100, why not?... My slow and lonely way to the finish.

After seeing several postings with statistics and some wondering why go beyond 85 or even 70, I decided to move away as much as possible of the statistics and reach level 100.
How long will it take me?... I do not know. I know it's difficult, I know that with the nerf to experience in high-level map is more difficult than before. I know that maintaining a steady flow of maps is difficult in my situation. But none of that matters. The only important thing is to have patience and be happy with the character to avoid boredom. And I think that I fulfill all these conditions... You believe that after level 90 this becomes very monotonous?... So you never played Mu Online. I played Mu for seeeeeeeeeveral years. Standing in one place throwing one (just one) skill all the time. Falling asleep at the keyboard, out of boredom... Until (the creators of Mu, WebZen) they had the great idea to implement something called Mu Helper which it is nothing more than a legal bot in the game. Thus one can see your character by killing monsters without intervention, and even pick up the important drop... Now that's boring. PoE beyond level 90 is heaven in comparison.

I am a solo player, I don't do parties, I don't trade. All that I have is the fruit of my own luck and time. And if that does not make things more difficult, I have a computer already somewhat obsolete and problems with the video card. I only have 2 gigabytes of RAM, my latency is on average about 180, and I am at the moment forced to play in resolution of 800 x 600 and with few details. I have so little RAM that I am almost obliged to stop the game every 4 maps at most. If I don't do, my game crashes and ended up losing even more time...

Then the matter is, if I can, anyone can.

My style of play is relaxed at all times. I am among those who collect all the wisdom scrolls, everything that most do not use, I use. So do not expect me to get from 93 to 100 in two weeks XD

Why am I posting this?... Why not? I think it may be interesting to see someone like a normal player progresses and not those lifeless or not those carried by the party. If you do not think the same, it's easy, stop reading :)

If anyone is interested, this is my equipment:
Spoiler

As you can see, I use Poison Arrow. "PA" will undergo changes in the relatively near future, but that it will not be problem. I can always return to Incinerate (that was this Marauder originally) or try something else. Even as a solo player is no big deal change build.

I'm currently running out of maps... but guess what... neither is it a problem. The only big problem at this point is to die (and that really is not a problem XD). Die in standard is just a waste of time and time is relative. Time is an illusion, Exile...

For all intents and purposes this is my base maps:

I do not will run all simply because some do not like. Some, such as Malformation or Orchard, finished converted into another map. My current method is Alch and go... Well, not really. Although my build allows me to run almost any map I learned the hard way and I am now careful. You may think that's a limiting factor for fun. For me it's not. What it's not fun is to die.

Well, let's begin. Right now I'm at level 93 with 0% And it is the right time to play the most complicated maps and gradually return to normal.
I will try at least once a day to write about my progress, maybe some good drop and occasionally some video.

Any problem is the fault of Google translator. I speak Spanish, I'm Chilean (the land of earthquakes).

Greetings.

EDIT1:

Data concerning maps to level up from 93 to 94.

Spoiler
- Used maps (officially, unofficially are a little more because for 2 days was not registered when making the switch from build): 243

- Days to level up from 93 to 94: 22 and a half

- Maps and amount according to their TIER;

TIER 1 : 6
TIER 2 : 28
TIER 3 : 7
TIER 4 : 10
TIER 5 : 33
TIER 6 : 33
TIER 7 : 37
TIER 8 : 41
TIER 9 : 23
TIER 10 : 10
TIER 11 : 6
TIER 12 : 8
TIER 13 : 1
TIER 14 : 0
TIER 15 : 0

- Amount of maps found in other maps and classification according to TIER;

TIER 1 : 52
TIER 2 : 87
TIER 3 : 87
TIER 4 : 78
TIER 5 : 68
TIER 6 : 65
TIER 7 : 49
TIER 8 : 45
TIER 9 : 40
TIER 10 : 20
TIER 11 : 7
TIER 12 : 3
TIER 13 : 2
TIER 14 : 0
TIER 15 : 0

- Funny data: Cartographer's Strongbox found --> 1 Untainted Paradise --> 1

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Nov 26, 2015, 8:23:46 PM
Last bumped on May 12, 2016, 1:10:28 AM
DAY 1:

Spoiler
OMG!!! RNGJesus has blessed me... I'm still in shock, I can not believe it. Although I've never had bad luck with the drop this exceeds my capacity of astonishment... After this I'm sure that I will fulfill the goal...

But first things first:

Pretty dangerous but I managed to overcome it. Not even with Atziri I've had so many adrenaline rushes. But I'm not crazy enough to try the boss and lose 2% experience gained clearing the map. The drop was not bad:

I did not remember the modifiers because the map was corrupted a few days ago. So I left when I had little or nothing to lose... Entertaining, and the boss was not as dangerous as expected. But the drop... which drop?
Note to self. This is why I'm not used to corrup maps. Most of the time not worth...

I just love Strand. Never disappoint me. Map easy and almost always easy drop.

After these 3 maps I stayed with 3% experience.

Yesterday I did not do my daily of Elreon because he was offering me what I thought was to be a Trollner. The image was that of a Trollner and it cost me 8 chaos. I did not have that amount of chaos at hand so I decided to don't do the quest to buy the Trollner today and then insult myself for being a fool. But now I check to Elreon and the image had changed... Some strange bug? I don't know but it gave me more hope...
And finally, it was what everyone dreams:

RNGJesus is for Real!!!

And the day is not over.

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1 (2nd part)

I'm still pondering whether it is good idea to switch to melee and use Mjolner. I still think for a few days...

Let's move on... After a few more maps I'm now at 7%

This is what is gained by being too cautious ... No, actually I was lucky. I could end up with empty hands. But if I think about it, I went out with empty hands risking much more. PoE curiosities. This is my day...

Walls and more walls of projectiles moving toward my trembling little body. First time I run a map with so many projectiles. But I spend my last 8 chaos in the Mjolner, so I said fuck it, I shut my eyes and go... I have good defenses, I was too melodramatic XD Not even the boss was worth worries. With this same character when used Incinerate, with basically the same equipment (excluding weapons obviously) it took me 22 seconds to kill the same boss but double, and rather more complicated modifiers.
Very bad drop.

But wait. Inside Terrace I found Zana and she (lovingly) sent me to Pier lvl 75. This is why we love Zana (Zana fan detected...)

Oh, I was forgetting. I ran one of my Acton's Nightmare... and I was forgetting precisely because the drop was forgettable

lol
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Nov 5, 2015, 11:46:12 AM
Nice "blog" :-)
Just play hardcore temp leagues if you're that bored.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:09:40 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Good read so far! I'm confused though, what do you mean the gavel image changed?

I can't imagine grinding to 100 solo and without trading though, that's going to take some serious work to stay in high enough level maps to keep progressing from 97 on. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't run any lvl 80+ maps until level 95, and even then only when you can afford Ambush from Zana + rolling every box with magic monsters (unid chaos recipe will be your friend).

Good luck!

Several times I dropped the typical "Trollner" and what I see before identify is this exact image (obviously this is already identified):

And the same was what I saw in the shop of Elreon. But today the skin was that of the real Mjolner...

About the maps you're right, it is better to save the best for later. Thank you for the advice :)
By the way Anuhart already managed to hit level 100 as a soloer. Maybe you can copy some ideas from him.
I need to change the format of this because it's taking so long. So from now on I'll only make comments at the end of the day and not after each map.

DAY 2:

Spoiler

At the end of the day I'm Lvl 93 with 22%

Last edited by Actkqk on Nov 5, 2015, 11:25:21 PM
Day 2 comments:

Today was the day of close calls... First, the same Beyonder appearing 2 times in an Arid Lake. I was unable to see his name but throws frequently Ice Spear and his damage appears very high in comparison with others... Just thinking about him now makes me want to avoid Beyonders in future maps. My poor heart will explode with so much fright.

Then, in another relatively easy map, something nice happens. I never saw the storm bearers... This is proof that sometimes have a relaxed style of play can also be very dangerous. A pack of monkeys approaching me quickly. I threw a couple of arrows and they die quickly, right in front of my. The chief gorilla who accompanied the pack of small monkeys is the last to die. Just when he dies, only then I get to see the white balls, one above another, and they begin to explode in my face... I was about to mourn when I see my life down to about 200. Only a miracle saved me... Good reminder that remain static for long is equally or more dangerous like running out of control. Who rushes more than they should dies and if you do not move, you die too. Nice game XD

After so much fright I've been in level 93 with 22%

Today I will remove the foot off the accelerator. I need to regenerate some Chaos and more low-level maps, and of course I need to breathe some peace. That's the good thing about these games. I and I alone am the one who decides the pace...

DAY 3:

Spoiler

Maps dropped: ZERO :(

Lvl 93 and 28%.

Last edited by Actkqk on Nov 7, 2015, 10:06:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info