal to use Vaal Righteous Fire with fewer enemies around due to double leech...

Yes you read my mind! so glad to meet someone who had a liking for vaal RF as well <3 as for when blasphemy gets released and i reroll this character i plan on immediatly swapping anger for blasphemy+flammability in a heart beat and even though the prolif aoe is nothing like it used to be it still provides a very good defensive bonus and helps increased your clear speed insanely when doing fracture, undead, or just any maps with alot of mobs that run at you while increasing your damage output, defense, and offense as well as reach. Which is why i still have the aoe to hit as many targets as possible to make sure i leech but the lingering burn is very powerful and very usefull for taking out any rare, boss, or exile that tries to chase you or is in radius and survives the blast as you do not ever want to use vaal RF on a single target using it right after a vaal RF that cleared the room would likely be a suicide pact or at least put you at very low pots for the next pack you engage which keep in mind you won't have vaal RF for.

In short i feel while Stacking increased AoE may be very usefull against clearing large amounts of enemies or weakening them it will not provide the finisher that i find prolif to give for me.

Glad you like vaal RF as well and hope your character goes smoothly, as for flesh in spirit keep in mind your missing out on the big bonus of 20% life recovered on rampage as well. but i have tried it and it still works on a es char, i just wouldn't recommend flesh unless you feel like it.
How can one not like massive damage to everything on the screen (including yourself)? ;)

Hmmm, guess you've convinced me to go the burn + Proliferation route. Only thing of concern is that with the tree I've drawn up the Flameblasts are rather weak (24k damage with no Penetration). On the other hand with between 9.5k and 10k energy shield (affordable gear!) the Vaal RFs should be pretty strong.

Do you think Arctic Armour is worth it for this build in general? I'd really like to run Blasphemy instead (besides Discipline of course).

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
How can one not like massive damage to everything on the screen (including yourself)? ;)

Hmmm, guess you've convinced me to go the burn + Proliferation route. Only thing of concern is that with the tree I've drawn up the Flameblasts are rather weak (24k damage with no Penetration). On the other hand with between 9.5k and 10k energy shield (affordable gear!) the Vaal RFs should be pretty strong.

Do you think Arctic Armour is worth it for this build in general? I'd really like to run Blasphemy instead (besides Discipline of course).

since you're already using discipline i would go with blasphemy instead over arctic armor, i use arctic armor because i don't have much else that would give me a reliable defense from a aura.
Saw the vids and I fell in love with this build, gonna try it while I wait for Talisman.
It only took 10 chance to get Flesh & Spirit. Not so lucky vaaling jewels to get Sacrifical Harvest though.
Yes, a well-rolled Sacrificial Harvest is probably the most expensive thing about this build right now...

I'm thinking about running Vaal RF in a 4-link (skipping Fire Penetration) and Flameblast in a 5-link since Vaal RF should deal a huge amount of damage anyway, but I'll see how often I have to use Flameblast. According to my calculations, by spending 6k ES (out of 10.5k ES max) my Vaal RF should give me 40k damage as well as 32k ignite per second.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info