Bruce the Stray heads to the Vet

Unfortunately, our little black stray cat who has been hanging around for 8 months managed to get himself into a bit of a fracas with another neighbourhood cat. Poor little blighter ended up with quite a bad infected wound on the side of his head, and refused any ministrations from me, so the RSPCA kindly offered to take him off our hands and see if they can help him.

Best case scenario, he comes back healthy, neutered, and maybe willing to become a pet cat. But... he is not friendly or mellow by any means (my arms will attest after the wounds received while grabbing him and putting him inside for the SPCA pick up), so he may end up getting put down if the vets can't treat him.

Aaaaaaanyways, I'm going to crack open a few beers and lament the fact that I never got pictures of him before potentially losing his angry little face for good.

Apologies for blogging.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Aw! That is one of the saddest kitty stories I've ever heard!

Cheers!
Well, if he's been neutered, it wouldn't be the most irresponsible thing to put him back out on the street, if that's what he favors.

Some critters just aren't good pets. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The vets should be able to treat him and hopefully you get the little fellow back soon. A long heavy jacket (jean jacket) and some gloves can be helpful when handling rambunctious kitties.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Unfortunately for Bruce, prognosis doesn't look good. He has FIV, so the surgery to lance and drain his abscess has hit him pretty hard. He is on pain meds, antibiotics and is resting in isolation until the vets can assess his chances of recovery.

If he pulls through okay, he will have to hope for a slot in a home that houses FIV+ cats. Poor guy won't be able to come back to us, and I need to take Cam and George in to get them tested just in case they picked it up from him via scrapping.

At this stage it doesn't look likely, so it is probably the end of the road for poor old Bruce. Little bugger has had a shit of a life probably thanks to some bastard dumping him. When he first turned up, he was missing most of his fur, had some nasty rashes and a flea infestation, serious case of worms and rheumy eyes. Took me a couple of weeks to get him to trust me enough to let me feed him, then about a month of various treatments to get him looking and acting healthy.

I think I'll miss him, he usually turned up on the back door step in the mornings while I was having a cigarette. He'd give me the look "Feed me you dirty smoking bitch." Then he'd have a few pats and ear scratches while he ate, then off to find somewhere sunny on the toolshed or the outdoor furnitue. Otherwise, off under the deck if it was raining.

Our cats seems a bit miffed as well, they keep going to his old spots to look for him.

Aaaaaaaanyways, again - sorry for the blogging :)

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Sorry to hear that, Nait. Critters have a tough life when they're on their own; the lucky ones at least find someone who gives a little bit of a damn. You added to Bruce's life, and that's something, at least. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Poor little guy, sorry to hear that. I'm sure you did make his life a lot better, though. *Off to give the cats downstairs a cuddle*
"

If he pulls through okay, he will have to hope for a slot in a home that houses FIV+ cats. Poor guy won't be able to come back to us, and I need to take Cam and George in to get them tested just in case they picked it up from him via scrapping.

I need pictures! Please D: (with cherry fudge on top?)

Bruce sounds spunky, takes nothing from no one.
This is George a few weeks after we got him, using Cam as a bed in a box. Took a little while for them to get along.

Russian blues are the most adorable cats. I hope all goes well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info