I really wonder who this "mostvaluable poster" could be

"
Jaille wrote:
First 3 posters on vacation https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1477797
dam m8

Poster accounts all show "On Probation," not "Banned." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Nov 12, 2015, 9:29:38 PM
That's ... dumb?

Did he post some truly obnoxious shit that got deleted so I can't see it? I mean, he's just Bambi, what harm is he really doing?

Oh well. We're all pretty much unwanted anyways - Customer Service is the best job in life, as long as you don't actually have to deal with any of them.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Now that seems a bit excessive.

who did he trigger?
Oblivious
"
Permanent probation from forum. Banned, effectively.

So I'm looking at the CoC/ToU policy list and I can't find anything that BMBI violated, unless a post was deleted. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought his main account was off probation when he started posting as MVP.

Yeah he was protesting the VP system in a creative way but it looks like GGG would need to amend the publicly available forum policy to say he did something against guidelines (lots of people have more than 1 account they've posted in (I have a second (mule) account that I've posted twice in, for trade purposes).

Anyway, perm forum probation would be pretty unfortunate for someone who I never got a negative/mean vibe from. Only vibe I got from BMBI was that he was trying to make people smile.

Maybe GGG needs more creative punishments. Sentence him to 1 week of community service in the tech support forums! (or maybe not, he'd probably tell someone the only solution is to bench press their computer into space).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Jaille wrote:
First 3 posters on vacation https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1477797
dam m8

only first 3?
I feel kinda sad about this. Not surprised, though.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Perma probated?

For real?

That's rubbish and unwarranted, if we are getting the whole tale i mean.

I said this before and i will say it again, kindergarten, nothing more nothing less.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
since BMBI is a fan of Professional Wrestling, I went ahead and Googled what could have been an inspiration for his current alter-ego.

apparently there's this guy:

Spoiler

I'm not too fond of "new generation" wrestlers - a.k.a everyone after the early 90s - but maybe BMBI is?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 13, 2015, 1:06:19 PM
Bambi was just trying to entertain us and add some life to the forums right
I don't understand why some people were getting fucking pissed off about it tbh. It's not like if Bambi was being a dick or insulting people and shit, intentionally affecting other people negatively
Getting some probations here and there when it gets out of control makes sense ofc. But being perma'd was unexpected
I think people who are always negative, who indirectly insult GGG and their decisions (constructing criticism about something you don't like is fine of course), other users etc. are way more damaging than some casual trolling that's not hurting anyone unless you consider the Internet a religion and feel like not being serious is a sin

idk

And I believe Bambi is a fan of the Attitude Era :P which is like from mid 1990's to 2010 maybe?
Last edited by Jaille on Nov 13, 2015, 3:14:09 PM
"
Jaille wrote:
Bambi was just trying to entertain us and add some life to the forums right
I don't understand why some people were getting fucking pissed off about it tbh. It's not like if Bambi was being a dick or insulting people and shit, intentionally affecting other people negatively
Getting some probations here and there when it gets out of control makes sense ofc. But being perma'd was unexpected
I think people who are always negative, who indirectly insult GGG and their decisions (constructing criticism about something you don't like is fine of course), other users etc. are way more damaging than some casual trolling that's not hurting anyone unless you consider the Internet a religion and feel like not being serious is a sin

Couldn't agree more. Although the MVP persona was extremely annoying. But annoying enough to warrant a permaban? I don't think so.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info