CI Caster Templar - Lightning Build

Hello all,

This is my first character I have played and after looking through these forums alot I have am yet to see a build like it. This either means it was a bad idea or just a bit different. Either way I thought I would put together the following with my build and what I use. I am currently lvl 72 and in rather average gear I'm not having too many troubles. I have finished to the end of Act 3 and I am now farming Lunaris Temple level 2 for some better gear and maps. The build was painful at times being my a CI build and my first character meant I was short on the high ES gear. That said I am having a lot of fun standing in a doorway and filling the room full of sparks, killing every mob and never getting hit.

The build is as follows (at lvl 72)

Current Skills

Spark + fork + faster casting + lightning penetration

Spell totem + summon skeletons + minion damage + minion speed (great tanks and great distractions)

Alternately I swap in spell totem + frost nova + faster casting + elemental proliferation. If I place this in the middle of a pack it will freeze the entire pack

Clarity, Discipline, Haste and Purity all linked to reduced mana gems (I use haste and purity interchangably depending on how hard the content is)

For curses I use conductivity or temporal chains but I am waiting to get enfeeble. I also sometimes use elemental weakness if playing in a group with someone who uses elemental damage other than lightning.

Remaining levels

At this point in time my plan is to set up 2x different spark set ups. One for AOE and clearing a room using fork and the other for point blank damage against rare mobs/bosses.

For this I would swap fork with faster projectiles or added lightning damage depending on how many sockets my gear has I might use both.

Alternately I will use arc for longer range direct damage on bosses which you really don't wanna get too close.

In terms of the build I haven't decided which path to take but as you can see I can easily choose between more mana, more energy shield, more cast speed, more crit chance/multiplier or just plain lightning damage. I really have complete freedom in which way I go from here.

At one point while levelling I was running life leech with Ghost Reaver which greatly increased my survivability. This is still an option to go back to if need be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info