What advantage have sword over the dagger in physical crit build?

Sword or dagger in my next melee crit build (1h+shield)? Daggers looks just better (bigger crit, pdps and they are much more common on poe.trade). So why folks so often use swords?
Last edited by pijanapanda on Nov 1, 2015, 4:49:16 AM
Haven't really noticed, crit sword builds are pretty rare as good crit swords are also more rare and more expensive than daggers/claws.

The reason you may want to get a sword is using a skill that isn't compatible with daggers or poorly compatible like cyclone that gets extra reach with rapiers, also if you go for an ele build as crit ele swords are very easy to roll and cheap.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Sword builds have slightly better access to life/life regen nodes for Blood Rage, and armor, while daggers are more suited towards ES based (CI or hybrid).

Swords also offer the best mobility with their great attack speed + Whirling Blades which is an often overlooked contributor to clear speed.

Also, weapon range as mentioned (Cyclone).

So swords are basically better only in ele crit build and with cyclone. thx.
Well I would say the two have not got much advantage over each other since the dagger nerf.
"
pijanapanda wrote:
Sword or dagger in my next melee crit build (1h+shield)? Daggers looks just better (bigger crit, pdps and they are much more common on poe.trade). So why folks so often use swords?

accuracy rating

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info